Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

LF: Pilates/Yoga Classes ???

Hi! I need help :blush2:

I'm looking for Pilates or Yoga classes (hopefully in the Pasig/Marikina/Cainta area). Mostly kasi nakikita ko mga gyms ang nag-o-offer and I have to pay for equipment, sauna, lockers and other things that I have no use for. Kind of a waste of money don't you think, and I don't have money to burn. :smile2skull:

I just want the CLASSES. If you know of a place or someone who offers this, kindly post it here. :) Sige, kahit kasama na siya dun sa gym membership package, as long as the price is reasonable of course :)

Thank you in advance! :naughty2:

Comments

• ang alam ko lang na meron fitness first chaka madarin oriental (hotel) pero di ko lang sure kung hanggang ngayon meron pa.

:)
  • Try keeping an eye out for dance studios, usually they can offer these classes without you having to pay for gym membership fees.

There is dance studio that I go to near my place (New Manila area). Pilates classes cost 1,600 pesos for 10 classes (so that's 160 per session) and kickboxing classes cost 1,300 for 10 sessions. You can choose to combine two classes (take 2 classes) for 2,300 pesos for 10 2-class sessions. Not bad huh? And the classes are pretty consistent, they will even hold class if there is just 2 people there and very flexible as well. They also offer belly dancing, ballroom dancing, and streetdancing. They used to have Latin Aerobics but i don't know what happened to that hehehehe

I've used up my 10 sessions already, I paid for the kickboxing but midway I decided to do a double class with pilates (pilates is right after kickboxing). Although I only paid for my kickboxing classes, they were very accommodating and let me take the pilates session as well. Not bad huh? I'm going to sign up again soon. The instructor is really good, each session is slightly different so that you don't get overuse injuries from doing the same exercises over and over again. Some sessions she would do an intense ab workout for 30mins. Othertime she would concentrate on arms or on legs.
  • Oh, I received a flyer and there's a gym along retiro that offers group classes, they have a wider range of classes. You can just pay for the classes and not for the regular gym. I believe the prices are in the same range as the dance studio I mentioned above.
  • Khriseee..pls give nman d contact info of d dance studio...tnx
  • ako din kriseee... can you give the contact details and where exactly in new manila? thanks=)
  • if you wanna save.. buy nalang the cd version of winsor pilatesthats what i did! para sa house nalang.. tapos you invest sa mat that you use.. pilates mat from nike.... house pa libre pa..anytime... longest work out they have is the advanced body sculpture 45 mins. lang..o di ba???
  • cybernautcybernaut PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    cinabon wrote:
    if you wanna save.. buy nalang the cd version of winsor pilatesthats what i did! para sa house nalang.. tapos you invest sa mat that you use.. pilates mat from nike.... house pa libre pa..anytime... longest work out they have is the advanced body sculpture 45 mins. lang..o di ba???
    true! pero why but and spend thousands when you can just download it :glee: if you have a DSL connection, get the LIMEWIRE software, and search and download for "winsor pilates 20 minute workout". it's a little bit large in size, less than 300 mb. it took more or less 4 hours to download it in a DSL connection. tapos burn mo na sa CDR! ... and instant!... meron ka nang WINSOR PILATES 20 min workout, 3x a week exercise video without spending a single centavo! :up:

buy ka na lang ng mat sa sportshops.

less stressful ang pilates compared to other excercises, so ok to!
  • effective po b tlga?
  • i have the windsor [email protected] first, i was enjoying the work-out @ home. but if ur the type of person who needs motivation & guidance- that u do it the right way, then i suggest U to join a class.

it actually helps u to relax ur mind and body.
  • i do pilates at home, with GAIAM'S AM/PM PILATES. it's on dvd. you might try looking for it at video shops. my mom bought other GAIAM yoga dvds, so they might have the pilates one. :)

masaya nga magpilates sa bahay.
  • How many times a week do you have to do Pilates in order to get the results you want?
  • my pilates teacher said atleast 3 times a week to see the result. its useless doing pilates if ur going once...
  • TravelBugTravelBug PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i do pilates at home, with GAIAM'S AM/PM PILATES. it's on dvd. you might try looking for it at video shops. my mom bought other GAIAM yoga dvds, so they might have the pilates one. :)

masaya nga magpilates sa bahay.
    Where exactly did she get them and for how much? Thanks!
  • Hi, can you give the exact address of the dance studio you mentioned in new manila?
    Thanks!
  • missfiftymissfifty PEx Rookie ⭐
    try BIKRAM YOGA MANILA -- they have 2 branches. 1 in Makati, 1 in Tomas Morato.. super ok dito! instructors are professional and really good.

check out their site for more info.

WWW.bikramyogamanila.com
  • hi cybernaut,pano ba i download yun.wala kasi akoong limeware eh.:)

cybernaut wrote: »
    true! pero why but and spend thousands when you can just download it :glee: if you have a DSL connection, get the LIMEWIRE software, and search and download for "winsor pilates 20 minute workout". it's a little bit large in size, less than 300 mb. it took more or less 4 hours to download it in a DSL connection. tapos burn mo na sa CDR! ... and instant!... meron ka nang WINSOR PILATES 20 min workout, 3x a week exercise video without spending a single centavo! :up:

buy ka na lang ng mat sa sportshops.

less stressful ang pilates compared to other excercises, so ok to!