Home PEx Campus De La Salle University

De La Salle University Law School

Just read from The Lasallian that La Salle is planning to open up a law school. Any comments?

Comments

• BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    E D MASAYA...puwede na akong mag law sa isang lasallian school ulit!!! ayaw ko sa iba!!!
  • wow!! Good news yan ha! Pero siyempre it will take some time pa to develop into a really good one...saan campus naman siya ilalagay?
  • Guys, they're just thinking about it.

It's really not definite yet, although it would be a great idea.

The problems of good faculty members, the place, and finances are all taken into consideration.

But it's nice to know they're thinking about it.
  • eto na lng...doi!...lasalle law?...lyk...yuck!
  • as long as my mag-eenrol eh di ituloy....why not? As long as its offer a high standard of education, I think its' a great idea. (siguraduhin lang na may papasa sa bar after 4yrs) ;)
  • LOL @ Jack!

My sister said that students from State U are really stuck up. ;)

In other words, MAYABANG.

Don't worry. She graduated from there.

;)
  • That would be a very good idea but I think its difficult to get a "GO" signal from the Supreme Court considering that a number of law schools in the Philippines are being monitored as to annual percentage passers.
  • Naku...maganda sana yan pero DLSU should think twice. They'll go head to head with two of the country's best law schools - UP COLLEGE OF LAW AND ATENEO LAW SCHOOL.
  • Calling all DLSU officials! Just a suggestion....Dont u think La Salle needs to come up with a Law school??? We already hav a medical school, so isnt it high time for La Salle to have a Law School? I hope this dream of mine becomes a reality in the next few years.

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!
  • archerguyarcherguy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It was written in our paper last year that La Salle had considered the possibility of setting up a law school, but didn't continue because of other concerns that needed more priority. Some Legal Management majors were petitioning the admin for it. I guess it will take a long time before this will materialize.
  • I think this is a great idea! A lot of good laywers had their beginnings in DLSU for their undergraduate studies. If this happens, I would be the first one to feel good and bad. Good, because it is also one of my dreams that have finally materialized. Bad, because I never had the chance to take this course in La Salle! I know that a lot of La Sallian lawyers would not hesitate to even teach and form this Law School!!! :o)
  • mark_markmark_mark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    that is good news! sa ateneo rin, i heard na may plan daw ang administration na magset up ng med school using that lot sa meralco na nabili na raw. they are going to call it Medical City daw. ewan ko va rumor pa naman siya. si pa alaga ako sure.
  • maraming dapat na i-take into consideration in setting up a law school, two of which are the financial and physical concerns. i have no problem with la salle having its own law school. i like the idea. :):):) sana nga lang, maimprove muna nila yung pagiging competitive ng med school natin. yeah, i know it's improving every year. i just hope na by the time na magkaroon ng law school, all is well na sa med school.
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Sorry, this is off-topic:
    Originally posted by mark_mark:
    that is good news! sa ateneo rin, i heard na may plan daw ang administration na magset up ng med school using that lot sa meralco na nabili na raw. they are going to call it Medical City daw. ewan ko va rumor pa naman siya. si pa alaga ako sure.

It's not a rumor. The Lopezes of ABS-CBN bought into The Medical City (it's an existing tertiary hospital with excellent, up-to-date facilities), and they infused around $3 billion to expand TMC from a 4 storey hospital to a 12-storey one to compete with the existing high-tech hospitals. They then decided to open up a medical school and "donated" the school to Ateneo de Manila. They're already building the hospital, and it plans to start accepting medical school applicants in 2005.
  • mark_markmark_mark PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hey, that is an improvement. sana nga matuloy!
  • Yup! I do believe that DLSU should consider having a course on law in our university. DLSU is now the top university in our country so they might as well continue on improving the unversity's standard by coming up with such course. bop.gifbop.gif
  • The fact that DLSU-Manila is the No. 2 Philippine University and also the No. 1 Philippine PRIVATE University EVEN WITHOUT A LAW SCHOOL proves that not having one is not a liability.

Besides there a lots of LAW SCHOOLS already & even the Recto universities have LAW SCHOOLS.

However it would NOT be an impossibility for DLSU-Manila to have one too. Perhaps in the coming years.

To think that DLSU already has a COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND a state-of-the-art 10-storey MEDICAL CENTER in its vast DLSU-Health Sciences Campus in Dasmarinas, Cavite since 1987.

Animo La Salle!

[This message has been edited by rqgepilanno75 (edited 08-04-2000).]
  • Originally posted by Ira:
    Sorry, this is off-topic:

It's not a rumor. The Lopezes of ABS-CBN bought into The Medical City (it's an existing tertiary hospital with excellent, up-to-date facilities), and they infused around $3 billion to expand TMC from a 4 storey hospital to a 12-storey one to compete with the existing high-tech hospitals. They then decided to open up a medical school and "donated" the school to Ateneo de Manila. They're already building the hospital, and it plans to start accepting medical school applicants in 2005.

$3 billion ? that's a lot of money (around P120 billion. 9 zeros after 120). sigurado ka?

In contrast, MERALCO's operating revenues for the 2nd quarter of 2000 is only P25.4 billion (P88.5 billion for the whole year of 1999). So, Ira, $3 billion is really a lot of money.
    see http://meralco.com.ph/ look for the financial report link

[This message has been edited by rao (edited 08-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by rao (edited 08-05-2000).]
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    Oops, my bad. :) It's PhP3-5 billion. I can't remember how much it was. I already saw the hospital's architectural plans, though. Very beautiful and high-tech. :)