Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

favorite anime movie

sanctuariussanctuarius PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
what's your favorite anime movie? yung hindi series ah. i'm not an anime person per se but i want to be so i want to start with watching anime movies. i've seen the likes of ghost in the shell, mononoke, blood: the last vampire, etc. and they're good, to say the least. so what other anime movie titles can you recommend me? thanks! :)

Comments

• grab any of the hayao miyazaki films. spirited away, totoro, laputa, kiki's delivery service, porco rosso. all are good. you've watched mononoke, you'll probably love these too.

personally, aside from the hayao miyazaki films i've watched, i also liked the escaflowne movie. it's basically a retelling of the entire series. also metropolis. medyo na-bore ako on some parts but the ending really blew it away. ah, isa pa, cowboy bebop: knockin' on heaven's door. totally love that too.

ayan yung mga pumapasok sa isip ko ngayon. isip pa ako iba.
  • What do you mean by hindi series? As in bawal ang Ranma or DBZ movies?

My personal fave was Ranma 1/2: Nihao My Concubine...but if it's not from a series...

1. Street Fighter II Animated Movie
    2. Ninja Scroll
    3. Wicked City <-- medyo may pagka-hentai 'to. Warning lang...
    4. Macross Plus - there's a movie that summarizes the 4 OAV's...
    5. Daimos - there's a movie that sums up the long series in 2 hours!
  • Spirited Away (ganda ng animation pati ng story) & Ninja Scroll (grabe ang action dinaig pati si Kenshin)
  • sanctuariussanctuarius PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    thanks sa mga nagreply! :) ung hindi series meaning, you can watch it for 2 or so hours lang. so spirited away pala okay. meron ba nitong mga to sa 2rats? :)
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. Akira <--- still the best anime movie
    2. Practically any film by Studio Ghibli (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Laputa: The Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yesterday, Pom Poko, The Cat Returns, Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro, On Your Mark [Music film]) ...still have a few more I want see.
    3. Ghost in the Shell
    4. Appleseed 2004 - best CG anime I've seen
    5. Macross Plus (Movie Version)
    6. Ninja Scroll
    7. Wings of Honneamise - old school but good
  • DKLDKL PExer
    What do you mean by hindi series? As in bawal ang Ranma or DBZ movies?

My personal fave was Ranma 1/2: Nihao My Concubine...but if it's not from a series...

1. Street Fighter II Animated Movie
    2. Ninja Scroll
    3. Wicked City <-- medyo may pagka-hentai 'to. Warning lang...
    4. Macross Plus - there's a movie that summarizes the 4 OAV's...
    5. Daimos - there's a movie that sums up the long series in 2 hours!
    Wicked City is by Yoshiaki Kawajiri right? Man, I'm really into his style right now *after seeing X-TV*

Anyway, my favorite movies are...

-Spirited Away
    -Millenium Actress
    -Perfect Blue
    -and then some... can't think of anything else right now
  • sadly, I haven't seen that much of anime movies... :(

may isang pinalabas nung January sa animax.. Angel Sanctuary...movie yun di ba? pero parang di tapos story... ang gulo nga eh kasi bitin! anyway, maganda yung story niya.. :)
  • I will definitely recommend SPIRITED AWAY and PRINCESS MONONAKE...

Mayroon ding mga anime series na ginawan ng movie tulad ng NARUTO, DBZ, YUYU HAKUSHO and TENCHI MUYO...

IYon lang po... hehehehe
  • niceplayniceplay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ah,, ah my goddess, Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evanlion, Endless waltz, Ninja Scroll, Ranma Movies
  • tama, maganda rin ang Oh my Goddess... pero ang Ninja Scroll? ewan ko... di ko lang siguro gusto ang animation.
  • may mga anime din na hindi series, na pinalabas sa Local Tv.
    -Jewel Bem Lime Hunter (GMA7)
    -Gunsmith Cats (GMA7)
    -Saber Marionette R (GMA7)
    -Hyper Speed Gran Doll (GMA7)
    -Petshop of Horror (GMA7)
    -Ghost in the Shell (GMA7)
    tsaka yung mga pinalabas sa Animefest ewan ko kung movie yung mga yan pero mga short series lang ata mga yan 2 episodes.

Meron ngayon bagong labas sa fansub ewan ko kung movie yun Beyond the Clouds ang title.
  • DKLDKL PExer
    la_flash wrote:
    tama, maganda rin ang Oh my Goddess... pero ang Ninja Scroll? ewan ko... di ko lang siguro gusto ang animation.
    The animation was AWESOME in that movie, beautifully smooth and detailed action sequences...

in any event, the movie was pretty *extremely* violent though, I was watching SAMURAI CHAMPLOO at a friends house and then his dad was all:

"Did you enjoy that rubbish?" :rolleyes:

violence aside, it's best when the movie actually as something underneath

but then the days of high budget violence flicks are pretty much over, I'm hoping Kawajiri will make something along the lines of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust *Which is sort of not the best word to describe the movie* next time

oh yeah, has anyone seen GHOST IN THE SHELL 2 yet? I would've, but I can't get an original copy
  • Grave of The Fireflies
    Spirited Away
    Only Yesterday
    Jin Roh
  • sanctuariussanctuarius PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hello guys, i've just seen spirited away last nite and it was so-so for me. i would say that mononoke is still way better than qianxun's adventures :) i'll be watching ninja scroll tonite :D
  • DKLDKL PExer
    Try Kiki's Delivery Service, it's pretty cool *but disneys DVD isn't :( *

oh yeah, how was GHOST IN THE SHELL on GMA 7?

were they able to conduct the intelligence of the film properly *I'd assume yes, since a lot simpler than the manga and stand alone complex*

... Stand Alone Complex would be pretty cool for filipino TV
  • Look at my user name... :)

Hayao Miyazaki films are so good..........Spirited Away is really the best.....It had some of the best themes i've ever heard....BUY SPIRITED AWAY AND PRINCESS MONONOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:)
  • Ninja Scroll, loved its action-filled plot.
  • Inuyasha movies 1-3... :naughty:
  • Spirited Away, Ghost in the Shell, Grave of the Fireflies (lalo na 'to), Ah! My Goddess the Movie, Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Romantan, Laputa: Castle in the Sky. Teka, kelan lalabas yung Howl's Floating Castle?
  • narasaki04 wrote:
    may mga anime din na hindi series, na pinalabas sa Local Tv.
    -Jewel Bem Lime Hunter (GMA7)
    -Gunsmith Cats (GMA7)
    -Saber Marionette R (GMA7)
    -Hyper Speed Gran Doll (GMA7)
    -Petshop of Horror (GMA7)
    -Ghost in the Shell (GMA7)
    tsaka yung mga pinalabas sa Animefest ewan ko kung movie yung mga yan pero mga short series lang ata mga yan 2 episodes.

Right on. All of these, except for Ghost in the Shell, are OAVs.