Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

CBS New Reality Shows

Competition ends as CBS alters reality

LOS ANGELES - One show reconnects long-lost family members. Another offers participants a glimpse at how their lives might have changed under different circumstances. And another lets viewers peak behind the scenes of a Midwestern restaurant.

They're all part of the latest crop of reality concepts under development at CBS, and they mark a new direction in unscripted programming at the network.

To date, the biggest "reality TV" successes at CBS have come from such competition-based shows as "Survivor," "The Amazing Race" and "Big Brother."

In the past year, ABC has paved the way for softer, noncompetitive reality series with such hits as "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and "Wife Swap."

Hosted by Melissa Gilbert, "Reunion" chronicles the journeys of people trying to track down family members with whom they have lost contact.

"Crossroads" explores the "what ifs" of life, enlisting experts to place participants in an "alternative reality" by giving them a chance to face what their lives would have been like if a different choice had been made by them or for them earlier on.

"Shenanigans" chronicles the daily goings-on at a restaurant of the Shenanigans chain, where some of the employees are improved actors.

Reunion is similar to Lukso ng Dugo of ABS-CBN. Sino may sabing di kayang maging original ng Pinoy?! Gusto ko yung lukso ng dugo, kakaiyak, kaya lang pang one-season lang eh... sayang!

Comments

• inis wrote:
    Hosted by Melissa Gilbert, "Reunion" chronicles the journeys of people trying to track down family members with whom they have lost contact.
    I just hope that this "Reunion" show does not end up like FOX's "Who's my Daddy". Anybody watched that? Not me, but I've heard it was a disaster.