PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Malaysia Indonesia to receive relief funds from infidels

Malaysia and Indonesia should not be hyprocritical and accept money from the infidels, just like Iran refused to accept money from the U.S. after last year's earthquake that killed thousands.

Meanwhile, the UN called the U.S. "stingy" for it's initial relief aide of $15,000,000 Million Dollars, however they did not criticized France for giving a laughable $100,000. Powell assured UN that the U.S. will give Billions.

In my opinion, the U.S. should give $0 dollars. Most of the money will be wasted away just like the Oil for Food program when U.N. officials squandered the money away and built mansions across Europe. Kofee Anan's son was involved, btw. Now Anan, is blocking the U.S. effort to view the 48 internal audit documents regarding the Oil for Food program.

Comments

• sadirmatasadirmata saluyot freak PExer
    $100,000 lang?

ang kunat naman ni chirac.
  • LuciusLucius Member PExer
    Self-righteous countries like Britain, France and Germany are all talk. Bono from U2 has probably donated more money than any of these 2 countries combined.
  • elyservaelyserva Crazy Penguin PExer
    I'm still waiting for Bill Gates pledges. BTW, will Bill Gates donations count as a US donation or not?
  • Taco_GrandeTaco_Grande Marxist PExer
    Originally posted by Lucius
    Malaysia and Indonesia should not be hyprocritical and accept money from the infidels, just like Iran refused to accept money from the U.S. after last year's earthquake that killed thousands.
    Are you sure you got your facts right? I think Iran refused the "politicization" of the aid in that it didnt accept a Bush emissary in an official capacity to deliver it. But they did accept the aid: Iran thanks America for earthquake relief.

Secondly, what does that have to do with Indo and Malaysia? Just because a majority of their population share a common religion does that mean they are lock-step with Iran in policies, interests and attitudes towards the U.S? And how can they be "hypocritical"? Did they team up with Iran and arrive at some unified position on the acceptance of aid? Did they advise Iran on rejecting the aid or something? Please explain your understanding of the word hypocrisy and how it applies here.
    Originally posted by Lucius
    In my opinion, the U.S. should give $0 dollars. Most of the money will be wasted away just like the Oil for Food program when U.N. officials squandered the money away and built mansions across Europe.
    So you prefer to see tens of thousands suffering because you've worked out with absolute certainty that any aid directed towards the relief effort will definitely end up being squandered regardless of any auditing procedures that may be set up by the donors? Or are you going by the more simplistic (or rather crude) logic that any past occurence of any phenomena (as in the UN's oil for food case) guarantees its future recurrence forevermore? Either way, Lucius, your argument is flimsily based.
  • gumacaniangumacanian crock`0`shite PExer
    Self-righteous countries like Britain, France and Germany are all talk.

The U.K have pledged 15 million £`s just for starters... Why not just say thankyou or stfu?
  • booksalebooksale Member ✭✭✭
    Are you sure you got your facts right? I think Iran refused the "politicization" of the aid in that it didnt accept a Bush emissary in an official capacity to deliver it. But they did accept the aid: Iran thanks America for earthquake relief.

********! you got it the other way around, dhimmi taco. yung iran ang namumulitika dito, hindi yung U.S.

why do you always have to believe everything from the mullahs?

this is somethat similar to sri lanka, where they refused the offer of help from israel?

(hindi ba may isang iranian athlete rin sa olympics na ayaw makipaglaban sa isang jew? lol.)
  • berlinberlin shape shifter PExer
    Originally posted by gumacanian
    The U.K have pledged 15 million £`s just for starters... Why not just say thankyou or stfu?

Tell that to the UN instead who complained and wouldn't STFU. 30 Million isn't enough for them, I guess, to steal like they did with the Oil for Food money for the Iraqis where billions went missing.

Americans last year gave an estimated $241 billion to charitable causes -- domestic and foreign -- according to a study by Giving USA Foundation. That's up from $234 billion in 2002. The foundation did not break down how much was for domestic causes and how much for foreign.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/12/28/stingy.americans.ap/index.html

I say americans should give $0.

Bill Gates alone gave 3 Billion in the month of October 2004 of his own money and not Microsofts. I don't care how rich you are of if it's tax deductable. Most rich individuals in Europe or Asia don't give anything at all.
    Originally posted by booksale
    ********! you got it the other way around, dhimmi taco. yung iran ang namumulitika dito, hindi yung U.S.

why do you always have to believe everything from the mullahs?

this is somethat similar to sri lanka, where they refused the offer of help from israel?

(hindi ba may isang iranian athlete rin sa olympics na ayaw makipaglaban sa isang jew? lol.)
    Can you understand what you read or what? Read again what Lucius said then read my response that you lifted and the accompanying link. The link is an MSNBC link, not the "mullahs".

What the hell does Sri Lanka have anything to do with this? I assume you think its an Islamic country. Its a Buddhist country! (Muslims are a tiny minority). LOL... you goofed big on this one.

Well booksale (or berlin), I think we've once again caught a glimpse of the narrow world view of a parrot fed on right-wing blogs (twisted or confused further by some sort of reading impairment) and unable to put together a coherent, factual response.
  • Alt+Ctrl+DelAlt+Ctrl+Del Member ✭✭
    As of 1:30 am today, Amazon has collected more than $1.8 million for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief. You'll be amazed at how fast donations from anonymous donors pile up (refresh the page every few seconds and see what I mean).

And that's 1800% more than what France has donated (100,000 euros). For now, at least.
  • Alt+Ctrl+DelAlt+Ctrl+Del Member ✭✭
    In response to my previous statement (see post above), France now has allocated 1.5 million euros in aid.
  • DoctorNODoctorNO 0(-v-)0 PExer
    Would a muslim country give financial aid to a non-muslim country?
    UK has given more per head (population) than almost any other country...Trust me..Its just the start..
    UK has given more per head (population) than almost any other country...Trust me..Its just the start..

nah, probably australia ($27 mil w/ 20,000,000 pop) over UK ($29 mil w/ 60,000,00 pop).
    Can you understand what you read or what? Read again what Lucius said then read my response that you lifted and the accompanying link.

I understand you completely, taco bell. ikaw ang hindi marunong umintindi.
    The link is an MSNBC link, not the "mullahs".

Uhm... the msnbc link was a report on what the leaders of Iran were saying.

And who wields the real power in iran? the mullahs! and where does the feckless khatammi take his orders from? the mullahs!

Besides, I was focusing on your "politicization" comment.

You "think"
    Iran refused the "politicization" of the aid in that it didnt accept a Bush emissary in an official capacity to deliver it.

And I say, BALONEY! Yung Iran leaders ang namumulitika dito and just making excuses to reject the offer, hindi ang US.

(Kasi believe it or not, mas popular pa ang U.S. kaysa sa mga kasalukuyang namumuno na Theocrats ng Iran.)

Kung naniniwala ka sa B.S. nila -- then you're just as paranoid as Khatammi and the mullahs.

besides, the link you provided was dated dec. 30, 2003.

Iran a few days later made a turnaround and rejected that offer around Jan. 2004

Here's a google roundup of the "Iran thanks" links. Sa nakikita ko, halos puro Dec. 2003 ang date nila.

So medyo misleading ang punto mo.
    What the hell does Sri Lanka have anything to do with this? I assume you think its an Islamic country. Its a Buddhist country! (Muslims are a tiny minority). LOL... you goofed big on this one.

Nah, I just thought it was probably another stupid excuse like anti-semitism or anti-israel as the reason... just like iran rejecting U.S. assistance dahil galing sa U.S. gov't ang tulong.

Uhm... the msnbc link was a report on what the leaders of Iran were saying...

Besides, I was focusing on your "politicization" comment...

And I say, BALONEY! Yung Iran leaders ang namumulitika dito and just making excuses to reject the offer, hindi ang US.
    What I said earlier was correct. They didnt accept the U.S.'s assistance as part of an official package led by a Bush appointed delegation... meaning it would have had political ramifications. They DID accept U.S. aid in a non-official, non-political context and which arrived in Iran and did their job:
    CBC News - January 3, 2004

Bill Garvelink, head of the USAID team in Bam, has said the destruction was worse than any quake-zone he had ever seen...

...Mr. Bush had said he was glad Iran accepted U.S. assistance, but its government must embrace democratic freedoms and turn over its detainees from the al Qaeda terror group. Iran says its handling of the al Qaeda detainees is an internal matter.

The U.S. team in Bam has been generally well received by local doctors and residents. Washington and Tehran have had no diplomatic relations since militants seized the U.S. Embassy in the Iranian capital in 1979.
    Had you dug a little further you may have stumbled upon the fact that U.S. aid was received by Iran... but seeing how you worded your google search "iran earthquake bam declines U.S. aid", it only gave you articles emphasizing that point rather than the arrival of U.S. aid/personnel to Iran to do their job. A perfect example of self-induced tunnel vision in the search for facts... tsk, tsk.

Nah, I just thought it was probably another stupid excuse like anti-semitism or anti-israel as the reason... just like iran rejecting U.S. assistance dahil galing sa U.S. gov't ang tulong.
    I doubt very much you would have mentioned Sri Lanka if you knew it was a Buddhist country, as it would have had little relevance to the topic of "infidels" rejecting U.S. aid... it would have served your argument quite well if it was an Islamic country, thats why you mentioned it... fess up, pal... you goofed quite embarassingly here and your attempts to save face are clumsy at best.
  • Darius03Darius03 Member ✭✭✭
    The United States has alwasy been the first in line to help and what has it gotten them? Murderous hatred from many countries, limited appreciation with a short memory from others, and very few countries backing US up when they need it.

And Philippines is one. Throwing the bases out, bad-mouthinhg every US policy. US should help only countries where they are welcome.
    nah, probably australia ($27 mil w/ 20,000,000 pop) over UK ($29 mil w/ 60,000,00 pop).

Like I said..15 mill just the start..
    British gov. now give 50 million £££`s and british public donations hit £21 Million and rising fast...
    Proud to be British today!!
  • LuciusLucius Member PExer
    Actually Brits started with 5 million in case you haven't kept up with the news. Now, up by several millions and also france is up by several millions.

I'm not sure if any of you guys are seeing this, but if you want "instant" cash in the Billions, that's hardly possible in 2 - 3 days, just because the country is "rich" - EU countries included. There's always red tapes.

The UN are supposed to be the sensible people, but with words like that, that hardly required any brain power.

I wonder, this time around how many of these aide money will be pocketed by these *****.
  • lakaylakay Proverbial pain PExer
    We were discussing the same political views in my night class. As I told the class, "Damn the US if we do nothing, and damn if we do something", we can never satisfy what the world want from us. One of the student (which is reserve military) ask one of the student (likely democrat) which doesn't like Bush policy, if any body help the US when we have our hours of need, like 9/11, Mississippi river flooding or california fire. None, no other country send the US any help, US stood by herself with encouraging word from Canada, Britain, Japan and Germany. If you ask me, if your neighbors or anybody else doesn't want you around them, then don't be around them, even in the time of need.
    http://www.buzzmachine.com/archives/2004_12_31.html#008765

The U.S. is now donating $350 Mil...
  • dAyDeTTedAyDeTTe Member PExer
    U.N.: Tsunami aid rises to $2 billion

cnn.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file