Home PEx Campus Ateneo de Manila University

Ateneo de Manila Law School

guys...info naman.my cousin and I are planning to enter Ateneo Law school. Currently im a senior ab-eco major in Ateneo Katipunan and my cousin is currently enrolled in Ust. What are the requirements? thnx...

Comments

• Try looking at their website. It may have the information you require.
  • i took the entrance exam last november 6.

the requirements i submitted to the admissions committee:

- photocopy of collegiate transcript and a certification of candidacy for graduation prior to entrance in the law course appended to the transcript.

- 2 2x2 ID picture (any color)

- 1 1x1 ID picture (red background)

- payment of testing fee of P1,200 :*)
  • Originally posted by yEyAn_21
    i took the entrance exam last november 6.

the requirements i submitted to the admissions committee:

- photocopy of collegiate transcript and a certification of candidacy for graduation prior to entrance in the law course appended to the transcript.

- 2 2x2 ID picture (any color)

- 1 1x1 ID picture (red background)

- payment of testing fee of P1,200 :*)

Mas maaga na ngayon mga testing date nila. Before mga January pa o Feb yung mga pasahan ng requirements and exams. Eto naman question ko: okay lang kaya na pumasok sa law school although ang pre-law ko is engineering?

:flamer:
  • Originally posted by vicaimmonen
    Mas maaga na ngayon mga testing date nila. Before mga January pa o Feb yung mga pasahan ng requirements and exams.

QUALIFYING EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE JURIS DOCTOR (J.D.) COURSES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2005-2006 SHALL BE HELD FROM 7:30 A.M. - 12:00 NOON ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:

NOVEMBER 6 & 20, 2004
    DECEMBER 11, 2004
    JANUARY 8, 15 & 22, 2005
    FEBRUARY 26, 2005
  • Eto naman question ko: okay lang kaya na pumasok sa law school although ang pre-law ko is engineering?

oo naman! :*)
  • eli_xandereli_xander PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hey!!!

i had the idea the post intends to seek some helpful tips on how to get into law school..

and in haliniku_eagle's preference , the ateneo law school.

though i aspire to get into law school myself, (not necessarily the ateneo..) i seek pexers to qive us a picture what to expect that we may quite fortify ourselves to the rigor of law school.

but as i see it... i think i may get second thoughts if the debates i will anticipate are how stupid this and that school is... or how stupendous the passing rate were.

kasi i believe that however marvelous previous passing rate were, will not be a good insurance of my personal success in the future.

also, i am an engineering student. i may think that i might be sluggish in juxtapose to my legal management, pol sci batchmates and others. i'd like to think that my training in the sciences and mathematical discipline may prove lackluster to them. i am in electronics and communications engg by the way.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    I got rid of some of the posts which got the discussion diverted. As to the question of the appropriateness of an engineering background as preparation for a legal career - I know several lawyers who have done exactly that, and are successful today.

I think what matters more is that you are committed to the profession, and that you are ready to use your time, talent, and discipline in the study and practice of the law. If the school authorities will admit you, that should mean they think you have what it takes.

If I were asked to decide on your case, though, I would probably want to know when you decided to pursue a law career, and your reasons. I will be assuming that law school wasn't really part of your plans when you chose a course for college. After all, engineering is a five-year (maybe longer) program, while more traditional "pre-law" courses take only four years. Why did you spend that extra year?
  • so, would that mean we'd get some advice on upper class men and alumni?

keep them coming please!
  • Originally posted by KuyaDanny
    I got rid of some of the posts which got the discussion diverted. As to the question of the appropriateness of an engineering background as preparation for a legal career - I know several lawyers who have done exactly that, and are successful today.

I think what matters more is that you are committed to the profession, and that you are ready to use your time, talent, and discipline in the study and practice of the law. If the school authorities will admit you, that should mean they think you have what it takes.

If I were asked to decide on your case, though, I would probably want to know when you decided to pursue a law career, and your reasons. I will be assuming that law school wasn't really part of your plans when you chose a course for college. After all, engineering is a five-year (maybe longer) program, while more traditional "pre-law" courses take only four years. Why did you spend that extra year?

ooops sorry about that Kuya DAnny!

yup, it is no longer unusual to have engineer-lawyers or doctor-lawyers although I believe that the law requires you should only practice only one profession even if you have the license for two professions.

Good luck!
  • Ayos na nickname ah, Kolmogorov...somewhat related to Kolmogorov-Smirnov, I studied that in my Discrete Simulation course nung college. Pero tama siya, you have to choose only 1 profession ata, ganun din sabi ng dad ko eh. Pero sana in the future magawa ko ito.

:flamer:
  • aga ng ateneo this year a. hmm, i know, you need to have to haveate least a required number of units in english, social science, econ, and history if you're not from the ff. courses:

econ, polsci, philo, history ;)
  • hi! totoo po b n may testing date sa feb 12? kung gusto ko po na magtest sa feb26 kailn ako kukuha ng application form? kailan po b nag deadline ng passing ng requirements uuu salamat
  • i took the exam last january 8.
  • ^ *okay*

I just hope you'll crack the test.
    Trust me, you'll suit well in Ateneo.
  • hi! i'm about to take the entrance exam for the ateneo law school on feb 12. i'm just wondering what type of exam do i have to expect? ano ba coverage and how long will the exam be? thanks
  • ^^ halos three hours lang ang exam. 40 minutes each. three parts 'yung exam.
  • its an advantage if you took up up Polsci, legal mgt, philo, but its not THAT big of an advantage. in ateneo law, i had classmates who were math majors, computer science majors, etc...etc... but courses which are not traditionally "pre-law", minsan kulang sa units for english (usually). i was a polsci major from ateneo de manila, BUT believe me, it seemed like there wasnt much difference between me and my classmates who were math majors. :D

regarding the test, i found it easier and SHORTER than UP Law's test. Basic information, tipong IQ test or typical college entrance exam. Just relax the night before your test and sleep well!

if you really want to be a lawyer, then be prepared to sacrifice a whole lot!

:*)
  • Can somebody provide me an idea of how much it will cost if ever I want to study law in Ateneo (tuition fees, miscellaneous, books, etc.)? I can't see any data in the website that provides a breakdown of the expenses per semester. I'm planning to enrol either this school year or next school year but I don't know if I can afford to study law in Ateneo. Thanks a lot.
  • Can somebody provide me an idea of how much it will cost if ever I want to study law in Ateneo (tuition fees, miscellaneous, books, etc.)? I can't see any data in the website that provides a breakdown of the expenses per semester. I'm planning to enrol either this school year or next school year but I don't know if I can afford to study law in Ateneo. Thanks a lot.

i believe the tuition will set you back around P45k per semester.
  • P45,000 per sem sa Ateneo? Kaya na (yahoo! hehe). I thought kasi nung una that it's around P60,000 per sem.