Home PEx Hobbies Music Fans

Get Lifted with JOHN LEGEND

i have no idea if someone has posted anything about this dude, but i just bought his album (Get Lifted) and i have to say that he is gonna be the next R&B superstar.

Kanye West is the executive producer of Get Lifted, and it already has a hit song in Used To Love U. it's phenomenal.

anyone else a fan?

Comments

• pc03pc03 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the first time i saw john legend was in his duet with mariah carey in the show called vh1 save the music 2005...magaling sya buong buo ang voice nya,pogi pa!ganda ng kutis!

dko alam kung ano ang rate ng cd nya kaya d ako bumili...ano ba mgganda songs nya?ano ang carrier single?
  • the whole cd is good. my favorites are Used To Love U, Refuge, She Don't Have To Know and Ordinary People, but all the tracks are great!

if you like RnB, you'll definietly love him. :)
  • saw him on that save the music show, too, and his video ordinary people.
    he sounds good. i must agree, very full-bodied ang voice niya which is a good match for his R&B style.

Thanks for the recommendation vince 15. I am really thinking of getting his CD nga eh. Will probably try to listen to the other tracks first. :)
  • razzprazzp PExer
    Ok I'll buy this one.
  • i heard he's gone on a concert with alicia keys and he blew the audience away. just sharing..
  • demented_yuandemented_yuan PEx Rookie ⭐
    oh yeah, i bought a copy of his album and yes...he's the next best thing.....

i dunno, somehow, i can find this some sort of marvin gaye impression on his styles..but i notice some of his songs are intended to patch things up with his girl, or some reaffirmation of his love....

e.g i can change..
    number one
    so high
    stay with you...

i like the lets get lifted track...its my cant-get-out-of-my-head-song as of this time
  • ronnronn PExer
    yep, i only got to know his existence after seeing her performance with mariah. he's damn fortunate to actually sing with someone big, considering he's a newbie... at least, to me.
  • first time i heard him was with "With You Im Born Again" duet with no less, Mariah Carey. It was solemnly beautiful. And yes, i think im gona buy this guy's debut album and be a fan.

is his duet with Alicia Keys downloadable already?
  • ^

i dunno if it's up anywhere but i guess it wouldn't hurt to try to search for it anyway. if you search a lot i'm sure it wouldn't take too long to find out if there already are downloadable versions.

my can't-get-out-of-my-head song right now... Ordinary People.
  • ok thanks vince 15. :) i'll bug my friend to dowload it for me, hahaha.

currently listening to "With You Im Born Again". Ang galing sobra.
  • ^

chef, tell me if your friend finds it. i'd like to download it, too. thanks!

come on, non-fans! give john legend a chance to wow you. he won't disappoint. :)
  • hey vince15, i actually read that his music is classified under NEOSOUL, the same new subgenre wherein you'll find the likes of maxwell, musiq, raphael saddiq, eryka baddhu, etc.. anyways, R&B or neosoul or whatever, i agree that he's really good. i was actually surprised to see his disc at tower only now, eh ang tagal ko nang nadownload ng buong album. sayang anwar would have done well doing ordinary people -- without the diva-esque vocal histrionics he's known for :glee:
  • can anyone post his pic???
  • wow ganda ni mariah sa save the music...
  • hey vince15, i actually read that his music is classified under NEOSOUL, the same new subgenre wherein you'll find the likes of maxwell, musiq, raphael saddiq, eryka baddhu, etc.. anyways, R&B or neosoul or whatever, i agree that he's really good. i was actually surprised to see his disc at tower only now, eh ang tagal ko nang nadownload ng buong album. sayang anwar would have done well doing ordinary people -- without the diva-esque vocal histrionics he's known for :glee:

oh. dami nang genres ngayon, and i can't keep up with every genre that's born each day. hehe. but NEOSOUL does sound like a good name for that kind of music.

i agree that anwar would've done Ordinary People quite well. sayang nga.
  • quents wrote:
    can anyone post his pic???

gallery_image9_lg.jpg
  • gallery_image2_lg.jpg

gallery_image3_lg.jpg

gallery_image6_lg.jpg

media_print_bsmag_lg.jpg

i hope those're enough. :)
  • just lifting this thread up..
  • i love his duet with mariah carey in the vh1 save the music...with you i;m born again..it's great
  • ^

since everyone seems to agree on that, i better go download that performance then. hehe.