Home PEx Sports NBA

Carter and TMac dogging it!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/01/07/bc.bkn.raptors.carter.ap/index.html <--- Vince Carter

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryS0108MAGICNOTES.htm <--- T Mac's

I can't believe these 2 players! They are paid millions of dollars yet they don't always give their all! Imagine, they are all stars too! This makes me appreciate even more hardworking players like Brian Cardinal while bereft of tremendous talent, plays with all out hustle every game.

Comments

• at least they are telling the truth. They are not the only players that slack off that's for sure.
  • *cough* Dampier *cough*
  • they dont have to admit it.. especially McGrady. it was very evident naman eh, lalo na during the last few games of the season last year. even his injury is fake
  • *cough* Sam I Am and Spree *cough*
  • tsk! tsk!

well magpinsan sila...so what do you guys expected anyway? :lol:
  • PaddymanPaddyman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Some of them slack due to lack of motivation.. either money, security, mgmt/coach's confidence, etc etc... Even with the HUGE amt of money they make, some don't act as professional. Spoiled. If they did it ones, they can do it again...

T-Mac and Houston are in a losing streak. Looks like they won't be jelling as a team anytime soon...

Vince and Nets? We have yet to see the outcome of their marriage. But I won't give them a chance. They have a yawning hole in the middle that Jason Collins can't fill!
  • It was obvious that they weren't giving their 100%, but why admit it? That's just stupid on their part.

If it weren't for what VC has done to Toronto for the past years, I'd be very mad at him for dogging it this year.

btw, magpinsan lang sila by law. so wala sa dugo. nasa character lang talaga...

9ino.gif
  • oh well...the nba has its share of players who are spoiled...basketball is a "team" game daw...but thats not always the case....sometimes the "team" is there to keep the "star" happy...and im pretty sure vince and tmac know what they're doing...
  • Alt+Ctrl+DelAlt+Ctrl+Del PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I was wondering how these two would be "dogging" it when they're both heterosexuals. Kala ko tuloy kung ano na. :lol:
  • Sana lang when the fans read these news reports on their admittance of dogging it, they should respond by not voting them as starters sa all star game. Problem lang nga, TMAC and VC seem to be locks to start.
  • bastebaste PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    we'll tmac admitted that it was wrong and he'll make it up in houston... there's so many factors and we don't know them all really tell the whole story.

com'on aside from jordan and maybe garnett who other superstar can you say don't slack off one time in his career.

Tmac is still an all star and a superstar...
    but for carter... i don't like the way he played while in toronto this year... no heart.... in tmac's case, he slacked off.. but he still led the league in scoring last year.
  • yun nga eh, he led the league in scoring for the wrong reasons. gusto lang daw nya i-protect reputation nya. that's lame.
  • Originally posted by baste
    we'll tmac admitted that it was wrong and he'll make it up in houston... there's so many factors and we don't know them all really tell the whole story.

com'on aside from jordan and maybe garnett who other superstar can you say don't slack off one time in his career.

Tmac is still an all star and a superstar...
    but for carter... i don't like the way he played while in toronto this year... no heart.... in tmac's case, he slacked off.. but he still led the league in scoring last year.

TMac is still deserving to be an all star no doubt about it. What I am saying is I hope that the public who votes for starters don't vote him in as one. And his reason to protect his image is very lame. Even if he wasn't the league leader in scoring but his team is winning then he'd get more praise.

As for VC, his all star days are over. He should not be an all star in any way.
  • ^

in tmac's defense, if your teammates just don't do the necessary stuff for the whole team to win, then there's hardly anything else you can do about it anymore. it's a team game. if they suck, you'll lose no matter what. scoring was the only thing that could've reminded the people that he's not like the rest of the team.

and for carter, well, all players who want to get traded can and will slack off just so there would be another reason for the organization to get rid of them quicker. it's also a business so you have to find a way for them to stop holding on to you even when you're unhappy just because you've got a big fan base.
  • Fans voted for Vince and Tracy because they are certainly capable of making spectacular plays, which you know they will certainly do in the all-star game. I don't think the fans give a damn on what they were doing for their respective teams. They are who the fans want to see, and that is what matters.
  • as a leader for the magic last year... TMAC should have given the proper motivations for his teammates... their almost the same team as they were the last (2002- 2003) season... and they almost won the first round...

TMAC even hints of retiring last season... he is extremely talented... of course... but................
  • i never liked t-mac (although yeah,he's talented), and reading this thread (and that article) made me dislike him even more...
  • ^

some people just don't know how to cope with losing. but you can't blame them for not knowing how to handle themselves because they've been so used to winning and all.