Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

Classical music FM radio station 98.7 DZFE

Anyone here who listens to classical music in the morning, on FM? That's on 98.7 DZFE-FM, "The Master's Touch".

It's actually an evangelical Christian-owned radio station (by Far East Broadcasting Company or FEBC) and sad to say, it only plays up to 1 or 2 pm daily.

What's refreshing about it is the great music of classical masters. The problem is that they use old vinyl records and tapes, so madalas may loud HISS accompanying the divine music.:confused:

What I like about them is that they don't have commercials and whatever commercial segments they have, is usually to inform people about self-improvement and business or Bible seminars upcoming, or some DZFE or FEBC project.

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    mahina reception nya actually
  • Well, since I work in Makati, in a tall office building, I get their signal quite loud and clear, yun nga lang may hiss, kasi you're right...mahina nga signal, tapos tapes or plaka pa ang karamihan ng pieces nila. Pero it's great nonetheless.
  • In other countries, classical music is played 24/7. In Singapore and Taiwan, it was partly supported by the government. I pity most of the Filipinos, who chose to listen to commercialized overplayed music over the music of the masters that never runs out of style unlike most of the modern songs out there.

Sadly, classical music here is identified as "elitist" by most Filipinos. It shouldn't be the case. If the masses start to embrace classical music, morality in our country will have a revival.

And to think they even have to accommodate FEBC's "modern Christian rock radio at 10PM" for that. How pitiful!
  • Years ago this station was playing classical music until 12AM.
  • I couldn't help looking back at DZFE a few years after I last posted here on this thread. It has sunk into such a deplorable state that they now regularly do not air on Sundays, and during weekdays, their airtime schedule has been staggered into two parts, the times when their target audience "the CEOs" will be able to listen.

I now have broadband, and I can easily get a classical music station from the States and beyond at higher bitrates, meaning clearer quality streams. If you were in my place, why would I bother with getting classical music traditionally over analog radio.

I guess FEBC should consider retiring this station since most of its target audience on DZFE can afford broadband connection nowadays anyway. It could spell their doom once mobile internet radio becomes commonplace.
  • Count me in,i love tuning in to this radio station,Classical music never fail to amuse me and will never be...

I remember when the clock strikes at 10:30 AM my siblings and i are all ears on this radio station because of Francis Kong's segment... (forgive me i forgot the title of the show).

I just wonder who finance this radio station since its commercial free.
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edching908 wrote: »
    Sadly, classical music here is identified as "elitist" by most Filipinos. It shouldn't be the case. If the masses start to embrace classical music, morality in our country will have a revival.

And to think they even have to accommodate FEBC's "modern Christian rock radio at 10PM" for that. How pitiful!

E, talagang makikitang elitist yan! Queen's English ang salita ng mga dj. Mahihirapan maka-relate ang mga masa roon. I agree hindi dapat isama ang Christian rock kasi dapat preserve ang classical identity niya. Sana ang isama Avant Garde music kagaya yung kay John Cage.

Morality? Revival? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Nagpapatawa ka ba? Wala sa music iyan kundi sa kalooban ng tao. Kahit Cannibal Corpse pinakikinggan mo araw-araw hindi ibig sabihin wala kang kapabilidad na gumawa ng kabutihan. Siyanga pala, alam mo bang me homosexual affairs si Leonard Bernstein at si Tchaikovsky?
  • crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TTT again. I think it is crucial for DZFE to Filipinize the station in order to survive. How do we make classical music appeal to the masses? In the morning rush hours, taxi and jeepney drivers need something light to start the day ex. Vivaldi's 4 Seasons (actually this is often played at the show "Classical Drive" at 7 am. At noon, the music should be a bit harder and preferably more danceable --Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, Itik-Itik, etc. At night, play light music again--classical guitar pieces, light opera, etc. Hire more Tagalog-speaking DJs who could help the listeners appreciate the music. Better yet, hire DJs who also have backgrounds in rock and classical, perhaps a fan of Perf de Castro. Create more contests and Christian counseling portions. But don't overdo them because as a classical music station it should also keep a refined identity. Introduce more Filipino composers-- Levi Celerio, Lucresia Kasilag, Perf de Castro...

At night, the station could play sarsuwela or Tagalog musicals (if any). Pinoys love dramas or comedies at night. It might conflict with TV telenovelas so perhaps we could adjust the time slot a little bit.

O nga pala, why not play the classical soundtracks of different films and video games -- Metal Gear Solid, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Simpsons, Super Mario Brothers. Siguro naman meron din yung Anak ng Panday, Dubai...dami pa!

Hmm...why not send all our suggestions to the station itself?
  • ^^^you have a very good suggestion crocopie but the thing is i guess FEBC who manned DZFE lacks the finances to do it,thats why due to financial constaraints they have to split their programming by two,thats almost 40% of their air time since they dont broadcast on Sundays
  • i miss this station. the signal is sooo weak.
  • DZFE is now back on air..... Maganda naman yung station lalong lalo ang mga classical music at walang pinapatugtog na commercials.
  • TheYoungbloodTheYoungblood PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I love this station. I used to switch to this station every midnight to calm my feelings. I love some violins and more of Mozart's.
  • pa-Promote po.

*okay*DealSpot Philippines*okay*
    photo.php?fbid=111311138932923&set=a.108766962520674.15086.108766615854042

http://www.facebook.com/DealSPOTPhilippines

*We'll be giving away one (1) P300 worth of load TODAY! Just "LIKE" us on our official Facebook Fan Page. Then send us your mobile number. We will raffle it at exactly 5PM today.

Thank you.
  • paenggoypaenggoy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Excellent programming, now with a website, news web log, etc.

http://dzfe.febc.ph/

http://dzfe.febc.ph/classicallive/

with a Facebook group link in the main site.
  • Did you guys know its genre extends to oldies and jazz? It also report foreign news.
    This, in my opinion, is one of the best station. The reception isn't that great but not a problem if you have a working antenna.

If only people are more adventurous with their radio, instead of listening to some radiojocks talking to each other on insignificant and trivial matters with full of nonsense. *cough*89.9*cough* (no offense)
  • paenggoypaenggoy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    There's also 104.3, which has Broadway tunes, both OPM and traditional Filipino music, oldies, etc.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Did you guys know its genre extends to oldies and jazz? It also report foreign news.
    This, in my opinion, is one of the best station. The reception isn't that great but not a problem if you have a working antenna.

If only people are more adventurous with their radio, instead of listening to some radiojocks talking to each other on insignificant and trivial matters with full of nonsense. *cough*89.9*cough* (no offense)

You can always try out RJ 100 and DWBR 104.3. I happen to enjoy listening to Broadcasters' Bureau every morning. Sets my mood for the entire day. :D
  • thanks j5bata. i'll try those stations.

i know what you mean about the mood. lalo na while in a car and pag ma traffic, it sometimes help deactivate your frustations
  • thank yiou brother, its really nice and i listen the readio on my mobile phone,

free Ads
  • SeldomlSeldoml PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    My mobile phone's radio is set to DZFE. Although I don't get to listen much. I usually play my stored music.

But I'm happy that it's now broadcasting full time: Mon-Sat 600-2400