Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

What to Buy and What to do in Kuala Lumpur?

Im gunna go to KL and SG this June any suggestions? For Singapore i prety much have an idea what to do there *thanks to PEX* but im zero about KL.

The only thing about SG that i dontknow about is how to get there by train? I have no idea which train to take and train # should i get on to, and their time table. I was trying to look it up in the internet but i have no luck.

Anyone knows how to get around?.... would really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• try this website. http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm
    Never been there but plan to do so this last quarter of 2005.
  • You can go to ChinaTown in Kuala Lumpur for some bargains.
  • *bump bump*

hello anymore suggestions po?

Thanks to housingloans12 and videogames.

:clown3:
  • hey rogue! :)

when do u plan to go in sin & kl? i myself is composing an itinerary for the last wk of june. im heading to sin via air then to kl via a sleeper train. :blush2:

for more activities in kl, hop in to this virtual site...

http://www.virtualmalaysia.com/
  • for shopping, don't miss bukit bintang (as if you'll miss it, hehehe), it's like the nathan road of hk, and the orchard of sg. i find goods/items quite expensive in KL compared to hk and bkk. you can buy from zara in KLCC since we don't have shop here in manila. i'd also recommend that really nice trinkets store in the 4th or 5th floor of KLCC where they sell these rubber duckies with designs of funny, colorful, and beautiful patterns/prints. they have a nice range of things to bring home, it's like a tickles store, i think...

head to the petronas early morning as tickets (2,000+ ONLY per day) easily run out! didn't get the chance to go up the bridge since we went to get our ticket at 1pm for the 3pm-something viewing hour.

the view of KL from the Menara Tower is also great! don't miss this out in your itinerary...

languid around with your friends in Frangipani and enjoy your favorite cocktails, cool interiors and dj music. Don't remember the exact address but it's near Bukit Bintang, make a right turn in KFC, then just go straight, or better yet, look it up the net. hehehe

have fun!
  • Thanks so much!!!

its very informative and helpfull! cant wait to go na! :crazytongue:
  • ako punta na ko sa thursday sa KL!!!!!

sana lang talaga mas mura electronics dun kesa sa singapore. tama ba?
  • makeit_good,

where can we get tickets for the petronas tower? how much? :wink:
  • ^
    ^
    from a website... www.malaysiasite.nl/twinseng.htm
    ---
    The Skybridge of the PETRONAS Twin Towers opens from Tuesday to Sunday.
    The Skybridge Ticket Counter opens at 8.30am on every operational days. The visiting hours is from 9.00am to 5.00pm.

As for Monday, the Skybridge would be opened for half day from 9.00am to 1.00pm during school holiday and open full day from 9.00am to 5.00pm if the Monday is Public Holiday, otherwise the Skybridge would be closed. I think it would be good if you could advise your friend to avoid visiting the Skybridge on Monday.

There are 1300 tickets to be issued on first come first serve basis. The ticket is free of charge. Normally the tickets would be finished around 11.00am. The tickets will be issued on the visit day itself. To avoid any disappointment, I would suggest you to come to the ticket counter as early as 8.30am. The Skybridge Ticket counter located at the Concourse Floor (underground) of the PETRONAS Twin Towers. The floor can be accessed from both Towers.

There is no restaurant at the Skybridge.
    There is a club, Malaysian Petroleum Club located at Level 41&Level 42. The club is only open for the members.
    ---
    the ticket counter is at the 1st floor of KLCC Suria, it's near Chanel, i think... or was it gucci? Hmmm... You can always ask the security guards of the mall. the website says there are only 1,300 tickets alloted every day but when i was there last march, i remember that it was around 2k++.

hope this helps... :)
  • fedster wrote:
    ako punta na ko sa thursday sa KL!!!!!

sana lang talaga mas mura electronics dun kesa sa singapore. tama ba?

i'm not sure if electronics are cheaper there than in singapore, but it's cheaper than in bangkok. my friends bought a sony boom box in bangkok for our beach days in penang, but to their dismay, the same model is way cheaper in KL.
  • i checked the airasia website last night and was delighted to find out that an airasia package (airfare + hotel) for an august 12-16 trip to KL costs only around P14,000.00... for 2 persons, and inclusive of taxes and fees! would you believe??? these dates will fall under the KL Mega Carnival Sale season... Hotel is Radius International, very near Bukit Bintang, three-stars on tin sharing-basis. Not bad, eh? :)
  • Ay kainggit ni fedster !! ako next thursday pa!!

btw, make_it_good it could be cheaper of u jsut get the airfare from Airasia and find ur own hotel/hostel. That's what i did.. I got the tickets for Php8000 and just going to stay a this hostel a block away from petronas. It's a suite room naman for $11USD a night. Really a great deal! anyway, it's just a suggestion. :blush2:
  • oist rogue,

anong hostel yan? punta ako kase ng SIN on June 29, tapos to KL on July 2.
    please advise ...saka how did you booked? via net or in person?...
  • roguester wrote:
    Ay kainggit ni fedster !! ako next thursday pa!!

btw, make_it_good it could be cheaper of u jsut get the airfare from Airasia and find ur own hotel/hostel. That's what i did.. I got the tickets for Php8000 and just going to stay a this hostel a block away from petronas. It's a suite room naman for $11USD a night. Really a great deal! anyway, it's just a suggestion. :blush2:

actually, the quote i got was cheaper 'cause it's 14,000 for 2 persons na, meaning only 7,000 each, inclusive of airfare and a 4-night hotel accommodation. :) Cheaper dba?
  • dcometdcomet PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    did you include taxes and other charges?
  • makeit_good
    i checked the airasia website last night and was delighted to find out that an airasia package (airfare + hotel) for an august 12-16 trip to KL costs only around P14,000.00... for 2 persons, and inclusive of taxes and fees! would you believe??? these dates will fall under the KL Mega Carnival Sale season... Hotel is Radius International, very near Bukit Bintang, three-stars on tin sharing-basis. Not bad, eh? ]

kasama na ba travel tax jan and terminal fees?

hmmmm i might consider this one!
  • I went there for two days lang I think, coming from Singapore via Bus. Argh! Don't do that! half day ride going to KL. Anywayz, I recommend going to petronas of course, also you can go to KL Tower also... In Petronas kasi free ang admission but you have to go there early for the ticket... Sa KL tower naman you have to pay.. Nanuod din ako ng 4D Movie sa Pentagon Square... FOr Free! hehe.. Nilandi lang ng kasama ko yung Manager.. Hehe.. :D
  • Where is the Golden Shopping Arcade or Virra Mall (or Quiapo) of Malaysia?
  • I have a friend in KL and invited me to visit, i like to go but i spent my Christmas vaction in the lovely Philippines, and i envy you guys going there. truly i l ike to see more of Asia.
  • dcometdcomet PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    kaya spread, rendang and satay mixes. do not forget to buy sambal.