Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

Is it ok to still be single at 40 and above?

A couple of years from now, I will turn 40. And I am still single!!! What do you think? Makakahanap pa kaya ako? Many girls are turned off with guys that may already be in their "father's age." What if some people decide to become "single blessedness"? Will that pose a problem? Singles and nearing 40 and above out there, come to this thread and post your replies. Who knows, baka dito nyo na makita hinahanap nyo. :):):)

Comments

• being single is ok. the most painful thing is you are already 40 and you haven't accomplished a single thing.

:)
  • kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    absolutely not ok. i wouldnt want to be 40 and still single. if you chose it... fine. pero for me... it's so not okay.
  • it's a person's choice, really. if she's happy and contented and enjoying every minute of single blessedness, then that's what's essential
  • If you can take it, why not?
  • Darating din tayo dun sa point na we look back and ask ourselves, why didn't I do that? or what happened if I said yes to him/her when he/she asked for a commitment? will my life become fruitful or end up in misery.
    I have two aunts from both parents who decided to become single blessed women. It was their decision because they both want to serve their mothers (my grandlolas). But one of my aunt keeps on insisting that I should get married and not end up like her even though she's living a very good life. I dunno. Depende siguro sa situation. :)
  • being single is ok. the most painful thing is you are already 40 and you haven't accomplished a single thing.

:)
    That's a very nice thing to say. Natumbok mo tol. Even if you're single but you've accomplished more than what most haven't done in their entire lifetime, then you are better off. :)
  • kreuk wrote:
    absolutely not ok. i wouldnt want to be 40 and still single. if you chose it... fine. pero for me... it's so not okay.

i think there are people who can accept that single blessedness is their fate. the people who find joy in other things. on the other hand, there are people who cannot see themselves aging alone.

to each his own di ba? :)
  • It's Ok, but it sucks!
  • when i reached 30 i thought magiging old maid na ako kaya i accepted the fact na cguro un ang gusto ng Panginoon para sa akin. naisip ko na nga rin na ako mag-aalaga sa magulang ko, na panay trabaho na lang ako at wala ng dadating na right guy para sa akin. dumating pa nga sa point na sobrang na-depress ako nun thinking na di na ako makakapag-asawa! pero un nga nagdasal ako na kung un ang gusto ni Lord para sa akin i will accept it. Pero marunong talaga si Lord kc he provided a wonderful man para ma-meet ko at un na nga ang napangasawa ko! we've been together for 2 years now at 3 months na kaming kasal. i guess you just have to trust the Lord with your life kc sya ang nakakaalam kung ano makakabuti para syo. nagtataka lang ako bakit umabot ka ng ganyang age na walang commitment kahit kanino? didn'd you had a serious relationship before? muntik ka na bang magpakasal? kc bihira sa lalake ung umaabot ng ganyang edad na single pa kung babae pa madami cguro. anyway sasagutin ko na pala ang tanong mo na kung ok lang maging single at 40 i guess ok lang kung by choice talaga yan pero kung hindi cguro naman may paraan pa para maka-meet ka ng ladies out there. like sa mga chatrooms meron dyan mga kasing age mo na single pa why dont you try it. being single is ok but being married is much better, imo lang po!
  • im in my early 20s pero Im getting scared of the thought of living and aging alone. ewan ko, I prefer having a family. this is one of my big time fears. I have a friend, she's 50 something na, it was her decision to be an old maid, she was helping her family kasi nun, the only regret she is having now, is that she does not have a child.. ok lang daw walang asawa kahit baby na lang and I feel for her.
  • being single is okay but i wouldn't want to grow old alone. it is in the back of my mind though. anyway, i think its not in the age anyway. the important thing is to find someone your willing to spend your life with no matter what age he/she is. any other reason to get married would be a mistake i believe.

in any case, you can always look up to Madame Auring for inspiration if ever you get too depressed about being 40. hahaha....
  • in any case, you can always look up to Madame Auring for inspiration if ever you get too depressed about being 40. hahaha....

ooooooooooomygoodness! parang lalo yata akong nadepress! madam auring is the go-to person for being a happy singleton?

waaaaaah! nooooooooo! :depressed:
  • im 36, still single, and happy. i have a good nice paying job, i travel abroad 2 x a year. i go out with my friends on weekends. sarap buhay. it's a choice. can't see myself sharing a bed every night (once in while, pwede hehe).

if your comfortable and hindi ka insecure na tatanda ka alone, it's fine being single. ang masama, getting married juz coz takot kang tumandang mag-isa.
  • yellowsuzi wrote:
    im 36, still single, and happy. i have a good nice paying job, i travel abroad 2 x a year. i go out with my friends on weekends. sarap buhay. it's a choice. can't see myself sharing a bed every night (once in while, pwede hehe).

if your comfortable and hindi ka insecure na tatanda ka alone, it's fine being single. ang masama, getting married juz coz takot kang tumandang mag-isa.

i agree! goooooooo singletons!
  • jomanila: if you're ok with it then you have my support. :)
  • ok lang po yan...don't lost hope! maybe God has a different plan for you.
  • yellowsuzi wrote:
    im 36, still single, and happy. i have a good nice paying job, i travel abroad 2 x a year. i go out with my friends on weekends. sarap buhay. it's a choice. can't see myself sharing a bed every night (once in while, pwede hehe).

That's very well said yellow. :) I'm not insecured of getting old alone. In fact I don't want to get into a relationship dahil lang sa I'm afraid.

Actually, siguro naman yung mga lolo at lola natin di naman sila sabay na namamatay diba? There will come a time that someone will die ahead of the other. Sooner or later, magiging alone din tayo. I have grandparents sa cousin, they're so much in love with each other. When my lolo died of cancer, my lola was still very strong. But all of a sudden, nawalan ng gana yung lola ko so she followed him after two months.

I'm already in my late 30's pero me lola pa akong buhay sa father's side. Her husband (my lolo) died during the late 80's pa pero my lola simply lived on until now and at 94, we're still blessed by her.

Off topic, pwede malaman more about you, ms yellow? (that is if my guess is right that you're a female) :)
  • cay_chu wrote:
    ok lang po yan...don't lost hope! maybe God has a different plan for you.
    Hope springs eternal. :)
  • Parang wala atang nagbabasa nitong thread na ito. Most likely very few talaga ang mga pexers na above 30 and still single. :)
  • funzenfunzen PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    jomanila wrote:
    A couple of years from now, I will turn 40. And I am still single!!! What do you think? Makakahanap pa kaya ako? Many girls are turned off with guys that may already be in their "father's age." What if some people decide to become "single blessedness"? Will that pose a problem? Singles and nearing 40 and above out there, come to this thread and post your replies. Who knows, baka dito nyo na makita hinahanap nyo. :):):)

benta kita sa dating manager ko.. she's 32.. me finder's fee na nga kme e.. ehehe.. :P

she's fine being alone, i think.. i guess guys are initimidated by her since she's too successful.. oh well, as long as she's happy..