Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

National Treasure

124»

Comments

• The movie really reminds you of Da Vinci Code.. hope that the movie (Da Vinci Code) will be different from National Treasure...
  • parang me kulang,...hmmm,...walang namatay,..hehehe
  • Originally posted by anya_lang
    i liked the movie naman. it was entertaining. didn't think it was a da vinci code rip-off.

i agree. the movie was actually a story to protect the declaration of independence against the bad guys and to prove critics/skeptics wrong that the quest by generations of the gates family (led by the character of nic cage) is no wild goose chase. when the trail led to the declaration, gates had refused to go any further with the treasure hunt, but was forced to because he does not want the declaration and the treasure ending up with the bad guys. the da vinci code, on the other hand, is not exactly a treasure hunt, but a search for the secrets ("truth") of the Holy Grail that is said to shake the foundations of the Vatican. thus, although there maybe some similarities with respect to both movie and book being a story of a search using clues, and in so far as references to secret brotherhoods like the Freemasons that is predominant in the movie than in the da vinci code book, the movie is no rip-off in the sense that the objects of the search are different things, and there is more to mere buried treasure as suggested in the book. it might be worth mentioning that dan brown mentioned that walt disney is a mason. i find it quite curious that this movie was made under the direct label of the "walt disney" (or the family entertainment) movie outfit instead of being under affiliate movie production groups of walt disney like touchstone pictures. perhaps this gives the movie a subliminal message that parts of the references (or clues) highlighted in the movie (like the design of the US dollar bills, etc.) are portrayed as true.
  • janray:)janray:) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    up ko lang to... kasi fave movie ko to sa taong 2004...

sa sm fairview meron pa nito eh nag-open ito noong nov. 24 pa ata.. so 3 months ang tinagal nito sa theater, galing.
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ...saw it only today. Ano na ngang nangyari dun sa treasure? Maingay kasi sa bahay e.
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    Just saw this today. Awesome movie. Will pick it up on DVD later.

pandafish2jp.gif