Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

pacific coast highway

i had the privelege to drive along this very famous scenic highway in california. it's breathtaking to drive from la to san francisco along highway 1. it's a recommended drive if you happen to be in califonia. :)

Comments

• DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yeah, but it's an ***** pain to drive that long. I'll just take the I-5 and handle the smell of cattle dung and push my speed to 80mph.
  • that's such a grumpy response. i know that most of highway 1 has a 55mph speed limit but it makes of for the scenery and so much history on that road. i can see your from southern califonia, you should know that highway 1 has more than great view it has great history to it as well.
  • Someday, I'd love to try and drive through this highway. Someday...
  • yes i agree pch is an excellent route to take heading back south from the bay area.. steady lang ang byahe.. but only if you're not in a hurry to go back home..
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by lalimarie
    that's such a grumpy response. i know that most of highway 1 has a 55mph speed limit but it makes of for the scenery and so much history on that road. i can see your from southern califonia, you should know that highway 1 has more than great view it has great history to it as well.

Not grumpy. Practical. Given a chance to drive between the 5 and 1 from SF to LA and vise versa, which highway provides a faster route? :D
  • the first time we travelled from LA to san fran, we took the I-5, hundreds of cows and stinky smell and all those.. plus the windmills... and the endless field of tomatoes or grapes or whatever those plants are...

second time, we took the PCH.. i just gotta say... the best view ever! first the beach, with all the houses down in sta barbara, then those gorgeous ala 'sound of music' mountains, very green and it just so happens may rainbow din' ung dumaan kami.. ang ganda!!! we also stopped over the Madonna Inn, dun pala ang setting sa Somewhere in Time (christopher reeve movie), ganda! wow talaga!!! on the way home we stopped over this cliff and saw some dolphins ^^

yea the PCH takes longer but that was the fastest 8 hours of my life.. kulang pa nga! you can hardly notice the time since your focus is mainly on the amazing, surreal view that's right in front of you...

PCH is definitely a must-see/drive-through... hehe. way better than the I-5. way way better!
  • Originally posted by Dunedain
    Not grumpy. Practical. Given a chance to drive between the 5 and 1 from SF to LA and vise versa, which highway provides a faster route? :D

oh give her a break. im sure she went to california to see the beauty of it, not smell cow dung.
  • mac326mac326 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    siguro for a tourist, highway 1 is the best option. everytime i take a vacation to california, highway 1 is always in our itenerary kasi maganda nga yung scenery.
  • i actually lived in the states, i now moved back to manila. i wasn't a tourist nor a fisrt timer. i just happen to like pch so i posted in pinoy exchange and recommend it to some pinoys who might want to see scenic california.
  • oh crap, i dont think i'd wanna pass by the 1 from SF-LA again. it's scenic and beautiful, but the road's too winding, esp @ big sur... (never-ending)

i just found out when we arrived here in LA that my other relatives who rode in another car were singing hymns and praying for their lives because they got really scared. Oh, and my poor aunt even puked that night.

sorry

--isnt sta barbara on 101 already?
  • ang nakita ko palang na PCH eh yung hanggang torrance.. :rotflmao:

borrowedblink109.gif
  • yes sta. barbara is on 101
  • aww yeah PCH.
    drove from LA to Mexico... scenic!