Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

Beware Of Friendster!

A friend told me about this, and I'd like to pass it on. This concerns mainly girls and women, but you guys had better take notice too.

Beware of people you don't know sending you friend requests on Friendster!!! There are people who have fake accounts on Friendster and use them to "befriend" people they find attractive and sexy. :eyecrazy:

This was my friend's experience. She approved a request from this company although she was not acquainted with their services or even heard of them before.
Under their profile, they put "female" and "single", and that they were looking for activity partners.
When she looked at the profile more closely, she found out that under "schools", the person put down the name of an all-boys' high school. And there were no pictures of the person, just the company's logo and some of their products. Kind of fishy, right? What's more, she noticed that nearly all the people in the friends list of this company were girls and women. She suspected that this company must be using their account to search for women they found attractive. They send the request, and when it's approved, they can look at those ladies' profiles to their heart's content.

This freaked her out and she began to warn her other friends. Whoever's behind that account must get a lot of kicks from looking at girls. I think their logic is that if they displayed the photos of whoever owns that account, those ladies wouldn't approve their requests. So they put a company's name there instead. This gives them the perfect cover.

Friendster's done a lot to keep people in touch, but you know human nature. We all have a stalker inside us. And Friendster's become the ultimate stalker machine. So please, unless you want some weird pervert looking at your profile and pictures and using them for whatever purpose, change your account settings so that only your real friends can view your profile. Don't give those sick people what will make them happy! And most importantly, do not approve a request from someone you don't know! :no:

PLEASE PASS ON! POST THIS ON YOUR FRIENDSTER BULLETIN BOARDS! AND TELL YOUR OWN FRIENDS! thanks!

Comments

• Beware of people you don't know sending you friend requests on Friendster!!! There are people who have fake accounts on Friendster and use them to "befriend" people they find attractive and sexy. :eyecrazy:

So what's the problem?
    Whoever's behind that account must get a lot of kicks from looking at girls.

So do I. What's the problem?
    I think their logic is that if they displayed the photos of whoever owns that account, those ladies wouldn't approve their requests. So they put a company's name there instead. This gives them the perfect cover.
    This was my friend's experience. She approved a request from this company although she was not acquainted with their services or even heard of them before.

Aah, so here's the problem. Yung friend mo pala nag-accept ng invitation from someone she does not know e. E tapos, mafi-freak out siya. Kung kinakabahan siya na may mag-stalk, why accept invitations from strangers? Don't make this thing sound like it's a creepy thing and full of criminal elements. It's your friend's decision that led to her predicament.

LESSON: Don't accept invitations from strangers if you'll freak out, or if you did, cut them off right away.
  • but she can always delete that user's account from her friends' list, ryt? so, why not delete it na if she's so freaked out?

:)
  • huh? what's the big deal? so what kung in-add at binasa ang profile? kaya nga andun ang profile para basahin... overreacting naman yang friend mo...sheez...
  • isa pa..it's her option naman kung gusto niang maging available yung profile nia sa public dba? ...*just thinking out loud*
  • Over-acting... Sheesh. Two words -- PRESS DELETE.
  • Tama, you could just delete that account. Ano ba ang purpose ng friendster? Di siguro masyadong friendly yung kaibigan mo.