Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Question to hardcore comic book readers

I'm sure most or you guys are familiar with the comic book shop that has aleady closed won in Katipunan (CCHQ).

What I like about the shop is their systematic way of getting orders.

For example, if you want to order a certain hardcover, all you need to do is to look at their checklist from diamondcomics. If it's there, order it, and your copy will arrive soon. Simple as that.

I don't think Comic Quest and Filbars have this option.

Do you know a comic book shop in Metro Manila that offers a similar service?

Comments

• meliemelie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Wait, CCHQ already closed shop? I saw that the shop isn't there anymore, I thought they were just renovating?
  • Yup. They're closed na.
  • i've a colleague who manages a comic shop near lasalle. its called strangehaven ata. he takes orders from his clients and has them shipped from the US. i'll ask first if i can give his number. please PM me if you interested.
  • Guile wrote:
    I'm sure most or you guys are familiar with the comic book shop that has aleady closed won in Katipunan (CCHQ).

What I like about the shop is their systematic way of getting orders.

For example, if you want to order a certain hardcover, all you need to do is to look at their checklist from diamondcomics. If it's there, order it, and your copy will arrive soon. Simple as that.

I don't think Comic Quest and Filbars have this option.

Do you know a comic book shop in Metro Manila that offers a similar service?

Actually you can also order comics from Comic Quest and Filbars (I think since I'm more familiar with the former more than the latter). But for Filbars I think you have to make a downpayment. For Comic Quest they also follow a similar system from CCHQ (the owner goes through Previews magazine and places his orders there). The only real difference is the fact that CCHQ has an issue of Previews lying around, ready for public viewing.

On a side note, you can also check out http://comicquest.blogspot.com for news on what's arriving within the week (I usually update the site on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at the latest).

You can also order comics from independent bookstores like Booktopia and A Different Bookstore. There's also a new Comic Shop in the South, which is called Druid's Keep.
  • melie wrote:
    Wait, CCHQ already closed shop? I saw that the shop isn't there anymore, I thought they were just renovating?

They closed because their lease expired last January and they decided not to renew it anymore.
  • Yung Previews kasi, puro upcoming materials dun.

What if I want TPBs na ilang months or years na since it was last published?
  • Here's what I got from the manager at Comic Quest Mega Mall. There are three ways for you to order:

1) Give them a list; they'll contact you at a later time to what they can acquire and what they can't. If you push through with your orders, you'll have to make a downpayment.

2) Check their list. Comic Quest has a list of titles you can order from them. Again, make a downpayment (there's a reason why CCHQ eventually had to require customers to make downpayment on their reservations). This list will most likely contain hardcovers and trades, and a few toys. If you're looking for single issues, unless they're fairly recent, you're out of luck (and not even CCHQ could offer singles released way way back).

3) Check previews. As Guile pointed out, this is more for upcoming titles than back issues. Again, make a downpayment.