Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The Rebel Billionaire on Studio 23

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
NO SPOILERS PLEASE

tuesdays 7:30pm

Hey guys, sino nakapanood ng premire episode nito?

Grabe nakakaba ang mga challenges!

Did I hear it right the winner will be the PRESIDENT OF VIRGIN CO.? :wow:

Comments

• i believe its one of the Virgin Companies.

THE REBEL BILLIONAIRE: BRANSON'S QUEST FOR THE BEST
    Sir Richard Branson, the colorful founder and Chairman of the Virgin Group of Companies, will lead a group of young entrepreneurs on an epic journey around the world in the new unscripted drama THE REBEL BILLIONAIRE: BRANSON'S QUEST FOR THE BEST.

A self-made billionaire known for risk-taking, both personally and professionally, Branson will whisk 16 of America's best and brightest on the adventure of a lifetime. They will jet to international destinations and relive some of his personal experiences, tackling the types of dilemmas that help shape future billionaires. If they make decisions that impress Branson, they will continue onward. If not, each week, one candidate will be left behind on the tarmac as the rest of the group jets off to the next adventure.

Branson, one of Britain's best-known entrepreneurs, combines his enthusiasm for running the Virgin Group of Companies with his love for high-risk, high-adventure, world record-breaking attempts.

After founding the hugely successful Virgin Records music label in the 1970s, Branson expanded the Virgin name into "Megastore" retailing, book and software publishing, film and video editing, clubs, travel, hotels, cinemas, financial services, telecommunications, and rail and air transportation.

In 1984 Branson formed Virgin Atlantic Airways and in the last two decades has grown the airline into Britain's second-largest carrier. To promote the Virgin Atlantic name, Branson became involved in a number of high-publicity, record-breaking attempts throughout the 1980s and '90s. In 1986, his boat Virgin Atlantic Challenger II crossed the Atlantic Ocean in the fastest-ever recorded time. A year later he flew the Virgin Atlantic Flyer balloon – the largest ever built – across the Atlantic.

In 1991 Branson's balloon crossed the Pacific from Japan to Canada, breaking all existing records, and he followed that with a number of attempts to circumnavigate the entire world. These were thwarted by bad weather and in 1999 a Swiss team became the first to complete the trip. In 2002 Steve Fossett (Branson's partner for the earlier Virgin Global Challenger balloon project and now the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer) became the first person to complete a solo circumnavigation of the globe by balloon. Now the pair are reunited to attempt another great aviation first: a solo, non-stop flight around the world in less than 80 hours.

Branson received a knighthood for his services to entrepreneurship in 1999. He lives with his wife, Lady Joan Branson, and their two children, Holly and Sam, in London and Oxfordshire, UK.
  • markpaulmarkpaul PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I love this show!!!!
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    nakakatakot yung mag challenges na pinapagaw ni branson but i like him better than trump
  • he uses his money very well. very adventurous sya. ok yung space flight nila. gustong gusto ko yun eh. almost $70000 ata kung gusto mong ma try yung weightlessness. ok rin yung kay trump, may natutunan ako pero masyadong mukhang pera. lagi na lang "money...money...money...mooonneeeyyy"
  • "some people... get to have it... good thing good thing... blah blah.." something like that. LOL. i just finished the song orangef1 started.

I LOVE BRANSON. <3 cute nung cameo nya sa around the world in 80 days and sa friends... :D share ko lang. ;)
    Promote ko lang ulit

7:30pm tonight on studio 23
  • Caught the episode last night. The audio was a bit shot, I don't know if it's a problem with the episode itself or because of my cable provider.

With Trump's show on a tailspin because of a severe lack of intelligence among it's contestants, I hope this does better.

I like the scope of the challenges. But I wish they'd devote more time to the "business" challenges rather than the "elimination" challenges.

I know Branson gets a lot of kicks from stunts like those so I guess if you're looking for someone to run one of your companies, he/she has to have a deathwish too.

But I just wish they'd focus more on the 'business' challenges and on how the contestants plan, delegate etc...

After all, doing all those stunts isn't going to make you the next Branson, Iacocca or Tisch, right?
  • It sort of combines all the other reality tv shows into one crazy amalgamation. I like it. Richard Branson looks to be a better fit for TV than the toupeed one.
    toupeed one
    :lol:

i likw the show's challenges, excitng
    promote ulit

tonight on studio 23

7:30pm
  • I like Branson! :D la lang.

I hate Jermaine!
  • the show's promising pero yung background music mas malakas pa sa boses ng mga casts, hirap intindihin mga sinasabi nila... parang me problema sila sa audio, kailangan nakafull-volume tv mo...
  • newsbit:

You thought feuds between rappers got serious -- according to U.S. News and World Report, "When Superman returns to theaters next year, the superhero won't be saving only Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. The Man of Steel will also reportedly be lending a helping hand to British billionaire Richard Branson, head of the Virgin Group travel, media, and communications conglomerate. In one sequence, apparently, archvillain Lex Luthor attempts to shoot down Branson in his space plane, only to be thwarted at the last moment by the big, blue boy scout."
  • this show ended last winter here in the US. but yes, this was a good one. people here were dissing it because of the first episode where Richard Branson mimicked Donald Trump, which is a pretty shallow reason to hate the show. but as i've said, this is a good one. you'll enjoy the challenges though they're all daredevilish. :)
    LAST NIGHT they did a publicity challenge
  • IN si Shawn, diba? :)
    finale tonight!