Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

anyone been to SHANGHAI??

any of u gys been to sahnghai china?
share naman, what to do, where to go..etc..
thanks

Comments

• don't forget to get one of those calling cards of the hotel with the small map. it's the only way to get back to the hotel if you take the taxi. nobody speaks english so prepare your body language. where actually in shanghai are you going? if you are arriving at Pudong airport try to catch the hote bus shuttle which would cost around RMB 35. Pag naloko ka and would take one of those contracted cabs it would cost RMB400.
  • batuan, ako i took a cab from the pudong airport going to renaissance and they charged me 200RMB. may resibo pa ;)

drjeff, i've been to shanghai and it's a nice place. pipiliin mo lang yung areas na pupuntahan mo kasi medyo filthy yung ibang lugar. shempre the main attraction is yung bund, then yung nanjing road for shopping. may napuntahan din akong aquarium/park, i forgot the name. ganda din.
  • katie: mukhang naloko nga ako. pero pagod na me at ayaw ko na mag-isip. opisina naman bayad eh. :P

dr jeff: don't forget Yuan garden. doon lang ako nakakita ng starbucks na naiiba.
  • Don't forget to visit the museum.
  • batuan, i saw that starbucks too! pero is it just me, or do they put coconut milk in their coffee? Hehe lasang gata kasi eh! :P
  • bumping this thread up...

Any suggestion what hotel to stay? Ung hotel na accessible and maraming mapupuntahan. Preferrably below $90 per night
  • How modern na ba ang Shanghai?

Ayoko kasi ng super Chinatown look and feel.
  • Visit the Shanghai's Ocean Aquarium, nag enjoy talaga kami dito.Try nyo rin Yuan Garden,pAg nasa Yuan Garden , ChinaTown talaga ang dating, pero sarap mag shopping, aga ka lang umuwi kase, hirap kumuha ng taxi. Modern na ang Shanghai, kaya lng konti lang marunong mag english, hirap kang mag explain lalo sa mga cab drivers. Naghanap ako ng rice, grabe , walang rice!!! hehehhe
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wala bang makakainan na ok? :forkangel:

:rpflag:
  • Kikay_gurl, Wlang rice?!?! Ang dami dami ah. Saang resto ka ba kumakain?

Yup, better ask ur hotel staff to write the chinese words of the place your going to. Or else you might get lost.

Shanghai is sooo modern.... parang makati na. You won't feel your in china at all unless you saw the people (they wore up-to-date clothes you know) and hear their language.

Musique,if you don't like chinatown look and feel, why don't you travel some other country instead? :glee:
  • GilmoreGal wrote:
    Kikay_gurl, Wlang rice?!?! Ang dami dami ah. Saang resto ka ba kumakain?

Yup, better ask ur hotel staff to write the chinese words of the place your going to. Or else you might get lost.

Shanghai is sooo modern.... parang makati na. You won't feel your in china at all unless you saw the people (they wore up-to-date clothes you know) and hear their language.

Musique,if you don't like chinatown look and feel, why don't you travel some other country instead? :glee:

actually, it's better than makati (i think) :D
  • florenofloreno PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    which is beter for shopping ... Shanghai or Shenzhen
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ Definitely Shanghai. ;)

Travel tips: affix your signatures on your paper bills, especially the large ones. Fake money is a problem in China, especially in flea markets. The usual modus operandi is when you pay large bills, they're going to return it to you because your bill is supposedly fake. What you don't know is that they've switched your real bill with a fake one. By affixing your signature, you'll know which bill is yours.

Also, bring a map, especially when travelling by cab. What cab drivers do is they drive you around in circles to increase the fare.
  • florenofloreno PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ One more advice on Large Bills: If you have a tour guide....exchange your large bills (50s and 100s RMB) into small
    breakdowns of bills (10s and 5s).... cause they wont be bothered
    for fake money when the domination is small.

As usual....locate a rose flower stamp on your large bills for authentication..
  • CeBIT Asia 2005
    Shanghai New International Expo Centre
    Shanghai, China
    11-14 May 2005
  • floreno

Can't say, i've never been to shenzen, some stores in shanghai are pretty expensive. YOu just have to find a certain place like a bazaar type to buy cheap goods/souvenirs
  • beijing ba mas ok or shanghai??
  • i've heard its really nice here
  • Beijing if you want to see traditional china
    Shanghai for modern china
  • may nakatry na ba sainyo magaral sa shanghai?

i might go there sa september, sa sjtu to study mandarin for 4 months....

pinsan ko nandun ngayon.. and masaya siya, how bout you guys, may nakatry na ba ?