Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

The Apprentice -- Season 3

Season 3 starts January 20, for stateside viewers.

Here, ABC5 aired the first season and are currently airing Season 2, I don't know if they'll pick this up.

There's a new 'concept' this time around, instead of the initial males vs. females teams, this time the candidates will be divided to the 'booksmarts team' (those with college/U degrees) and the 'streetsmarts team' (those with high school diplomas only).

Does that mean just because you have a college degree you're not street smart anymore? Hehe.

Let's hope its a lot better that Season 2. I loved Season 1, but Season 2 is simply boring. Some of the candidates have zero business sense whatsoever and they treated the show as yet another "Survivor" instead of a real job interview.

Comments

• yeah, season one's exciting.
    i don't know 'bout season 3's "booksmart/streetsmart" concept though.

and Trump seems to favor the players without college degrees.
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    cause that seems to be an argument for several episodes on the past apprentice.
  • anybody saw last night's episode? twas okay, but not great... pero, pansin nyo ba yung lawyer? kamukha ni ashlee simpson! :D
  • Great. It's a battle between the academic ego group and the "Ooooh, we make three times as much" ego group. :rolleyes:

I have my doubts about this season... It's still too early to tell though...
  • my comment about this season: not that much hunks and babes!!!
    it's a business & leadership competition not a beauty pageant.

go watch your tele novelas nalang.
  • errr... I'm just saying...
  • deim! i missed last night's episode. didn't know yesterday was the starting for season 3. anong oras ba? hehe. same time, same channel? deim deim deim! may reply daw ba bukas?? arghh
    babygurl: i tivo mo nalang or punta ka sa website nila to get an episode recap.

yup, same time, same channel.
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yeah, I found those HS grads to be quite annoying, although it reaffirms my belief that, unlike in the Philippines, you can succeed in life with just a high school education. What is important is attitude and experience. Good for them.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'd have to agree with sweet_angel79, there's not much eye-candy in this batch, save for Erin the lawyer. Yes, it's a business and leadership competition, but it's on television, ain't it? It all boils down to ratings, and what have we learned from previous Apprentice season? Sex sells. You don't expect to sell the show with fugly people. I know it may sound harsh, but that's reality.

Anyway, I was inclined on picking Alex as the early favorite to win (due to the number of screen times he was given to do a confessional - five times). But
    he's a bit nervous to become the next Apprentice. For some reason, his hand was shaking when Todd chose him alongside Danny to the boardroom. I like Kendra. Eventhough I thought it should've been Danny who was fired, Kendra went up against the tide and made her voice heard instead of going along with the flow.

Methinks Trump will chose a different winner this time.
    Bill and Kelly are (sort of) clones of each other.
    I think Trump will pick

a. a woman
    b. an african-american
    c. someone without a college diploma
    d. all of the above

Guess who falls under D? My pick to be the next Apprentice is Tara.

candidate_tara.jpg

Favorite talaga si Carolyn, laging panalo ang hirit. "This is sad." :lol:
  • clawed_out we got no tivo.. lolz.. wala daw bang reply tonight? argh
  • babygurl_archer: daming replays this weekend, it's prolly gonna be on CNBC or check NBC on sunday night, they usually replay it last season eh.

bias yung challenge nila eh, Burger King... of course the steetsmarts are gonna nail that. the booksmarts doesn't even know how to use the reg
    lookie.loo: but any trained monkey can punch a key on the cash machine. hindi ko rin napanood hanggang internet lang ako.

they should've more training and danny should be off that competition soon. :lol:
  • clawed_out: i also haven't seen it, i was just old by my cousin. hehe. they seriously didn't know how to punch those numbers! kakahiya nga eh...
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Errrr punching keys on Point-of-Sales machines aren't all that easy, especially if you have a long line of people glaring at you with annoyed faces. It won't take you just a couple of hours to get acquainted with the machine. Mukha lang madali.
  • if they were sooo smart then they could've figured a way to work that machine.
  • :weep: can't relate ako.. :weep:

CNBC? what time?
  • clawed_out wrote:
    it's a business & leadership competition not a beauty pageant.

go watch your tele novelas nalang.

ah talaga? so where are all the fat girls? :greed:
    ^^^ can you please expound the connection of your reply with that quote?

babygurl: sa internet ka nalang makibalita. don't miss is next thursday nbc at 8pm (i think).

as lookie.loo mentioned, they should've planned everything well. it seems they're overconfident & a little machine called cash register sunk their ship.