Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

CA is a wonderful course! Mga naninira read this! CA students please read this!(",

Well, kung la kang natutunan sa course na kinuha mo, it's your responsibility. Maybe you were not listening well or maybe you were not studying your lessons well. Ganun naman lahat, kahit ano pa ang course mo at kahit sa anong school ka pa mapunta... kung la talaga yun motivation sa'yo at la yung EAGERNESS to learn, la ka talagang mapupuntahan. Gnyan din yun nkikita ko sa mga kabatchmate ko ngayon, may iilang lang PAKI at TAMAD, at karamihan naman, sympre kasama na ako dun, may natutunan! Nasa tao talaga yun... It's up to the person whether he or she would excel his or her utmost effort in the degree or course that he or she chooses! So far, based on my experience, I do learn in my course. And as a CA student, i think that it really depends on the work attitude of the person! If ever you would compare the Computer Science course of DLSU-M to the CA course of DLS-CSB, you shouldn't do that. Why? It's because the two courses are totally different! The former focuses merely on the programming and to the development of the computer system per se, whereas in CA, it's half computer course and half business course- it's an integration of the usefulness, employment, development and effectivity of the computer system for the optimization of the business firm! Moreover, the Computer Science course doesn't have business and accounting subjects unlike CA...

Although i haven't experience what is like in the "real" world, i started to anticipate it as early as now, so that when the time comes, i wouldn't get lost. My point is, we should focus more on our studies 'cause this will serve as our weapon in the so-called "real" world. We should learn to anticipate our future. We should always remember, what we do today will reflect on what we will be tomorrow. That is, if you're lazy today, then maybe you will end up in what most people call as "kangkungan"! In addition to that, there is no such thing as a "crap" course, whether it is CA or not, it is not a CRAP 'cause it has already undergone certain standards and it has already been approved by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). Further, how can CA last for almost 17 years if its program is such a CRAP!

Lastly, i don't see enough pieces of evidence that would prove your claim. Your claim is unsound and invalid (remember MANALOG?). I know that you are entitled to your opinion 'cause it's your constitutional right (remember POLIGOV?). But your claim doesn't have enough pieces of evidence that would convince everybody. Learn to argue in a logical way. It's a good thing that you have cited your case. But not all CA students have the same case as yours. Therefore, you can't just brag your claim that CA is a "crap" course and that CA students don't succeed after graduation. Do you see my point? I have already posted my views. It's now up to the readers to judge. To those readers who spent their time reading my message, thank you very much. God Bless to all! Ciao!

Comments

• galeng ng post na to...

im not proud that i spent too much time in that course. just got stuck there.
    maybe it wasn't really for me. still i stuck it out. sayang cap! sayang taon. but i'm proud i graduated.
    I learned a lot in that environment though. lahat ata ng batch kilala ako. and it defined who i wuz.

shift na kayo if you feel its too hard for you.. o di niyo talaga trip. hirap lang mag shift noon e, magulo pa systema. ngayon ok na csb. pero masungit pa den ata mga tao. hahaha

CA GRAD to.. gudvibez
  • MCLMCL PExer
    I salute the person who made this very timely statement.
    I am a CA grad, id 96. been working for almost 5 years as a software engineer and currently leading a group of 4 developers(from diff schools) in one of foreign based software development company in Ortigas.

I dont think I would reach my current status if CA is a crap course.
  • This thread is totally true! I do feel he same way about CA. It it is a good course, very innovative and very distinct. However, the program needs some changes, and i know that the CA department knows it and continues to improve it every term. I'm id 100. I learned a lot from that course, but to be honest, the business side of CA influenced me the most, unti lang on the programming side. My point is, CA is indeed a great program but it lacks concentration, i just hope that unnecessary subjects like natsci, i peacedu, aesthet, "lalo na itrends" and the likes will be will be removed from the ca curriculum, and instead be replaced more computer subjects like java, vb.net, linux, advnce networking cisco, and ibang web development subjects. Puros VB 6.0 gamet ng ng CA wala ng iba. Basically, all of our subjects are more on business than IT, and when thesis time comes, the CA dept expects us and pressures us to build a perfect system. I believe that we can add more on our thesis if we did not only concentrate with one programming language... But then again i learned and gained a lot from it, from my entrepreneurial batchmates and friends from school, made me appreciate business more. i'm very thankful CA ako =)
  • Thanks a lot that you've shared your views and comments...(",)
  • maganda nga yung CA kaso sobrang hirap naman!!!!!
  • Tee_Z28Tee_Z28 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    CA becomes harder and harder after every schoolyear... tama lang kasi mino-mold ng school yung standard eh. I'm id 102 and my pals are id 103 mas marami silang alam sa mga bagay-bagay kesa sakin.. hahah! I did well in my majors pero SOBRANG KULANG lalo na ngayung thesis ako. I went through Inforem and project management and somehow ang mga naituro sakin dun ay di ko makonek sa thesis ko. hahaah. thank God for friends who went under different professors who explained it to them. sa THESIS ko na lang naramdaman yung pag ka BUSINESS-IT ng course ko. sayang. pero patapos na ko eh diba?

Pero promise, not all teachers ng department ARE teachers ha. hmph!

CA is ok. di ka man makapasok sa IT firm, heller Business Admin ka.. edge mo sobra ang knowledge mo sa IT hahaha! so pwede ka kahit saan. SAYA!
  • thanks a bunch for inspiring me to become a better student.. i am such a lazy *** kasi.. i tend to do things just for the sake of passing my subjects.. i don't do it with passion and hardwork.. now, i realized that i need to exert more effort to build a good future for myself..

pero sana, our professors would do the same thing.. i hope that they would inspire and motivate us more.. cge, given na masipag ung student and all.. pano naman kung ung prof mo di ganun kagaling magturo and mahirap intindihin? we should both work in two ways.. give and take dapaT!!

all in all, thanks for this thread! i learned a lot =)
  • kristeta09 wrote:
    thanks a bunch for inspiring me to become a better student.. i am such a lazy *** kasi.. i tend to do things just for the sake of passing my subjects.. i don't do it with passion and hardwork.. now, i realized that i need to exert more effort to build a good future for myself..

pero sana, our professors would do the same thing.. i hope that they would inspire and motivate us more.. cge, given na masipag ung student and all.. pano naman kung ung prof mo di ganun kagaling magturo and mahirap intindihin? we should both work in two ways.. give and take dapaT!!

all in all, thanks for this thread! i learned a lot =)

Yeah! some profs' ain't into it din talaga. cash cow lang ata csb. masaya naman mga tao dun. but don't fret, every subject, every term, learn a little. polish up on the basics, like math. Be sociable and open minded. thats our edge in the corporate world. CSB ROCKS!

gudvibez!