shows about cars! — PinoyExchange

shows about cars!

What can you say about Hotwire and Stoplight TV shows?

Comments

• ano nga ba yung show ng BBC after those 2 sa studio 23? mas gusto ko yun e. way back pa lang, palagi na ako nanonood nun. :D

di ko matandaan yung name ng show kasi palagi sa gitna ko na naaabutan. :p
  • shun_sakurai
    shun_sakurai when in doubt, FLAT OUT!
    Meron din yung "AutoExtreme. "

Forgot when it airs...most likely Saturday afternoon around 3pm.
  • hahaha:) I remember that Phat_azz_TKD, I also love that show :)
  • shun_sakurai
    Show ng BBC? That's the legendary TOP GEAR :D Been watching it on and off since 1993. They usually show two seasons (1 season = 13 or so episodes) a year on BBC World. They had a reformat in 2002.

Edited nga lang yung shows na napapanood natin dito. The actual show lasts about an hour, not 30 minutes, so we don't get to see the crazier stuff they do with cars... :(
  • Agree!!!!!!!
  • oh.. kaya pala maikli yung sa studio 23.. less humor pa compared dun sa BBC. :D ano pala schedule ng top gear sa BBC? wednesday or thursday night ata?

another show.. MTV pimp my ride and discovery channel's rides. both on a weekend.. sunday night.. after 9pm.. pero ang rides ata saturday night? bihira ako sa bahay ng saturday night e.. puro gimik. mwehehehe. :p
  • Devastator
    Devastator The Absolute Power
    Auto Extreme is every Sunday at 3:30. I think wala na yung Stoplight kasi 4:30 na yung Hotwire then Top Gear at 5.
  • shun_sakurai
    Top Gear seems to have bowed out from BBC World since the tsunami struck. Strange. I can't find it on the usual Thursday 9:30pm/10:30pm slot.
  • iskul
    iskul Speed Junkie
    stoplight is 3:30 na..binago ng studio 23 sked ng mga shows nila eh...tapos byk 101..hotwire then yun top gear...pero puro replay yung top gear but still masaya pa rin panoorin :) ...sobrang laugh trip! :)
  • I love watching hotwire ***kaaliw mga hosts*** yep,top gear :)
  • DWTV- the german channel has a car show called, 'auto motor and sports' but since the start of this year i haven't seen it in its regular time slot.
  • shun_sakurai
    Auto Motor und Sport TV's English broadcast has moved its time slot from Tuesday 6:30 pm to Thursday, same time. This started just this month.

If you watched their final 2004 broadcast, you would have seen this announcement on the closing credits :)

Sayang nga lang di ko na sya napapanood at sabit ako sa coding. I don't get to leave for home until 7pm. :(
  • i think they will have replay of the show, i just dont know the schedule of auto motor and sport.
  • shun_sakurai
    Finally saw Studio 23's local car shows for myself.

"Stoplight" is a bit amateurish in feel. Too concentrated on drag racing, although it is the off-season for circuit races. Could be better.

"BYK101" is the best of the trio IMHO. Quite informative and interesting, although it's strange that they don't show their hosts and guests wearing their helmets while astride their bikes. What's up with that? A wasted opportunity to foster the value of safety IMO.

"Hotwire" is slick, but more of a porma car show than anything else. Probably one to watch if you're into the bling thing---big SUVs, pickups, etc. They seem to feature some custom cars too.

The funny thing is, in "Hotwire" they praised the Hummer H2 to the high heavens. "Top Gear" followed right after and Jeremy Clarkson just blasted the H2 out of the water! :lol:
  • The funny thing is, in "Hotwire" they praised the Hummer H2 to the high heavens. "Top Gear" followed right after and Jeremy Clarkson just blasted the H2 out of the water! :lol:

That just shows you the big difference between the european and american thinking of how cars should be.
  • shun_sakurai
    ale828,
    "Hotwire" is a Pinoy car show ;) The difference is even bigger! :lol:
  • Most, if not all, pinoy car shows never blast or criticize the cars they feature. They're scared of making the auto manufacturers angry. Baka hindi na sila pahiramin ng kotseng i-feature. :shrug:
  • shun_sakurai
    Most, if not all, pinoy car shows never blast or criticize the cars they feature. They're scared of making the auto manufacturers angry. Baka hindi na sila pahiramin ng kotseng i-feature.
    Sigh...I see what you mean. This mentality just totally defeats the idea of having car reviews in the first place.

I remember an older post by another PEXer...he remarked "Every car in the Philippines is perfect!" in response (and I assume sarcastic protest) to just this idea. With the way car reviews are structured here, product planners won't be getting any reliable information on how their cars really fare with the public. In turn, that means no progress in planning better car models.
  • its just like the saying. you dont bite the hand that feeds you.
  • i've watch many auto shows: hotwire and stoplight are just not yet quite up there...

other shows that i watch are topgear(BBC), auto motor show (net 25 & channel news asia), auto review, auto focus, motoring today (NBN), auto extreme (RPN)...