Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Movies

GMA FILMS===Sell Out?

From top caliber films like Muro Ami, Rizal, Death Row, etc...to its comeback film, a meaningless teen drama jargon, Let the Love Begin. What gives?!

The film outfit has lost its reputation and prestige..now it's just another star cinema clone wanting all the commercial, "network" glory. pathetic.

Comments

• From top caliber films like Muro Ami, Rizal, Death Row, etc...to its comeback film, a meaningless teen drama jargon, Let the Love Begin. What gives?!

The film outfit has lost its reputation and prestige..now it's just another star cinema clone wanting all the commercial, "network" glory. pathetic.

sad nga..pero kasi yun ang pumapatok sa masa e...business din naman kasi yang movie making ryt? so profit is a big consideration....kasi diba yung deathrow nde ok box office...jose rizal lang ata yung kumita sila sobra...sguro ipon muna pera gma bgo mag release ng super quality films like jose rizal...
  • INGGIT KA LANG!!!

dont be insecure with GMA's phenomenal success.

KAPUSO NA ANG NUMERO UNO.

LIVE WITH IT!!
  • rizal lang daw ang kumita, hak hak hak

know your history mare este pare.

GMA rules!!!!
  • INGGIT KA LANG!!!

dont be insecure with GMA's phenomenal success.

KAPUSO NA ANG NUMERO UNO.

LIVE WITH IT!!

:lol:

ok number one na kung number one...:lol:

i believe what i posted and i stand by it.

kolokoy: i think kumita ang muro ami and rizal...not sure about the others.
  • janray:)janray:) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^yeah kumita ang rizal at muro-ami... yung iba hindi ata masyado... kaya hininto na nila yung pagproproduce ng films...

valentine offering naman ang LTLB, so ok lang... feel-good movie lang naman to.
  • MetrophileMetrophile PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I took a summer writing workshop in GMA last 2002. one of my co-workshoppers asked our trainor why GMA stopped making movies, after all it seemed like they were making films that people really liked.

Our trainor honestly said that it was because even though Muro Ami and especially Rizal did very well in the box office, kumita daw talaga ang mga movies but the returns weren't enough to cover GMA Films' expenses,especially with Rizal which heavily relied on it's production design. So pahinga daw muna sila nung time na yun.

And I think it's not really selling out. It's a business and they saw a potential with LTLB and the two loveteams.

At the end of the day,it's all about making sure that they make intelligent moves to keep their business afloat.
  • I get that it's a business and it has to do what it has to do to stay afloat...but it's just really disappointing.

I think GMA films can make the films it made back then and give it enough "hype" to make it successful...but instead they are paving their way to "commercial" films...there's definitely nothing wrong with commercial films but it's just not what GMA Films was all about before.

In a way I feel like GMA films was only revived just to showcase GMA network's talents/shows/etc. and to counter Star Cinema. I hear their upcoming films are a Jen-Mark flick, Mulawin the movie, Darna(i'm not sure about this one)...a way to market the network's shows and loveteams.
  • kumita nga ng pera, pumurol naman ang utak.

pero astig ang JOSE RIZAL ah, maganda sya.
  • i don't necessarily think na nag-sellout sila. it's a valentine offer anyway...besides kahit naman di ganun ka-lalim and "artsy" as the previous films, Let the Love was still rated B by the film ratings board.
  • raikou_99raikou_99 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Bakit naman nga ba Rated B ang LTLB:?:
  • janray:)janray:) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bluechips wrote:
    i don't necessarily think na nag-sellout sila. it's a valentine offer anyway...besides kahit naman di ganun ka-lalim and "artsy" as the previous films, Let the Love was still rated B by the film ratings board.

i think so too... valentines day kaya papatok ang feel-good movie....

pero sana, ibalik nila yung mga talagang dekalidad na pelikula nila at wag gumaya sa star cinema... na madalas puro commercial ang films...

congrats sa gma films coz talagang blockbuster ang movie nila, aminin man ng kabila o hindi:)
  • ^

gma films is just another star cinema now...tignan mo ang mga upcoming projects nila. loveteam this loveteam that.

star cinema does good movies rin naman...pero they're more known for their commercial flicks... i think their first movie was may minamahal right?
  • ok lng yan...

malay mo e may nakalinya rin silang movie n dekalidad rin...

malay mo.... hindi natin alam...

baka gma films ang makapagbigay ng kauna-unahang oscar award s pilipinas...
  • Metrophile wrote:
    I took a summer writing workshop in GMA last 2002. one of my co-workshoppers asked our trainor why GMA stopped making movies, after all it seemed like they were making films that people really liked.

Our trainor honestly said that it was because even though Muro Ami and especially Rizal did very well in the box office, kumita daw talaga ang mga movies but the returns weren't enough to cover GMA Films' expenses,especially with Rizal which heavily relied on it's production design. So pahinga daw muna sila nung time na yun.

If a movie "did very well in the box office" and "kumita daw talaga ang mga movies", but "the returns weren't enough to cover GMA Films' expenses"...then the movies didn't "make money" or "profit" in the box office, right? To profit, a movie or any product has to make enough to recover its expenses and rake in more beyond that, di ba? So, I'm curious: did GMA Films really make money with those touted films, or not?