Home PEx Business and Careers Pinoy Careers

ok I made up my mind ... I wanna be a nurse!

chelle1688chelle1688 PExer
edited March 25 in Pinoy Careers
Hello cno ba nurse dito sa US? Or just someone who knows something about nursing. Please tell me more about this job.

Comments

• mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    very sexy job!
  • very tiring.. disgusting sometimes.. a thankless job.. but at least i made a difference (or so I think i made a difference..)
  • pinsan ko nga, nag-entrance exam sa UST, UP at FEU for nursing. sana pumasa siya.
  • Nurses?.... Pretty, sexy, charming, caring, beautiful!

Madaling i-date, especially if you're a doctor, more so a surgeon. *okay*
  • I need a sponge bath... STAT!
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by chelle1688
    Hello cno ba nurse dito sa US? Or just someone who knows something about nursing. Please tell me more about this job.

chelle1688:

If you're doing it because of the money, or parental pressure, I hope you think twice about it...It's not an easy job...

Quote from a nurse friend of mine:

"All nurses have to learn to wash butts the right way. We even have a class on how to wash butts properly."
  • it's not easy cuz it's a stressful job, thats why.. trust me.. nway, thats all for now.. i gota go to work.. may duty ako tonight.. :)
    Originally posted by chelle1688
    ok tell more , tell me some of your exp or kung anong alam? how come its not easy? Dalawang years lang naman kailangan then you can work na d b? Well its true because of money but im not gonna be a nurse forever.

I am not a nurse. I can never be one because I lack empathy for people. Besides the idea of washing someone else's butt really grosses me out not to mention that their are other gross things nurses have to do in there jobs like enemas and so forth...
    If you're going to take up just a 2 year associate nursing course, you're definitely starting at the bottom (pun intended).

Besides my friend who said everyone who takes up nursing has to learn to wash butts? Well she studied in an american universty. :)

Look I have nothing against nurses. I think they are doing a great job and all considering caring for sick patients takes strength of character, tremendous patience and lots of empathy and compassion. It's a noble job.

But don't take up nursing for the money. You might regret it.
  • Originally posted by chelle1688
    magkano ba ang suweldo ng nurse? Mas malaki ba kita nito kesa sa computer programmers , ...

In the UK (outside London area), a Grade D nurse would give you 1,800 pounds a month. Grade E would reach 2,500 per month. Add 15 - 20% if you're in London area.

To give you the peso equivalent, multiply that by 109. The sterling pound has gone up against the peso in such a short time. 3 years ago, it was just 78 pesos against the pound. Wheow!
  • Originally posted by Ice Burn

Besides my friend who said everyone who takes up nursing has to learn to wash butts? Well she studied in an american universty. :)

Look I have nothing against nurses. I think they are doing a great job and all considering caring for sick patients takes strength of character, tremendous patience and lots of empathy and compassion. It's a noble job.

But don't take up nursing for the money. You might regret it.

Right. Because the nursing profession is not just about washing butts! You're talking about the carer, or care giver as popularly called in the US and Canada.
  • i have never washed a butt.. and im a nurse in the states...
  • kitang kita ko sa trabaho kung sinong nag-nursing dahil lang sa matinong kita (dito sa US). maikli ang pasensya at tamad. halatang walang malasakit sa pasyente at naghihintay lang na matapos ang shift niya. mapa-pinoy o kano. kaya kung kukuha kayo ng "nursing or whatever" para lang sa praktikal na dahilan, pagdarasal kong wala kayong pasok habang pasyente ako sa ospital.
  • depende kung saang ward ng hospital k mapupunta pag naging nurse ka.pag emergency room o delivery room nurse k,di k nman cguro maghuhugas ng butt dun.momy ko nurse dto s tondo medical center.di p sya nkahugas ng butt ng pasyente.s ibang bansa nman,gagawin mo yun cguro pag naging private nurse k.
  • People here seem to want to reassure our friend that butt washing may (will?) not happen in a nursing career. Shouldn't we really be saying that if her job requires it, a nurse should be ready, willing, and able to wash butts?

Parang sundalo yan. Totoo nga na karamihan ng sundalo magreretiro sa serbisyo, nguni't hindi ba lahat ng sundalo dapat handang mamatay kung kinakailangan?
  • god_of_allgod_of_all PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    tama naman silang lahat eh. wag ka talagang pupunta sa nursing kung alam mong hindi ka para sa course na to.

but the thing is, may ibang taong hesitant na kumuha ng nursing at first... but later on learn to love what they do. kung di mo feel ang nursing but still decide to take it up, sana maging ganito ka.

otherwise, wag na lang. marami rami na rin akong taong nakitang umiyak dahil stuck sila in one way or another sa course namin. and its not a pretty sight.
  • ust is the best in nursing.

you see, they have been nursing broken hearts and egos since it dawned on them that high school vales avoid them like the plague.
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    fyi, the thread starter is not in the philippines & a big chance of not attending any university in the philippines.

maka epal nga lang naman oh.

chelle, do what your heart tells you. you can still go back to school anytime. financial aid would help you & if you take up nursing. you'll get to pay off your loan easy.
  • i have tons of cousins and friends who decided to drop their current majors and take up nursing (here in the US). and i have some who are already nurses. they all HATE it. its demanding, it can get dirty, and most of the time daw, its a thankless job. however, for practical reasons, i do think being a nurse is an excellent idea right now (even i stopped to consider that). BUT i think, its a calling. you can't be a nurse if you really don't feel like being one. if you just do it for the money, and not because you want to help people and empathize with them and make their hospital stay better, then you'll just end up miserable. rich, but miserable

:*)
  • I am studying to be a nurse...

I took CNA classes to get me started... yup.. you do have to know how to wash somebody else's butt...

The only thing I hate about nursing is getting in to a nursing school!!!! Darn it! There's two year waitlist to all community colleges. If you really want to go all the trouble just to get into the program then I guess you really have the desire to be an RN...

Oh well... patience is a virtue and it is all worth the wait....

My advice to you my dear, do whatever your heart tells you...