Home PEx Sports NBA

Who was the best Michael Jordan defender?

Yeah yeah, I know that it was pretty difficult to shackle Mr. Air over there, but all through his 15 years of playing, who do you think was the best who ever came close to shutting him down?

I personally dont know so but they say Joe Dumars was IT. Who else?

Comments

• neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nobody....time and again, he'd find a way to overcome adversities....

• Ro Blackman
  • Dumars was able to stop His Airness but he wasn't alone cause he has the bad boys to back him up. Yes, he can be stopped but only through team effort. Individually, he owns everyone!! Nuff said!!
  • GEORGE KARL!!!

di ba during mj's last all star appearance he defended mj by pulling out kobe, so he can bag the all-star mvp???

kaya george karl is his greatest defender. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

[This message has been edited by jethro (edited 08-17-2000).]
  • Dumars!!! hey he said it himself in a recent interview
  • Road DoggRoad Dogg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Joe Dumars.
  • alaina_05alaina_05 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Yeah I believe its Joe Dumars and...................Michael's wife[/b]. lol.giflol.gif

• Yeah I believe its Joe Dumars and...................Michael's wife[/b]. lol.giflol.gif
  • Originally posted by alaina_05:

Yeah I believe its Joe Dumars and...................Michael's wife
    . lol.giflol.gif [/B]

HEY.... lol.gif
  • The DETROIT PISTONS as a team...(Isaiah's time) man, have you see the way they guard Jordan? Talagang masyadong physical...

One on One, of course, it's Joe Dumars
  • guard Jordan = tie his hands,blind fold him :D
  • yeah, you can argue JOE DUMARS or MICHAEL COOPER, but it's actually DEAN SMITH.

He's the only one to keep MJ to less than 20ppg
  • Doug Christie, formerly of the Raptors came as close as anyone in shutting down MJ whenever they came to Toronto.
  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Does the name Eddie Jones ring a bell to you?
  • Originally posted by nuss:
    Does the name Eddie Jones ring a bell to you?
    Eddie Jones couldn't guard MJ. It's proven in those Bulls-Lakers games where both men played. The Rock loves Eddie as much as the next guy, but he could never shut Michael down. Michael always took great pleasure in beating the Lakers, especially because good friend Magic Johnson is one of the Laker VPs. The thing with Mike was, if you were his friend, the more he wanted to beat you. Ask friends around the league like Barkley, Ewing, Bird, Magic, etc. MJ just could not quench his competitive fire and could never accept defeat, especially at the hands of a friend. :cool:
  • it's 2002. michael is not in chicago anymore...

michael is still good but he's old...

who can stop michael ngayon? i think marami nang nakakagawa nyan.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    probably joe dumars but as a team, it was originally the knicks back in 91 which made jordan work out more to take his game to a higher level after that, ha always loved whooping the knicks
  • Dennis Rodman. I remember Chuck Daly usually letting Rodman take on Jordan during the last few minutes of the game.
  • the 89 bad boys of DETROIT. it was team defense that beat Jordan . Dumars, Rodman, Thomas, V.Johnson tired him out. Imagine being banged by one of the all-time greatest defense-oriented teams.
  • no doubt: reggie miller