FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Harvard anyone?

mark_markmark_mark MAXICARE APPLYT 09178046275 ✭✭✭
Paano 'pag may offer sa iyo sa Harvard? Iyon sya may scholarship na. Iiwan mo ba skol mo and your family and friends for the sake of studying in a prestigious university.

Comments

• bashobasho beta-plus baby! PExer
    Nope...Stanford na lang! :D

But seriously, if it's a full scholarship including food and lodging, sure! Why not?
  • tr|n|tytr|n|ty the queen bee PExer
    i wouldnt mind at all. Sayang nga that i didnt apply to harvard :p but i am planning to apply for HBS in around 4 years time (naka naman!) I've left my fam and friends once for school ...y not a second time?
  • EinaEina Member PExer
    Definitely.
  • acridmouthacridmouth Member PExer
    Of course. Harvard yun eh.

Anyways, how do you get scholarship there?
  • Road DoggRoad Dogg Smell My Face!!! ✭✭✭
    No thanks! :D
  • mark_markmark_mark MAXICARE APPLYT 09178046275 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by mark_mark:
    Paano 'pag may offer sa iyo sa Harvard? Iyon sya may scholarship na. Iiwan mo ba skol mo and your family and friends for the sake of studying in a prestigious university.

i checked it on the internet, meron daw.
  • tr|n|tytr|n|ty the queen bee PExer
    there are different ways to get a scholarship in harvard or any other school abroad. You basically have to look through the financial aid portion of the school's application form. There are not a lot of scholarships for international students on the undergraduate level but there quite a number of offers for graduate level.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma ✭✭
    Sure why not??? It's the opportunity of a lifetime! I wanted to apply kaso the standards are very rigid and moolah-wise it costs $20,000.00++ to study there per year.

I have an application form for Harvard Law and Harvard Graduate School. There are many ways to get a scholarship but there's this line in the pamphlet which really gets you down.
    Most students accepted often come from the upper 10% of their respective schools.

If you guys want applications, just fill up the online form and you'll get you application form in about 2-4 weeks. It's free and they also give financial aid to foreigners.

[This message has been edited by Ice Burn (edited 05-02-2000).]
  • LightspeedLightspeed Mr. Optimist PExer
    Why Not?

But I heard it is super competitive. Some of my relatives in California who have very high distinction marks in High School and are their respective classes' valedictorians and salutatorians still failed to get into their first course choice at Harvard. They got accepted in other Ivy League schools, though.
  • MAXMAX Member PExer
    why the hell not?! u've lived with them your whole life, it's about time to go on to living ur life on your own, though it wld be a really big challenge. why let this oppurtunity pass? you may not come across it again...ever! smokin.gif take the risk, it will pay off in the future...u'l have d edge...
  • LaUnion1LaUnion1 Member PExer
    I would like to go 'cause it's so perstigeous. But I don't think that it would be worth the effort. Most people there are big snobs that look down on the normal college students. The tuition is HUGE. And a degree from any other college is just as good as Harvard's.
  • MAXMAX Member PExer
    why the hell not? you've got the scholarship, don't let this oppurtunity pass you by. besides, all your sacrifices will surely pay off when you graduate! smokin.gif
  • dantedawgdantedawg Member PExer
    why not take it? harvard is one of the best!!
    i came from updil. pero di ko tinapos kasi mas ok dito sa states eh. pero kung wala akong sports scholarship, can't afford yan. buti na lang full ride ako pero kung wala, bayad ka ng 20000$ a year. what more sa harvard?!! siguro sa harvard double or triple dito sa school ko. pero division I ncaa school pa rin ito . :)
    Originally posted by acridmouth:
    Of course. Harvard yun eh.

Anyways, how do you get scholarship there?

andiyan yata sa site nila.

• gwapinggwaping Member PExer
    It has been a long-standing desire of mine (and I guess of many students) to study in such a prestigious school. It would be nice to be in a school that has a solid academic reputation and high standards. If the scholarship is offered, then why not? Having a scholarship from Harvard would definitely rocket your marketability when you begin your jobhunting expedition. Top three choices, by the way: Harvard, Yale, Stanford! 'La lang.
  • Free AgentFree Agent Member PExer
    dantedawg:

Ano sport mo?
  • [alco][alco] Registered User PExer
    for my course, hindi harvard yung considered top university...so, i guess, not interested in harvard here...
    m.i.t.! wish i could study there (graduate school? hehe) sometime in the future.

:) ;) :) ;) :)
  • ShadesShades Member PExer
    Balita ko hanggang 50%/75% scholarship lang daw ang ino-offer ng harvard..

• SurreyWiltshireSurreyWiltshire Banned by Admin PExer
    I prefer Oxford or Cambridge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file