Home PEx Hobbies Music Fans

Regine Velasquez - The Diva Meter Reignes (part. II)

To all Regine fans, this is our new thread.

Comments

• grabe, naka-5,000 posts na pala tayo, ang galing, sana lang walang maligaw na basher tulad ni champaca
  • Nakita ko lang sa site ni Trina Belamide kung anu-anong kanta ang ginawa niya para kay Regine.

REASON ENOUGH
    YOU’VE MADE ME STRONGER
    FAST
    WAIT AND SEE - lyrics only/English adapatation of Japanese song
    NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO - lyrics only/English adapatation of Japanese song
    WHENEVER WE SAY GOODBYE
    REMEMBER THIS CHRISTMAS
    SABIHIN MO LANG (from the movie soundtrack of “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw”)
    KALIGAYAHAN (from the movie soundtrack of “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw”)
    IT DOESN’T GET BETTER THAN THIS
    TAYONG DALAWA
    I KNOW YOU BY HEART (unreleased) Kailan kaya ito isasama ni Regz sa album niya at meron bang nakarinig na isa sa inyo kung sakaling nakanta na ni Regine ito kung saan? :)
  • MEYET

Eto nabasa ko sa site mo yung sinasabi kong nabasa ko sa isang article na may binabanggit si Trina Belamide na may part ng vocals sa kantang AKO NA sa PAGBABAGO album na mababa. Mas mababa lang pala ng one octave kaysa sa melody line yung sinasabi ni Trina na na-hit ni Regine. :) Gaano ba kababa yung melody line ng AKO NA? :)

Eto yung article galing sa site mo REGINEMULTIMEDIA.COM

A Little Story on Regine’s “AKO NA” for the album “Pagbabago

After having completed most of the songs in the Pagbabago album, I noticed that there wasn’t a really upbeat song, and I wanted to do a sort of techno one with testimonials from good citizens about taking an active role, something that would empower people to do something for the country, something a bit more hard sell perhaps, and I wanted to call the song “Ako Na” which has a double meaning: “ako na” as in “let me be the one to take charge” and “ako na” as in “it’s my turn now to do things, my time has come”. I could think of only one person to sing this song and it was Regine. I told myself “kailangan talaga kasama si Regine sa album na ‘to” because, well… she’s Regine! She’s one of the most influential people in the country today, and also one of the biggest celebrities the youth idolizes. I wondered if I could get her for the album. I just decided to try my best. I just had to.

I tagged along with Mr. C (Ryan Cayabyab) during the rehearsals of Regine’s concert at the National Museum, for the benefit of ABS-CBN’s Bantay Bata, One Night With Regine, with the SMPO and I was hoping I could get to chat with Regine. Fortunately for me, Reg actually called me to join her at the steps of the museum, coz they weren’t rehearsing that much yet, so Reg and I just chatted for a bit. I told her about the whole pagbabago project, told her which artists are included and she said she was willing to help us out, basta lang okay sa Viva. That was it. After I got clearance from Boss Vic himself, I followed up with Patty M. to set a schedule for recording. I didn’t even get to give Reg a study tape, because having worked with her before, I knew how good she was, so she didn’t need a study tape anyway. I could just teach her the song in the recording studio.

I totally appreciated how Reg went out of her way for this recording. First, sa the recording was going to be in Makati. I would have understood it if someone of her stature requests to have the recording in QC instead so it will be a lot more near her place. But she made no such demands. And I also found out that same day that she had come all the way from Bulacan just to record the song, and it just so happens that she didn’t have any schedules that day but our recording. It was so, so nice of her to do that.

Needless to say, she was impressive at work. I just gave her an idea of what the chorus was basically like, sang it a few times, and she just sang it the best way she thought it could sound, including putting in her many vocal tracks. That’s when I realized how huge her vocal range is. The low notes that you hear – the line which is one octave lower than the melody line “pagkakataon ko na” – all of those vocals is Regine’s. Some people thought it was me coz it was low, but it was all Reg.

And I was particularly impressed with her work on the bridge. It was so funny coz I couldn’t decide on a melody for it. I was trying to demonstrate it to Regine and my friend who owned the studio was starting to make fun of me, maybe at how I sounded. “Sige, Trina, kaya mo ‘yan” That was how awful it sounded when I tried to sing it plus the way I explained what I wanted was so vague. Still, it gave Reg an idea of where I wanted her to sing, but that was it. I told her, she could do anything with the bridge and play with it, and let’s see how it comes out, because I had no melody to give her. Well, she walked back into the booth and recorded, and on the first take alone, she came up with a perfect bridge, “Kung ‘di ako, sino pa…” which soared all the way. Wow, I was stunned and even my studio tech, got goose bumps all over! She was SO good. I think we just did one more take to improve on what she had done but that was practically it.

So there you have it – the Songbird isn’t just some overrated singer who just screams and hits high notes. I think she deserves all the success she has now coz she is really, really good, and very kind as well.

"Pagbabago" the album is available online at www.pilipinosuperstore.com Also available in all ODYSSEY brances, Tower Records and Music 1.

Story by: Trina Belamide
  • just for future reference here's the link to our old thread!

Regine Velasquez - The Diva Meter Reignes Part 1
  • unlikelyme wrote:
    Nakita ko lang sa site ni Trina Belamide kung anu-anong kanta ang ginawa niya para kay Regine.

REASON ENOUGH
    YOU’VE MADE ME STRONGER
    FAST
    WAIT AND SEE - lyrics only/English adapatation of Japanese song
    NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO - lyrics only/English adapatation of Japanese song
    WHENEVER WE SAY GOODBYE
    REMEMBER THIS CHRISTMAS
    SABIHIN MO LANG (from the movie soundtrack of “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw”)
    KALIGAYAHAN (from the movie soundtrack of “Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw”)
    IT DOESN’T GET BETTER THAN THIS
    TAYONG DALAWA
    I KNOW YOU BY HEART (unreleased) Kailan kaya ito isasama ni Regz sa album niya at meron bang nakarinig na isa sa inyo kung sakaling nakanta na ni Regine ito kung saan? :)

ohh wow...

wait and see pala is a translation of a japanese song.. ang ganda kasi nung song :)

trina wrote some of my favorite regine songs! *okay*
  • up up up for the diva meter!!!!
  • yeah and you can read my posts!!! very interesting and informative abt the shongbird!!! you will know the true regine!!!

langit ako lupa sya bwhahahahawhahahahahah!!!
  • ayan back na si champaca :wave:
  • wow new thread :lol:
  • up for asia's songbird - the diva meter!
  • :wave:

gusto ko rin yung mga na-compose na songs ni trina.
  • ello ello ello :wave:

isa sa favs ko ung SABIHIN MO LANG! ang tindi!!!
  • ako din!

meron ba kayo mp3 nung tell the world of his love? hehehe.
  • kulit ni regine kanina sa sop. :) sana lang may solo # sya kaso wala. hmp. hehe
  • hi smallville at noodle :glee:

hi sa lahat!
  • up for regine!!!!!
  • bagay sa kanya yung hair nya ngayun... she look younger
  • aba't! Second thread na tayo! Iba talaga ang sikat. :lol:

biyahetayo2_adik.jpg
  • sayang lang yung memories dun sa kabilang thread.. hehe ang saya pa naman dun
  • Nga pala, sabi ng post ni ninang Mel (Mel Del Rosario) sa rvml, tuloy daw yung movie ni Regine and Piolo.
This discussion has been closed.