The UNICEF's Fundraising Event - "Take A Walk on the Child's Side"

zarczarc Restarting PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Just forwarding an activity from UNICEF...

www.yehey.com/lifestyle/culture.aspx?artid=13786
www.unicef.org/philippines

We are writing to you on behalf of the many children in the Philippines that UNICEF is trying to help. Every year we seek additional ways to raise funds from local individuals, corporations and institutions that would provide UNICEF in the Philippines sustainable sources of funding for children’s programs. We also aim to increase awareness in the country about UNICEF’s work for children as well as recruit volunteers who will help UNICEF in some of its activities.

In line with the above, we will have a fundraising project on May 21, 2005 at 4pm in Heritage Park Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, to promote and support the education program in the country. We will be holding The UNICEF “Take A Walk on the Child’s Side” Walkathon, which aims to raise One Million Pesos to provide UNICEF-assisted schools all over the Philippines with basic school materials, training for teachers, 100-book libraries and even water and sanitation facilities.

We would like to invite you, together with your family and friends to participate in our walk for the kids. A short walk will go a long way in improving the education of the Filipino children. Attached is a registration form and more information about the UNICEF “Take A Walk on the Child’s Side” Walkathon. Moreover, we are inviting your band to perform pro bono at the free concert during the Walkathon, around 6 PM. Your contribution will help enrich the lives and brighten the future of children across the country.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me using the information below.

We look forward to seeing you with us in making a difference in the lives of children in the Philippines.

Sincerely,

Mars Chua
UNICEF Intern
Mobile: 0920-9236003
Email: [email protected]

Noted by:

Sheena Acero
Private Sector Fundraising Staff
Unicef Philippines
Unicef Hotline: 758-1000

Comments

• *Zaphne**Zaphne* VaaaVaaVooooom!!!! PExer
    hmmm....how do i volunteer for UNICEF? what kind of tasks do volunteers normally get involved in? :)
  • blizzie12blizzie12 LinTech PExer
    Me too, how do I volunteer for this organization?
  • sxy_shandysxy_shandy PinoyWebStartup.com Founder PExer
    Hey guys =)
    I was one of the UNICEF interns who organized the Walkathon event last May.
    You could submit your resume to [email protected] Sheena Acero is part of the Private Sector Fundraising Office of UNICEF. Please CC me as ([email protected])
    We're planning major events early next year and maybe you can help out with those.
    FYI, some colleges/universities are starting to form local chapters to gather volunteers specifically for UNICEF within their school.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file