COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Why does all the Major Companies ask for Managment or CS Graduates?

Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
It's Job Fair week in Ateneo and I've never seen a more depressing sight! All they are after are those graduating from the Management or Computer Science Courses. Sheesh! Paano ngayon yan? Looks like I'll be part of the unemployed of batch 2000!

Comments

• MikoidMikoid Administrator PExer
    I dropped by your JobFair today and I must say that the selection of companies at this year's Job Fair was extremely limited. Most of the positions available for management people - either brand management, finance or IT.

Don't be depressed. There are a lot more companies with job openings, you just need too look around. Try JobsDB.Com, JobStreet.Com, Trabaho.Com (actually, even PEx has posted a handful of openings).

Also, you need to have a good idea of what you'd like to be in the five years. If you're interested in a career in an Internet company, for instance, you'd like to study the industry or learn to make Web pages.
    Don't despair, dude -- the JobFair is a introduction to the job market, and there's much more out there than what the Placement Office (which charges an excessive P5000 for posting openings) has to offer.

- Mikoid
  • davedave Member PExer
    prudentailife information systems wants to throw the computer engineering graduates to tech. support!! ggrrrr
  • chez-ochez-o Bollywood Icon PExer
    @#@!! na mga kumpanya yan!
    mabuhay ang humanities! mabuhay ang soc sci! mabuhay ang pol sci!!!! (bitter ba???)
  • Ice BurnIce Burn Conflicting Karma PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    chez-o:

my sentiments exactly!
  • YoshiYoshi Member PExer
    Walang kwenta talaga yang job fair na yan! I thought na yung mga pharmaceutical/food companies tatanggap ng mga "hamak" na Chem graduates, yun pala, puro sales and marketing lang yung hinahanap nila!

Aaaargh! Ayoko nang mag-CE! But it looks like wala akong choice... :(

P.S. Did you see Aragorn?
  • MeronMeron Member PExer
    Ika'y maiging magtayo na lang ng negosyo upang makatulong sa ekonomiya. Makabibigay ka pa ng trabaho sa taong bayan.

Pwede mo ring ayusin ang grammar ng topic mo.

"Why DO all the major companies ask for Management or CS graduates" dapat.

Peace at isang malaking laban!
    Ika'y maiging magtayo na lang ng negosyo upang makatulong sa ekonomiya. Makabibigay ka pa ng trabaho sa taong bayan.

Pwede mo ring ayusin ang grammar ng topic mo.

"Why DO all the major companies ask for Management or CS graduates" dapat.

Peace at isang malaking laban!
    Meron:

Tama ang grammar ko because there is the word all in the sentence which is taken as one. You used does for singulars and by using all, I am classifying the major companies as singular. Doesn't this sentence sound stupid, all are lost? The correct way of saying it is all is lost.

If I said, Why does the major companies ask for Mgt or CS graduates, then doon ako nagkamali dahil walang all! It would have to be Why do the major companies ask for mgt or cs graduates.

So the sentence, "Why does all the major companies ask for mgt or cs graduates" is correct.

Anyway, thanks for making an effort to correct grammar. You have to realize that one word can make a difference.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Pareng (Mareng?) Ice Burn:

Huwag kang ma-dismaya sa mga pakana niyang mga employer na yan.

If you really want the job(s), mag-apply ka! What can they do to you if you're not a Mgt/CS major? Kung talagang ayaw nila, itatapon lang naman yung papers mo. Pero bihira ang magtapon, kadalasan itatago lang naman nila sa file cabinet.

Pero kung gusto nila, e di tatawagan ka, diba? Applying won't hurt, and you might even impress somebody with your initiative.

Unless the position is extremely specialized (very few jobs for new graduates are), your college major shouldn't matter much. From my experience, requirements for specific majors are made only by the HR/recruiting people to save them time they would spend to screen applicants.

Mahirap ang buhay ngayon, bossing. Mahirap ang trabaho. Kaya sa paghahanap ng mapapasukan, kailangan maraming tiyaga, kulit, at minsan, tigas ng ulo.
  • kraitkrait Member PExer
    Ice Burn,

Tama si Meron.

"All is lost" is gramatically correct since there is no object for 'all.' It functions as a collective noun. But, since the 'all' in your statement has an object 'the Major Companies,' which is plural so the verb should be in plural form.

You're like saying "all the major companies is very promising." Shouldn't it be "all the major companies are very promising?"

0 0 0 0
  • ruffruff beach bum PExer
    I agree with KuyaDanny. I'm one of the ones majoring in I.T. but I tried applying to as many companies as I can ... so far 34 in all, kahit na hindi I.T. related yung openings nila (parang collect now, select later... that's what they do to us naman rin e.) ... who know's they might have an opening later on that they don't have just right now... and it's hard to get a job as fresh grads, i guess we have to find the best company that we'll give us a good training ... habol nila experience ... bihira lang ata ngayon yung nakakapadpad sa magandang trabaho the first time around ...
    :(

btw, Mikoid, thanks for the tips! :)
    Paumanhin sa iyo Ginoong Ice Burn. Sabi sa 'yo tama ako.
    Meron:

Whatever you say. I still think does sounds better anyway. Besides, don't you ever call me Ginoong Ice Burn because I am not a guy to begin with.
    Paumanhin muli Ginang Ice Burn. Paki siyatin ang paliwanag ni Krait.

Kung sa pandinig ang gagamitin bilang base kung tama o mali sa aking tingin mas mainam ang do all companies kaysa does all companieS. Masagwa rin ang do all company.

Isang malaking laban!
    meron:

wag mo rin akong tatawaging ginang dahil wala pa akong asawa.
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Ey ey, let's cool down a bit here. :)

Ice Burn, all you have to do is look at other places. I went to your job fair with Mikoid, and I have to agree that your choices were limited - even for Management graduates. Okay lang yan, I have a lot of friends who didn't find their jobs through the job fair. They found their jobs through ads, referrals, and the internet. Try www.jobsdb.com , ph.jobstreet.com, and www.trabaho.com . Try looking at the classifieds of Manila Bulletin every Sunday - ang dami! And try asking friends if they know any openings, especially friends who are already working. Ask if you department has a mailing list or if companies have contacted them for job openings. Our department, until now, sends out email for job openings. Apparently they are always being contacted by alumni.

I got my first job through the job fair, but I left after three months because it wasn't for me. My current job I got through a referral.

What are you interested in? I'll keep it in mind so that if I find out about any job opening, I'll let you know. :)

• cianoycianoy Vermicompost Bin Supplier PExer
    Here's my jobsite for those interested:
    http://geocities.com/cianoy/philjobs.html

If you want to receive details of the job openings via e-mail, send a blank e-mail to
    [email protected]

It's FREE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file