Home PEx Campus San Beda College

san beda law school

im an incoming freshman of san beda college of law. what should i expect with sbc law?

Comments

• you will have an orientation.

you will be more than 13 sections

upper class men would exagerrate how hard it is in law school( but most of the time, it is not an exagerration)

You are lucky if your section is 1-S its considered as a high section

just study hard and be willing to go beyond your abilities during college
  • you need a lot of hard work and prayers...

yung sinabi ni the_red_one is true....13 sections on your freshman year then on your last year, 2 sections na lang...
  • im an incoming freshman of san beda college of law. what should i expect with sbc law?

You should expect that law school demands a lot from you.

Studying on a regular-daily basis. You are going to have assignments that will require you to read books, codal provisions and cases. Diligence is expected of you.

You will learn how to recite on a regular basis. Remember, in law school, the law professor is God. You can be confident when you are speaking before your professor but never overconfident. Kahit na gaano ka pa katalino and kasipag, your understanding of the law will not be at par with your professor. You will probably have professors who have been teaching that subject even before you were born, or before you even learned your ABCs.

You should try to know beforehand the teaching styles of your professors. Some focus on codal provisions, some teach with heavy emphasis on case law, some teach with some form of structure of the topic, some teach with just asking questions left and right, some have a modified lecture-recitation, some give quizzes. There are professors who have perfect attendance, meron din maraming absences. Learn their recitation questions styles, there are professors who are able to ask all the students in once session, yung iba "one-shot-deal" - you will only recite once, kaya buong session ikaw lang mag-recite.

You should try to get to know some law students in the upper years. They can give valuable feedback on type of exams and type of professors.

Expect as well that you are going to have classmates who find it difficult to adjust, maraming nag-quit kagad or withdraw on the first week of classes. By the second semester, at least one-third of each section are already irregular students. This is why from 12 sections in first year, it is almost a foregone conclusion that only 7 sections reach second year.

Enjoy law school, learn the law, understand it, and more importantly, have a loyal group or circle of friends who will help you cope with the demands of law school. There is so much competition among students in law school.
  • hey guys.. how much ba ang tuition sa beda law? thanks!
  • xxxxxxxxxxxx You are lucky if your section is 1-S its considered as a high section xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    you mean the sections in SBC are arranged according to the test results?
  • Thoma§ wrote:
    you mean the sections in SBC are arranged according to the test results?

are you going to mendiola?
  • perhaps. i limited my options to UST and San Beda because i still have a brother who will be taking medicine and we can't afford shelling out additional loot.
  • guys, tanong lang, kumusta naman ang atmosphere sa san beda? i mean, kung sobrang rigid ng standards for retention (as in dalawang sections na lang on the final year?!), hindi ba naman nagiging sobrang competitive ng relationship ng mga students with each other? o talagang survival of the fittest na lang, dog-eat-dog?curious lang ako, kasi papasok na ako sa UP law and ang unang sinabi sa akin ng mga kakilala ko hindi ganun ka-competitive ang mga estudyante dahil more or less kung sino yung blockmates mo on your first year, makakasama mo pa rin sila hanggang sa final year.
  • panopticon wrote:
    guys, tanong lang, kumusta naman ang atmosphere sa san beda? i mean, kung sobrang rigid ng standards for retention (as in dalawang sections na lang on the final year?!), hindi ba naman nagiging sobrang competitive ng relationship ng mga students with each other? o talagang survival of the fittest na lang, dog-eat-dog?curious lang ako, kasi papasok na ako sa UP law and ang unang sinabi sa akin ng mga kakilala ko hindi ganun ka-competitive ang mga estudyante dahil more or less kung sino yung blockmates mo on your first year, makakasama mo pa rin sila hanggang sa final year.
    well be happy na lang in UP, you cant describe the atmosphere in beda if you are not a bedan student....kahit sabihin ko sayo eh you wont understand
  • :wave:

i'm an incoming student of San Beda College of Law. tanong ko lang kung gaano katotoo na "brutal sa tanggalan" ng estudyante ang San Beda Law. what adjustments must i, a UP graduate, do upon entering San Beda Law?

thanks. :)
  • ^^ baka maging kaklase kita hehe. i might go to SBC.
  • :wave: @ thomas :D

baka nga maging magkaklase tayo. good luck sa ating mga soon-to-be Bedan lawyers. may nakapagsabi kasi sa akin na nagtatanggal ng estudyante ang San Beda Law every year kaya dapat ko daw galingan... :confused:
  • :wave: @ male22maroon hehehe :D

Guys, dapat todo aral sa first year sa law school. Foundation subjects iyan for the bar exam which we will be hurdling some 4-5 years from now (as if naman ang sipag kong mag-aral hehe).
  • well, sabi nga nila yung first year ang adjustment period sa law school. balak ko pa naman sanang makapag-start ng business while in law school but i'm postponing it until i'm on my second or third year. gusto ko na kasing maging self-sufficient kahit papaano. nakakahiya na rin kasi sa magulang ko. :D
  • Congrats to the 3 Bedan topnotchers and to all new Bedan lawyers! Animo San Beda!!!
  • :wave:

i'm an incoming student of San Beda College of Law. tanong ko lang kung gaano katotoo na "brutal sa tanggalan" ng estudyante ang San Beda Law. what adjustments must i, a UP graduate, do upon entering San Beda Law?

thanks. :)

You just have to learn how to study on a regular/daily basis and cope with the demands of law school. The first month is a good measure of how you can adjust. Take note of my earlier post in this thread. Goodluck to all of you guys who will be studying law in San Beda. Just study and pray. Remember that professors in San Beda Law usually have a tendency to give low grades. Some professors give a grade for perfect recitation of only 85. Zero based exams.

Be friends with everyone. Don't buy all the comments of the upper years, nananakot lang yung mga yun. You also don't really need to join fraternities to survive, but it is your choice though, it may also help. But the number of students who become irregular students by second semester might be intimidating. But that is the system in the law school, force the students to study hard so that they will realize their potentials.
  • Congratulations to Bedan CPA Lawyers Clifton Abot and Edgardo Bruce (SBC CAS- BS Accountancy Batch 1997)
  • LongBow wrote:
    Congratulations to Bedan CPA Lawyers Clifton Abot and Edgardo Bruce (SBC CAS- BS Accountancy Batch 1997)

Longbow, this is the complete list of new Bedan CPA Lawyers -

DIZON, Efren Vincent
    SBC BSA 1999, SBC Law 2004
    5th placer, 2004 bar exam

ABOT, Clifton
    SBC BSA 1997, SBC Law 2004

BRUCE Jr., Edgardo

DE VERA, Jack
    SBC BSA 1998, SBC Law 2004

KABANLIT, Arnold

RELATO, Roy
    SBC BSA 1998, SBC Law 2004
  • Thanks CPA_LLB (Bruce, Abot or Kabanlit?) :naughty: Congrats sa yo!

Ang galing talaga ng Bedan CPA!hehehe... :crazytongue: Goodluck sa mga batchmates ko na kumukuha ng law ngayon. Sana mag-top sila!

Sana din eh hindi maputol ang pagto-top ng Bedan CPA's sa Bar exams.
  • thanks for the advice, CPA_LLB. i'm so honored to become part of one of the country's Big Three law schools (the others being the UP College of Law [i did not pass LAE] and the Ateneo Law School [i missed the application for ALS because i was very busy with my thesis during the time]). kumusta nga pala ang performance ng mga UP alumni who studied law in San Beda? malaki ba ang kaibahan nila sa mga katulad mo na talagang from Beda? :?: :)