FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Kidou Senshi Z GUNDAM: Believe in the sign of Zeta!

shun_sakuraishun_sakurai when in doubt, FLAT OUT! PExer
Lapit na mag-premiere ito. Might as well make a topic on it.

Mobile Suit Z Gundam will begin airing on Animax Asia on Sunday 9pm(?). Subsequent episodes are supposed to show on weekdays.

Anything related to Zeta? Talk about it here! :D

Comments

• gakutokamuigakutokamui biased gooner PExer
    one of the best gundam series ever. just better start getting used to crazy characters because tomino placed an awful lot in this series. and its subbed :D
  • h33r0h33r0 Class S PExer
    i dont understand a word of it.... cant comprehend japanese.... waht's worst, we have no subs... :(

sayang interested pa naman ako. i lost my apetite for it...
  • Red_WolfRed_Wolf Member ✭✭✭
    The best Gundam series ever? Haven't missed an ep so far, pero I'm already satisfied. Naalala ko tuloy yung PS Z Gundam game of which I began playing it exactly seven years ago this week.

Ang sakit para kay Kamiyu na mamatayan ng magulang in just two eps-his encapsulated mom is blown off into space wearing no spacesuit, and his dad na may kerida pays the ultimate price for hijacking Char/Quattro's Rick Dias. Poor guy-yan ang talagang pinabayaan ng magulang.

Sexy ni Fa Yurie!
  • shun_sakuraishun_sakurai when in doubt, FLAT OUT! PExer
    The regular screenings are on weekdays 11:30 pm on Animax Asia. Cutting it kind of late, I think, but hey, this is Gundam and it's not really kids' fare---especially Zeta.

The Animax subtitling is generally SWEET! It makes me regret spending all that money for a 6DVD set from Taiwan with disappointingly inconsistent subtitling. Plus we get to hear all the elegant voices of the famous seiyuus of the UC Gundam series. Personally I'm a fan of Shoichi Ikeda (Char Aznable/Quattro Bajeena/Gilbert Dullindal of SEED-D). Di ko lang gusto yung pag-edit ng ilang pangalan (e.g. Colony 30 = 30 Bunch)

According to MAHQ.net's reviewers this is the darkest Gundam series yet created. From the get-go we see Camille's parents being killed and Camille himself getting into a couple of fights. We also see poor old Bright Noa being "toyed with" by Titans.
    just better start getting used to crazy characters because tomino placed an awful lot in this series.
    I agree hehehe :D

Also get used to the fast-paced development of the plot in Zeta---a startling difference from SEED and SEED-D which have very slow, easy-to-follow development.
    animax plays the subbed stuff only from 11:00 up so this was expected for zeta. zeta is fun because it brings back so many of the characters (those who survived anyway) from the original series. so yeah, this series is not half as fun for those who haven't seen the original gundam. it also continues the various plots and legacies started there. if you've seen char's counterattack and felt that it didn't make much sense, thats maybe because you missed either the original or zeta (or both, which means you really shouldn't have watch cca in the first place). in the original tomino introduced angst as never seen before in anime. in zeta he turns it up tenfold (along with the bodycount).
    Also get used to the fast-paced development of the plot in Zeta---a startling difference from SEED and SEED-D which have very slow, easy-to-follow development.
    i disagree. the plot of zeta isn't exactly fast (neither is it slow either). seed and the like are obviously heavily patterned on the originals and in that aspect they have something in common. seed actually has so much zeta in it that it felt like they rushed the whole thing.

also, if the existence of the titans and its relationship to the federation is a little confusing (like the way they can treat a bonafide fed captain and oyw hero bright noah like sh*te) then watch gundam 0083 which is basically a prequel to the titan era.
    you've seen char's counterattack and felt that it didn't make much sense, thats maybe because you missed either the original or zeta

Hmmm...oo nga. Napansin ko rin ito. I watched CCA while in the middle of Gundam 0079 and without having watched Zeta.
  • dspr8 ruggeddspr8 rugged Exia facepalms for you PExer
    Ako din. Napanood ko na ang CCA nang hindi napanood ang Zeta, pero napanood ko ang Gundam 0079. Nagtaka tuloy ako na sinabi ni Amuro sa CCA kay Char na "magkakampi" sila dati sa AEUG? So I presume reference yun sa Zeta.

Pag nagkapera ako, baka kunin ko ang isang ito. Hirap talaga ng mabagal ang connection at walang cable. :hiya:
    Nagtaka tuloy ako na sinabi ni Amuro sa CCA kay Char na "magkakampi" sila dati sa AEUG? So I presume reference yun sa Zeta.
    I think Char makes reference to/justifies this within CCA :)

"People who are too much alike...they will hate each other." (To which Nanai Miguel replies: "Too much love, a hundred-fold hatred.") He probably meant that he and Amuro had identical personalities but were simply on opposing sides.

Now I understand why MAHQ says Gundam is the Star Trek of Japan.
  • Q boneQ bone Operator 7G PExer
    Red_Wolf wrote:
    Sexy ni Fa Yurie!

HA! I Love Four Murasame!!!! Now that babe is sexy!!!! :nuts:
  • Q boneQ bone Operator 7G PExer
    also, if the existence of the titans and its relationship to the federation is a little confusing (like the way they can treat a bonafide fed captain and oyw hero bright noah like sh*te) then watch gundam 0083 which is basically a prequel to the titan era.
    Oh yeah, the gundams in this series are a totally new design. Thats cause at the end of the Stardust war the design data was "deleted" to prevent the Titans from using them.
    HA! I Love Four Murasame!!!! Now that babe is sexy!!!!
    AMEN!

Sa akin. talbog si Fa Yuiry kay Four kahit kailan :D Psycho b!tch nga lang sya... :o
  • BOOGIECATBOOGIECAT Banned by Admin PExer
    I think yung isang mecha sa Zeta ay kahawig ng mechas sa Five Star Stories(anime at mini manga sa anime magazine Neytype),coincidentally isa sa mga mecha designers sa Zeta Gundam ay si Mamoru Nagano(author ng Five Star Stories).
    ^ yup, mamoru nagano was heavily involved in zeta. kaya nga yung type 100 ni char mejo mukang mortar headd e. :D

kung sira ang ulo ni four then you must watch it till rosamia comes along. now she is nuts.
    Ako din. Napanood ko na ang CCA nang hindi napanood ang Zeta, pero napanood ko ang Gundam 0079. Nagtaka tuloy ako na sinabi ni Amuro sa CCA kay Char na "magkakampi" sila dati sa AEUG? So I presume reference yun sa Zeta.
    obviously mejo spoiled na kasi ang dami na talagang nakapanood ng cca (which is nobody's fault since zeta was so hard to find even then and cca was everywhere to be seen). anyway, ang ganda ng scene nung magkita si char at amuro uli. classic.
    kung sira ang ulo ni four then you must watch it till rosamia comes along. now she is nuts.
    Agree with you there :) Hnlabo nya pare.
  • dspr8 ruggeddspr8 rugged Exia facepalms for you PExer
    Napanood ko na rin sa wakas ang Zeta...
    AMEN!

Sa akin. talbog si Fa Yuiry kay Four kahit kailan :D Psycho b!tch nga lang sya... :o
    Wha? Walang me gusto kay Emma Sheen? Well, I am not after the looks, but it's because she pilots a Gundam... :D

Sandamukal din ang mga female MS pilots sa Zeta - at karamihan sa kanila't may naging close relation kay Kamille... and what happened to each of them -
    isa-isa silang namatay. Tanging si Fa lang yata ang natira...

Ang isa ko pang nagustuhan sa Zeta ay yung mga "classic random UC fanservice" -
    we see Fa and Rosamia topless, Reccoa gets fondled twice, while Beltochika gets fondled once. Tapos yung doctor ng Argama (o ng Radish? Not sure...) muntik pang naka-iskor kay Emma.
    Talino talaga ni Emma!

And yes, I have to agree na yung appearance ni Amuro and the other guys from Mobile Suit Gundam was sweet. Amuro, despite his doubts, is still a kick-**** pilot. Maganda rin yung mga roles ng mga old characters like Hayato, Katsu, Kai (na isa pa ring duwag)... nakakatawa nga lang at hindi nagsalita si Artesia Daikun, a.k.a., Sayla Mass sa ilang segundong airtime niya.

I have to say na justified yung pagiging angsty ni Kamille -
    mamatayan ka ba naman ng magulang sa magkasunod na episode, tapos ilang beses siyang ginulpi, at ilang babaeng naging malapit sa kanya ang namatay. Asteeeeg...

Lastly, me MS battles kada episode. Nadedevelop ang istorya without sacrificing the whole episode na walang laban.

Ang masasabi ko lang, sobrang asteg itong Zeta. *okay*
  • DKLDKL Texhnolyzed PExer
    Man, I'm not really into GUNDAM as a whole, but this series is SOLID as hell...

I'm not really getting all of the technicalities of the show *mainly since it airs incredibly late at night*

but I did record some of it, but that doesn't hide the fact that I really don't get all of it... anyway, I stopped watching since I evenetually got this HUGE backlog and couldn't keep up

I found this a lot cooler than the newer stuff *SEED, WING, etc.* in a sense that it had a rock and roll feel to it... and you get CHAR

Basically, I can infer that it's about People taking names and kicking ***

*VERY INCOHERENT and INACCURATE spoilers up ahead*

and then that Noa Bright guy calls people into his ship and then slaps them for disobeying orders *wow, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a series at this shallow of a level before, but everything is just great... the animation, the art, the music*

err... the story is somewhat linked to the original MSG show from what I can understand and there are newtypes or something all over the place now...

you get this guy Kamille as a main character, and they join a group called AEUG *huh?*

which are a bunch of people that... ummm... well, I think they are against the Earth or something since the politicians want to focus all of the resources to fixing the Earth, but then they are forgetting the other people in the far reaches of space...

then the Zabi's are like... behind the titans or something even though everybody thought that they were all dead

nope, I didn't get the story at all, I was just paying attention to the coolness, but of course, there is a lot underneath, I'm just saying that I can't get it all

I hope someone can lend me Bandai's box set some time...
  • Red_WolfRed_Wolf Member ✭✭✭
    Anybody know yung theme songs ng MS ZG?
    I hope someone can lend me Bandai's box set some time...

I've heard some bad stuff about the Zeta DVD box set from some US acquaintances...they're basically turned off with the lame English dubbing ("Quattro says some gay lines" or some other superficial complaint) and the deletion of the original opening and ending themes. For some reason concerning the licensing of the music with the record company, Bandai had to make do with MTV-style OP/ED credits (a la Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 on Animax).
    but of course, there is a lot underneath, I'm just saying that I can't get it all

I agree. I needed to see Zeta once again to understand the story fully, which I do now.

The first time I saw it, it was on a 6DVD set which had disappointingly inconsistent subtitling...and I watched it on a marathon.

The funny thing about Zeta, though, is how the AEUG is never really formally introduced to viewers. If I hadn't gone to gundamofficial.com or MAHQ.net, I wouldn't have known that AEUG meant "Anti Earth Union Group." Also, for a 1985 anime...let's just say I found the original 1979 Gundam series more colorful and varied in its palette.

I still think MSG 0079 is the better series...but MSZG is great in itself too.
  • DKLDKL Texhnolyzed PExer
    I've heard some bad stuff about the Zeta DVD box set from some US acquaintances...they're basically turned off with the lame English dubbing ("Quattro says some gay lines" or some other superficial complaint) and the deletion of the original opening and ending themes. For some reason concerning the licensing of the music with the record company, Bandai had to make do with MTV-style OP/ED credits (a la Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 on Animax).

I agree. I needed to see Zeta once again to understand the story fully, which I do now.

The first time I saw it, it was on a 6DVD set which had disappointingly inconsistent subtitling...and I watched it on a marathon.

The funny thing about Zeta, though, is how the AEUG is never really formally introduced to viewers. If I hadn't gone to gundamofficial.com or MAHQ.net, I wouldn't have known that AEUG meant "Anti Earth Union Group." Also, for a 1985 anime...let's just say I found the original 1979 Gundam series more colorful and varied in its palette.

I still think MSG 0079 is the better series...but MSZG is great in itself too.

ABOUT MSG 0079 on ANIMAX:

err... I think they were using BANDAI'S DVDs, the credits *which were awesome* were changed on the R1 release

in fact, the R1 release of MSG 0079 was ONLY in English if I'm not mistaken

and I think the ZETA themes were changed for the same reason where the first series left off, but I dunno all the politics crap

I think they didn't want to pay loyalites to the guy who composed them or something... but I dunno all the politics crap

as for the dub, another party I've seen likes the dub and found the subtitles to be irk-some

but then... I wouldn't know since I haven't seen it :P

anyway, as long as it's not a 4KIDS or NELVANA release of an anime, it's usually best for people to go out there and get licensed anime

I mean, it's JUST the theme songs... but the theme songs are pretty AWESOME, so I'd understand the reaction if only a bit...

I think what pissed most people off about ZETA's release is that NO ONE TOLD them the songs were going to be removed/edited

but everything else is intact so I guess for the most part, a lot of people walked away satisfied
    DKL wrote:
    *VERY INCOHERENT and INACCURATE spoilers up ahead*

and then that Noa Bright guy calls people into his ship and then slaps them for disobeying orders *wow, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a series at this shallow of a level before, but everything is just great... the animation, the art, the music*
    gotta love bright noa. these new generation anime sf protagonists are spoiled. if the likes of shinji ikari were on the white base or the agama he'll set 'im straight and make him a man... or kill him in the process :D
    err... the story is somewhat linked to the original MSG show from what I can understand and there are newtypes or something all over the place now...
    its msg's direct sequel and it happens some 8 years on the same time line.
    you get this guy Kamille as a main character, and they join a group called AEUG *huh?*
    the aeug is a paramilitary organization backed by various political groups against the titans. the titans are an elite branch of the federation military formed to take out the remainder of the zeons who were defeated in the one year war. this elite organization is backed by some very high ranking and corrupt federation officers. even as their actual reason for existing as a fighting force ended, the titans as a military organization still held sway. at the time of zeta, they had priority on most of the new technology. their officers were also effectively two ranks higher than their conventional federation counterparts.
    then the Zabi's are like... behind the titans or something even though everybody thought that they were all dead
    the zabis are the reigning family that ruled the principality of zeon. in history, they led a conspiracy that culminated in the death of zeon zum daikun, placing the zabi patriarch (and zeon's aide) degwin sodo zabi in power. the zabi's ruled the zeon and were the ones who declared war on the federation which ended in their defeat and near extermination in the one year war. their bloodline is survived by the young mineva zabi, daughter of dozul zabi who is now under the care of regent (and effectively the true power in zeon) haman kharn (who is probably one of the most devious characters i have ever seen in anime). the true zeon line thought exterminated is survived by casval rem daikun and artesia som daikun, aka char aznable and sayla mass respectively. needless to say, somewhere down the line char goes back to claim his birthright.

nope, I didn't get the story at all, I was just paying attention to the coolness, but of course, there is a lot underneath, I'm just saying that I can't get it all
    one of gundam's main attractions is its time line and history. so yeah, watching zeta without seeing the original will leave a lot of blanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file