Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Singapore hotels

Hi guys! I'm kinda new to these boards so please bear with me. :)

I need your help lang sana. My friends and i are planning to go to Singapore in June for sightseeing and of course, The Great Singapore Sale among other things. :) I've been there na before but that was like 15 years ago so I don't really remember the street details, shopping places, etc.

We're now considering these 4 Orchard Road hotels that are about in the same price bracket:

1. Hotel Phoenix
2. Crowne Prince (or Crowne Hotel)
3. Le Meridien
4. Orchard Hotel

I would like feedback sana on these hotels, if one is better than the other... something like that.

And to those who have stayed in these hotels, do you think 4 people (all adults) can sleep comfortably in one room? Or if not, can u suggest other hotels that have spacious beds? We're on a budget kasi so we're trying to save every penny.

Thanks in advance for your help. Very much appreciated. :)

Comments

• I havent been to singapore but i will be there on the 9th of June... not sure how spacious the rooms are but for low hotel prices you might want to check this site...

http://www.s-pore.net/singapore-hotels.html

They have the lowest rates i've found.

Are you going to KL as well?
  • Thanks for the site info! Will check that out.

I'm planning to go on June 10. ABout the same time lang tayo if ever. :)

As of now, I'm strongly considering getting the Great Singapore Sale Promotional Offer of Singapore Airlines. They have a host of hotels to choose from, ranging from 3 to 5 star hotels. The cheapest they offer is US$286 for a 3d/2n stay including airfare and transfers.

Nope, I won't be going to KL this time. I went there last March. It's a nice place for shopping and of course, to see the Petronas Towers but to those who will go there esp. ladies carrying shoulder bags, BEWARE of snatchers riding in motorcycles and cars. I was the unfortunate victim of a snatching there. And to think it was just outside our hotel. Just be careful guys coz it's a very rampant thing there. Lots of victims esp. tourists. The place is not as safe as Singapore, that's for sure.
  • keanne wrote:
    Thanks for the site info! Will check that out.

As of now, I'm strongly considering getting the Great Singapore Sale Promotional Offer of Singapore Airlines. They have a host of hotels to choose from, ranging from 3 to 5 star hotels. The cheapest they offer is US$286 for a 3d/2n stay including airfare and transfers.

wow! may promotional offer na ang singapore airlines? is this already available? :)
  • Hi McMahon

Yes, this is already available. Check this out:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/saa?dynamic=LocalOffers_Details/LocalOffers_Details_GSS_MasterCard.html

There are certain restrictions like you can't take the earliest flight of the day but aside from that, okay naman yung package. And you have to use Mastercard to pay for it. :)
  • you can also stay in bugis area and walk to orchard
  • keanne wrote:
    Hi McMahon

Yes, this is already available. Check this out:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/saa?dynamic=LocalOffers_Details/LocalOffers_Details_GSS_MasterCard.html

There are certain restrictions like you can't take the earliest flight of the day but aside from that, okay naman yung package. And you have to use Mastercard to pay for it. :)

cool. thanks keanne! we're also planning to go din by june pero naghihintay kami ng mga promos :) thanks again!
  • BingoWingoBingoWingo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    does anyone know if Singapore airlines would have a promotional fare by July? I am headed there kasi eh..and would be using my timesharing with my parents for a week(first timer so I have no idea what to do in Singapore)...magtitiger sana ako pero sayang rin kasi yun miles ng Singapore Airlines pampadagdag sa mileage ko..kaya naghahanap ako ngayon ng promotional fares in July...anyone knows kung magkakaroon kaya?
  • Uy.. kita na lang tayo at Zouk! hhehehehe

Btw, thanks for the tip.. i'll definitely just gunna bring my belt bag with me.. its much more convinient and safe.

keanne wrote:
    Thanks for the site info! Will check that out.

Nope, I won't be going to KL this time. I went there last March. It's a nice place for shopping and of course, to see the Petronas Towers but to those who will go there esp. ladies carrying shoulder bags, BEWARE of snatchers riding in motorcycles and cars. I was the unfortunate victim of a snatching there. And to think it was just outside our hotel. Just be careful guys coz it's a very rampant thing there. Lots of victims esp. tourists. The place is not as safe as Singapore, that's for sure.
  • lupinlupin PExer
    I'll also be in Singapore this June 9-13. Since my parents and sister will be flying from Manila on the 10th, I'll just catch the overnight rail to KL, stay there for a fews hours then heed back to Singapore before they arrive. Anybody here who has tried the overnite rail? Feedback please... :)
  • Keanne,

For the money and extra thousand youre going to save, get
    Phoenix. Rooms are big enough , the rooms bit old but ok.

Next bet is Orchard Hotel, then Crown then meridien.
  • Why not try CARLTON HOTEL? Mura lang dito at sobrang linis and maganda yung rooms... malalaki pa.
  • Hhahaha goodluck to you guys. I've been there. And worse, we stayed in their redlights district locally known as Ermita. I just realized that Singapore's prostitution is way worse than in the Philippines. Hahahaha. And their life starts at 8pm! :) Upto morning na yan! Practically, they are night people. Heheh. :) Basta scratch the chain of hotels in your list na. It's yucki! :)
  • Lupin

taga san ka ba? 9-14 ako kasi.. di ko nga alam which train to take at kung ano ang last trip from Sentral KL to Singapore eh.

If you know, share naman please... :blush2:

Thanks!
  • lupinlupin PExer
    Roguester, check this out for the train sked and fare:
    http://www.ktmb.com.my/article.cfm?id=1083. I'll be coming from Tokyo. I'll arrive in Singapore maybe late in the afternoon on the 9th. I plan to take the bus to Johor Bahru and then wait for the night sleeper train to KL there. Train tickets in Singapore is times 2 of the Malaysian price. From the pictures the train facilities look comfy naman.

Tara! :D
  • Lupin na visit ko nga yang site na yan... di ko lang maintindihan! lol :blush2:

From my understanding:

I can take Ekspres Sinaran Pagi as for the time table... 8:30am ata from Sentral KL eh.. bat ganun 1's lang ba dadaan yung train in a day? But there's Senandung Malam and its at 22:30.. Train 11 right? Wow omg.. parang naiintindihan ko while typing this message.

I think yan na nga yung last trip from Sentral KL.. Train type is SM - Train no. 11.

Lupin ito pa pala yung isang site.. http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm informative and better pix of the train :D

8:30pm kasi ETA ko sa KL.. so i'll just go straight to KL Sentral and catch Train 11. I can just buy tickets from there right? I dont need to book it or anything?
  • BingoWingoBingoWingo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'll be going to Singapore by mid July. I am planning a side trip papuntang KL sana though I have no idea if it is gonna be cheaper taking the plane or the bus/train(on lupins post), since one way around cost 80 dollars(2400 medyo mahal rin pala)..its my first time to Singapore and KL, which alternative would u guys choose since I'll be travelling with my parents, would be staying at SG for a week(timeshare kasi) and planning to see KL as well, but want it to be cheap(budgeted, the cheaper the better hopefully). any one knows also which hotels are cheap in malaysia if youre travelling as 3 in your group? Sa train kasi, I noticed its for 2 lang, so I am wondering where the 3rd person would be staying, would he get a single cabin which would be more expensive then? Or just stay at the economy side (pero d ba uncomfortable for 6 hrs?)..I hope anyone can shed feedback on this, as i am clueless how to get to KL and back to sg...since first timer ko.
  • BingoWingo

I think train is fine.. you can do what other people were suggesting, like just buy tickets at SG to Johor Bahru then take the train from there. Tickets in SG is more expensive than when you buy it in some other places.

For the hotels.. if you want a budgeted place to stay in.. i'll suggest Hostels. There are lots of decent ones and u can take the suite one with a private bathroom and still pay for at least US $11 a night, breakfast included. :D

For SG, this is the cheapest hotel rates i found http://www.s-pore.net
  • speaking of hostels, may recommended hostels ba kayo sa singapore? what about inn-crowd? or YMCA? may thread na ba about hostels in southeast asia? help pls!!!
  • Try City Bayview in Bencoolen. You can walk to orchard. If you're into electronics, it's near Sim Lim. If you're hungry, there's a kopitiam nearby.
  • When I was in Sing last year, I stayed at Sheraton Hotel near Newton Station. It was a good place with very good service. They also served good food. The hotel itself is quite small compared to the ones here in Manila. But their room is definitely very comfy. *okay*