FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

RP Team Coach: Chot Reyes

BatsBats newbie Turntablist PExer
Four PBA Coaches are being considered for the job.

- Joel Banal
- CHot Reyes
- Tim Cone
- Yeng Guiao

Take your pick!

"Coaching RP Team would be a dream come true.
I've been ready for six years. "
-Chot Reyes

Comments

• AnthonyServinioAnthonyServinio Member In Focus ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Bats
    Four PBA Coaches are being considered for the job.

- Joel Banal
    - CHot Reyes
    - Tim Cone
    - Yeng Guiao

Take your pick!
    Mas magaling sa mga iyan si Johny Tam, ang pinakamagaling na assistant coach sa FedEx! :rolleyes:
  • miller31miller31 Member PExer
    If ever we would have a RP team coached, he should sign a contract stipulating the following:
    1. He will only render his services solely to the national team. which means he would not be coaching any collegiate, amateur or professional team during tenure as the national team's task master.
    2. He will have not have any other job whatsoever as long as he is the national coach.

Harsh? Nope it is not. the national team coach should devote all of his time for the benefit of the national team. in return, he must be well compensated, remember that his salary will come from the people's money. also, the concerned agencies must willingly provide the funds necessary for the preparation of the team for international competitions.

my two cents ;)
  • ariBalaHariBalaH ..of the desert PExer
    Originally posted by miller31
    If ever we would have a RP team coached, he should sign a contract stipulating the following:
    1. He will only render his services solely to the national team. which means he would not be coaching any collegiate, amateur or professional team during tenure as the national team's task master.
    2. He will have not have any other job whatsoever as long as he is the national coach.

Hmm.... not be coaching any collegiate, amateur or professional team during his tenure? no other job whatsoever when he coach?

Ryan Gregorio? :D
  • Big TicketBig Ticket Fortune hater!!!! PExer
    Originally posted by miller31

Harsh? Nope it is not. the national team coach should devote all of his time for the benefit of the national team. in return, he must be well compensated, remember that his salary will come from the people's money. also, the concerned agencies must willingly provide the funds necessary for the preparation of the team for international competitions.

my two cents ;)

at cno magbabayad sa kanya? the government? malabo yan!

my pick is CHOT REYES....
    Originally posted by AnthonyServinio
    Mas magaling sa mga iyan si Johny Tam, ang pinakamagaling na assistant coach sa FedEx! :rolleyes:

over qualified na yan si johnny tam...masyado na sya marami nabibigay na kahihiyan sa pilipinas.....
  • air_presto2air_presto2 SB ng San Agustin ✭✭
    CHOT REYES syempre!
    Pag gus2 nyo ng katatawanan, c RYAN GREGORIO na lang!
  • pejapeja Member PExer
    CHOT REYES is the rational choice as national team mentor. The guy is more than ready (he has nothing more to prove in the local leagues). And I like his philosophy of not relying on a big post up player, w/c in my opinion is our weakest link when we form a national team (no more Asi and Harp).

The Coke job can easily be filled by Binky Favis who I also think is ripe for a PBA head coaching job.

My unsolicited advice to Chot though is not to select any questionnable fil-ams (Reavis, Pena, etc). He might regret it if some rival national teams later question their eligibility.
  • BatsBats newbie Turntablist PExer
    ^^

Yeah. He knows how to coach a team without a dominant big man. Coke doesn't even have a lot of outside shooters! It's amazing how his team was able to win a lot of games with the kind of lineup that he has.
  • JustMikeJustMike Member PExer
    chot reyes din for me!

he studied the way argentina plays basketball (he said on his interviews)
  • JustMikeJustMike Member PExer
    pumunta daw siya sa argentina to look at how they train, pati he attented the los angeles lakers coaching seminar or something yata (di ako sure)

can anyone confirm this?
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    Chot Reyes!!
  • Grr_tigerGrr_tiger dA_migHtY_TiGEr PExer
    Originally posted by JustMike
    pumunta daw siya sa argentina to look at how they train, pati he attented the los angeles lakers coaching seminar or something yata (di ako sure)

can anyone confirm this?

that's correct! in fact, he joined the Lakers' practices.

when Chot Reyes was the RP Centennial Team scout, he also went to the 1998 World Basketball Championships in Athens to checkout China and Japan.

i'm in favor of Chot because of his impressive achievements as Coca Cola's coach in the past two years.

wish ko nga someone from outside the PBA yung magiging coach para full-time job nya yung RP Team. but whoever gets picked, he could make the other three as assistant coaches or consultants.

:rpflag:
  • vicaimmonenvicaimmonen Green and White PExer
    My choice will be Chot Reyes or Tim Cone. Magkasama na sila sa 1998 team that placed third in that tourney. Pati malaking factor yung strategy ni Chot na he doesn't rely too much on post players and he delivers the goods for Coke without a decent outside shooter.

That means Chot can really lead the national team because when he picks his players (if ever he will be chosen to coach the national team), e magkakaroon siya ng all-around players (shooters, slashers, rebounders, and good point guards that can run the tempo and pace of the game) that will further increase his chances of bringing good results from our ABC campaigns starting next year.
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink panda is going to eat you ✭✭✭
    magawa nga ng bagong thread...

ryan gregorio o johnny tam? :D
  • basbrbasbr Member PExer
    chot reyes

wag lang si joel banal. his only game plan is to take in asi taulava.
  • dayspindayspin epal is my name PExer
    yah si banal ...naka concentrate sa big man ang play...

buti na lang naka-adjust sila ngayon without asi,,.
  • ateneo10ateneo10 buying Magic cards PM me PExer
    Originally posted by basbr
    wag lang si joel banal. his only game plan is to take in asi taulava.

tnt IS on top of the team standings... without asi. and if you'll tell me how dominant a big man telan is...
    Originally posted by ateneo10
    tnt IS on top of the team standings... without asi. and if you'll tell me how dominant a big man telan is...

d mo ata na-gets yun sinabi ah....
  • corkyromanocorkyromano Member PExer
    Originally posted by ateneo10

you can't compare asi to mark telan.

i bet joel banal's chances has diminished because of his statements.
  • BatsBats newbie Turntablist PExer
    What Ateneo10 means is that JOel Banal doesn't rely on his big men anymore. Yung system nya is guard oriented na.

but i'd still pick CHot reyes :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file