Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Fishball sauce recipes [Merged]

can anyone post a recipe for great, home-made fishball sauce? Yung sweet and spicy and the toyo-vinegar sauce. i tried making some for myself but they never, ever taste like those made by the fishball vendors (maybe it's because may halo nang dust, usok and hepa yung sauce lol.gif ) share naman o. thanks!

Comments

• Originally posted by cloud strych9:
    can anyone post a recipe for great, home-made fishball sauce? Yung sweet and spicy and the toyo-vinegar sauce. i tried making some for myself but they never, ever taste like those made by the fishball vendors (maybe it's because may halo nang dust, usok and hepa yung sauce lol.gif ) share naman o. thanks!

it's the hepa thing that makes the difference :D

• Bili ka na lang sa mga supermarket, madaming brands of fishball sauce, merong sweet and sour, spicy etc.
  • MJMJ PExer
    gusto ko yung vinegar lang na sauce. dati gumawa ako sa amin vinegar, then nilagyan ko ng sliced onions (yung violet will do), then konting tinadtad na siling labuyo para maanghang ng konti... masarap naman! :D
  • I like the sweet and very spicy sauce! yummy.gif
  • ang ginawa namin dati, may suki kaming tindero ng fishball, tapos nagpagawa kami ng sauce sa kanya, siempre may bayad! kausapin mo na lang mga naglalako sa inyo...
  • Sweet and Spicy!
  • Originally posted by cloud strych9:
    Give us what you came up with. Maybe there is someone out there who is willing to go further with the recipe. I love fishballs myself and can only obtain the succulent morsels through Filipino stores around the area. As far as the sauce is concerned could you discribe it (look and taste)? Maybe we could brake the code.

Shall we all cross our fingers?!
  • Have you tried this combo?

1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup vinegar
    1/2 cup water
    1 tablespoon cornstarch mix with a couple of tablespoon water
    1 teaspoon soy sauce
    dash of salt
    dash of msg (don't know if this is included)
    dash of tabasco sauce

• mudbug, di ba masyadong maraming suka ? try nyo lagyan ng ketchup, konti lang pampalasa, ok din sya.

[This message has been edited by bengskie (edited 09-04-2000).]
  • Originally posted by bengskie:
    mudbug, di ba masyadong maraming suka ? try nyo lagyan ng ketchup, konti lang pampalasa, ok din sya.

[This message has been edited by bengskie (edited 09-04-2000).]
    I've never tried this kind of sauce for fish balls that cloud strych9 has mentioned. If he/she can describe how this sauce looks like to the "T" maybe we could get somewhere. I'm totally curious about this sauce. I'm more than willing to help out. I've done some experimenting with other people (not on this site) looking for other recipes and giving my two cents worth. I'll take my vinegar, soy sauce, even my mayonnaise out and what not just to find that secret sauce, I'll do it.

[This message has been edited by Mudbug (edited 09-04-2000).]
  • wala akong exact measurements (experiment na lang kayo), pero i just put garlic, sugar, vinegar, soysauce and cornstarch... plus kung gusto nyong spicy, add siling labuyo (chopped). i make it for merienda (and when my barkada is around) and everyone's pleased =) sorry, tantsa-tantsa lang yung measurements... and since i can't find fishballs here (im in the u.s.), i just make my own. pero in my opinion, mas masarap pa rin syempre yung binibili sa kalye.

• Originally posted by manilapinay22
    wala akong exact measurements (experiment na lang kayo), pero i just put garlic, sugar, vinegar, soysauce and cornstarch... plus kung gusto nyong spicy, add siling labuyo (chopped). i make it for merienda (and when my barkada is around) and everyone's pleased =) sorry, tantsa-tantsa lang yung measurements... and since i can't find fishballs here (im in the u.s.), i just make my own. pero in my opinion, mas masarap pa rin syempre yung binibili sa kalye.

MAS OKS TALAGA TSAMBA!

IF U WANT IT NA MAS MAANGHANG, SAUTE THE GARLIC WITHE THE SILING LABUYO. LESS OIL. AND ALSO ADD KETCHUP.
  • avaj: thanks for the tip! i'll try that!

anyway, while searching the web, may nakita akong 2 fishball recipes (i want to try them out!).

here they are: (I got this off Letseat.net) Medyo kakaiba kasi may pineapple juice. Has anyone tried this out?
    It says the recipes come from "Dorothy's Cooking School Book available at National Bookstore". I haven't seen that cookbook, but i'll probably check it out someplace (amazon kaya or bestbookbuys.com).

Fish Ball Sauce 1

Ingredients:

1/3 cup granulated white sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt
    1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 cup water
    1 teaspoon soy sauce
    1 American lemon, washed and sliced thinly into rounds

Instruction:

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat
    until slightly thick. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the lemon
    slices

Fish Ball Sauce 2

Ingredients:

1/3 cup vinegar
    1/2 cup granulated white sugar
    1/4 cup tomato catsup
    4 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 cup water
    4 teaspoons cornstarch dispersed in 1/4 cup water
    1 cup carrots, cut into strips
    1 cup red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
    1/2 cup sliced onions
    1 cup canned pineapple chunks, well-drained

Instruction:

Combine the vinegar, sugar, catsup, soy sauce and water in the saucepan.
    Let it boil without stirring. Add the cornstarch solution and the
    vegetables. Stir continously over low heat until thick.

Disclaimer:

The materials here are compilations of recipes gathered from research.
    Ownership of recipes remain with their respective developers.

• gusto ko yun maraming sili.
    tamis anghang.

:D:D:D
  • hmm...my friend's dad made this great fishball sauce once...it really tasted like the real streetfood kind! we were watching him make it...he started out by heating bigas in a wok...really! tapos nung medyo brown na, he added water and boiled it. nung sobrang mushy na, that's when he started adding vinegar and sugar and whatever, basta nakalimutan ko na.
    ganun ba talaga? i mean, nakita ko yung recipes na naka-post tapos wala yung rice eh. :confused:
  • Originally posted by cutie54
    hmm...my friend's dad made this great fishball sauce once...it really tasted like the real streetfood kind! we were watching him make it...he started out by heating bigas in a wok...really! tapos nung medyo brown na, he added water and boiled it. nung sobrang mushy na, that's when he started adding vinegar and sugar and whatever, basta nakalimutan ko na.
    ganun ba talaga? i mean, nakita ko yung recipes na naka-post tapos wala yung rice eh. :confused:

cutie54! Give us the recipe! The exact recipe! I would so love to make this.

Is there anyway you can contact your friends dad for the recipe?

Please post!
  • ei sure! i'll see if i can ask my friend tomorrow. :)
    i wouldn't mind having the recipe myself, anyway.
    :yum:
  • Originally posted by cutie54
    ei sure! i'll see if i can ask my friend tomorrow. :)
    i wouldn't mind having the recipe myself, anyway.
    :yum:

Thanks Cutie. We'll be waiting for it.
  • Nasaan na ang recipe??
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by pobre
    Nasaan na ang recipe??

There are at least 3 recipes above your reply.