Home PEx Campus University of the Philippines
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Can I Get In To UP?

My parents does not work and my only financial source are coming from my bros and sis abroad. I've already pased the UPCAT and now the school will consider if I can pay the tuition. What are my options?

**Please note that although this situation is very much true I'm not the actual person that is in this situation.

Comments

• ^Apply for STFAP. Kung maswerte ka, free na ang tuition mo, may allowance ka pa.

Or Apply for scholarships. Ang dami sa Vinzons Hall. Punta ka at mag-inquire dun.

Or have a part time job. Usong-uso sa UP students ang part-time tutors. For an hour kikita ka na ng at least Php100. malaking bagay na yun. :D
  • UP does consider if a student can pay the minimal tuition fee to assess if a student should be given financial subsidy. Kaya nga may STFAP and postings ng scholarship grants sa Vinzon's Hall.
  • if i remember correctly, the letter sent out to applicants who passed the UPCAT includes information regarding STFAP. :D

best of luck. ;)

:spinstar:
  • aieka wrote:
    ^Apply for STFAP. Kung maswerte ka, free na ang tuition mo, may allowance ka pa.

Or Apply for scholarships. Ang dami sa Vinzons Hall. Punta ka at mag-inquire dun.

Or have a part time job. Usong-uso sa UP students ang part-time tutors. For an hour kikita ka na ng at least Php100. malaking bagay na yun. :D
    Maraming salamat sa pag-sagot mo.

I'm going to take a stab at the meaning of STFAP. Is it Student Tuition Fee Assistance Program or something similar?
  • ^ it's actually Socialized Tuition and Financial Assistance Program. :D

but i did guess the exact same you did. :)

• Thanks yaniyahniyanee.
  • kabisekabise PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Thanks yaniyahniyanee.

lem i can lead you to the right direction, you know. lalaki o babae ba ang studyante mo?
  • ^ no problem p1n0y_par1n!

sorry about the grammar blurb, supposed to say the exact same way you did. :D

• yung STFAP ibi-base sa income at assets ng parents/family mo. should be honest about this though, dahil may cases na umaabot sa korte dahil nagsisinungaling sa STFAP.

students can also avail of tuition fee loans, basta may guarantor ka na UP employee. Bali dito, parang uutangin mo muna yung certain percentage ng tuition mo and you can pay it with installments till the semester ends. :D

hope these all helps. :)
  • May classmate ako nun, de-kotse pa siya pero bracket 5 sa STFAP. Sinabi niya kasing unemployed yung mom niya at hiwalay ito sa Dad niya. Nakalusot.
  • if you're taking a science or an engg course, apply for DOST. they give full tuition when in UP and a monthly stipend. the downside is your binded (you have to work IN the Philippines) for about five years after graduation but it has never been a problem for me. I can still go out the country. Just present them a guarantee letter from your company.
  • i believe that the application for STFAP is already finished
  • kabise wrote:
    lem i can lead you to the right direction, you know. lalaki o babae ba ang studyante mo?

Was about to suggest the same as mr. yotsuya.

Anyway, lumayo ka pa Lem.. si Kabs na tinanong mo kayang kaya ka nyan ipasok -- sasagutin nya lahat!
    Jennifer wrote:
    Was about to suggest the same as mr. yotsuya.

Anyway, lumayo ka pa Lem.. si Kabs na tinanong mo kayang kaya ka nyan ipasok -- sasagutin nya lahat!

lahat naman ng jeepney sa may QC pumapasok ng UP eh. :lol: pasok lang pala. :P
  • DacsDacs PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pede ka mag aplay pa ng STFAP kaso for 2nd sem na, and AFAIK puede mo ma reimburse yung tuition this coming sem.
  • pwede rin yata mag study loan. pero ok nga rin mag dost ka. at least kahit paano may allowance ka monthly.
  • i think ateneo offers schlarship for those poors.
    Try enquiring at the Admission Office. ;)

Good Luck, bro!

Win or Loose, Ateneo the school i choose.
    impeccible wrote:
    i think ateneo offers schlarship for those poors.
    Try enquiring at the Admission Office. ;)

Good Luck, bro!

Win or Loose, Ateneo the school i choose.

I guess you will give Ateneo a run for their money. ;)
  • ^^ singit na naman. parati pinagpipilitan Oxbridge kuno ang ateneo, baka Quiapo Bridge. :glee:
    cortez143 wrote:
    ^^ singit na naman. parati pinagpipilitan Oxbridge kuno ang ateneo, baka Quiapo Bridge. :glee:

itatakwil ng mga atenista yan, kamukha kong 25 centavos lang baong english eh. :glee: