COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

What are your thoughts on ABS-CBN's other channels (e.g., ANC, Cinemaone, Studio23)?

GuileGuile Symbian personified PExer
Did I miss something else?

Listing them down first:
1. Studio 23
2. ANC
3. Cinemaone
4. Knowledge Channel????

Personally:

ANC - I think this station is competing with channel 2 in terms of resource distribution. For example, the better looking sets are in channel 2 (e.g., TV Patrol), while the more competent English news anchors are in ANC (e.g., Tina Monzon Palma, Angelo Castro Junior). I think it's time for ABS to unify its news channel. That is, it should merge the news section of channel 2 to ANC and make it (ANC) a single free TV channel, while making channel 2 a pure entertainment channel. This way, ANC would single- handedly beat the crap out of GMA in its news delivery because of its 24-7 programming. It's a gambit that could be successful.

Studio 23 - I think this station is suffering from an image problem because it changed its image from "THE PREMIUM NETWORK" (All English shows) to "Kabarkada Mo". I think ABS should fix this station's image. If they want to make it "THE CONIO NETWORK" , then they should do it, as long as the station would a fixed image. The same problem can be said to Net 25. The station is half INC oriented, and half infotech.

Comments

• yahooitskianyahooitskian Banned By Admin PExer
    lifestyle
    TFC
    Regional!
  • GuileGuile Symbian personified PExer
    Lifestyle network, kanila din?
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    okay lang ang studio 23. Hindi lang naman ito para sa co?o.
    Originally, Studio 23 was called "THE PREMIUM NETWORK", and the TV Station promised to show ALL ENGLISH PROGRAMS.

Parang heaven sa akin yung TV station na yun kasi dati, wala pang cable dito sa bahay.

Sabihin na natin na back then, it catered to upper and middle class people. ABS should have kept things that way. Later kasi, naging tambakan of channel 2 rejected shows yung Studio 23.
  • globalhegemonglobalhegemon King Crap PExer
    To be honest, I'd rather want the OLD Studio 23.

Pero I watch more of ANC than ABS-CBN. :D Still, that doesn't diminish me being a Kapamilya :D
  • okay lang yung iba....studio 23...cinema one....
  • kryptonite_819kryptonite_819 Miyembro PExer
    yung Cinema one pala ok lang yung nude.. napanood ko yung Malena (2 or 3 weeks ago??).. may mga scenes na nakita yung nipples ni Monica Bellucci.. :surprised:
    Cinema one still cuts the pumping scenes. Bwiset! :D
  • moonshinemoonshine Member PExer
    i really enjoy watching the old movies they show on CinemaOne... im talking about the old classic films featuring jay ilagan, hilda koronel, lorna tolentino, vilma santos, christopher de leon... i hope they show more of these in the future. makes me wonder where all the good filmmakers and scriptwriters went.
  • guerrillaradioguerrillaradio Know Your Enemy. PExer
    monopoly.com.jpg at work again...

:bomb:
  • acidlemonacidlemon Banned by Admin PExer
    basta ABS-CBN panalo sa kin
  • avonleaavonlea Moderator PExer
    moonshine wrote:
    i really enjoy watching the old movies they show on CinemaOne... im talking about the old classic films featuring jay ilagan, hilda koronel, lorna tolentino, vilma santos, christopher de leon... i hope they show more of these in the future. makes me wonder where all the good filmmakers and scriptwriters went.

yup... this is what i really miss... si Alfie Anido sa Cinema One ko lang napanood... and also those movies by Lino Brocka, Mike de Leon, Ishmael Bernal... not to mention the black&white films of yesteryears...

Guile... from what i know, a network cannot have two free channels on the same band... kaya nga Studio 23 is a UHF channel...

singit ko lang... dito sa korea, yung major channels na KBS, MBC at SBS merong secondary free channels na drama lang pinapalabas... KBS Drama, MBC Drama at SBS Drama :D
  • you_betchyou_betch Member PExer
    yung Cinema one pala ok lang yung nude.. napanood ko yung Malena (2 or 3 weeks ago??).. may mga scenes na nakita yung nipples ni Monica Bellucci.. :surprised:

i like that movie--people can be so cruel
  • ajoerooooajoeroooo Member PExer
    the Lifestyle Network & ANC are my 2 most-watched channels, kahit clang 2 lang buong maghapon ok lang sakin!!! :)
  • edching908edching908 Certified Chinoy Ako PExer
    I noted that one of the previous Sky "exclusives", the DepEd-endorsed Knowledge Channel, is now made available even on non-Sky owned cable companies.

This is public service for you as ABS always says. Now I challenge them to bring this public service further-- by making ANC available even to non-Sky-owned cable companies as well. They can always charge programming fees to the non-Sky-owned cable companies that wish to carry it. Kikita pa sila ng additional income dito.

They can choose to keep Cinema One, Lifestyle Network and the 24 hour Myx exclusive to their cable operators. These channels anyway are not important to the information needs of Filipinos.

But given the noticeably shrinking volume of English language local broadcasts on free TV, ABS has one giant commitment to continue broadcasting the local news in English for the benefit of the foreigners and the educated ones here, and this is where ANC can come in.

Moreover, ANC's appearance on other cable companies' systems will sort of temper off the overwhealmingly vernacular nature of our local newscasts.

I read about that. And its really puzzling that while the MTRCB kept pointing their guns at WOWOW on the other cable systems, why can't they keep a tight lid on Cinema One, especially come the midnight hour? Sila rin pala ang guilty of carrying soft *****. Is the MTRCB afraid of the Lopezes?
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    wala kasi akong cable so i cant comment on the other networks. but i like their knowledge channel since they have a project to put it into public schools
  • ajoerooooajoeroooo Member PExer
    yes, mtrcb should really do somethin w/ wowow, coz they show really graphic & obscene footages on its adult movies. actually, the cable operators have now been reprimanded to cut its access every fri & sat nights, pero may ibang small operators na nakakalusot pa rin :(
    ajoeroooo wrote:
    yes, mtrcb should really do somethin w/ wowow, coz they show really graphic & obscene footages on its adult movies. actually, the cable operators have now been reprimanded to cut its access every fri & sat nights, pero may ibang small operators na nakakalusot pa rin :(

In addition, they should also watch closely the boldie films on Cinema One every midnight. They are also guilty of this.
  • doritos08doritos08 Member PExer
    concerts on cinemaone! enjoyed watching POPS on high

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file