Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

Paano at saan palalaguin ang lampas PH₱1,000,000?

gumacaniangumacanian PExer
edited March 2019 in Banking and Finance
Just thought I would up the stakes a little ..
Stock market? Apartment rentals? franchise? Time deposit? What?

Comments

• off shore, forex, a good condo to rent, or a house and lot to rent also. something were i don't have to put a lot of effort into, w/c is why i didn't put in franchise as one of my choices. that requires hands on work. so i'm looking for minimal effort with my investment options. :)
  • Condo?where? Build new or purchase ready built? How many?
    Expected income? Personally I think I`d favour apartments..10/15 doors..But where? 5 mill enough?
  • Lend it to me??? :glee:

... with reasonable interest of course...

Kidding aside, if I had 5 million bucks, I would invest it in Real Estate...
  • a condo in makati most likely. apartments are also good. sure, 5mill is enough if you look in the right places-- but, i'm not sure you can get a lot of doors with that.

i'm not sure if i'd buid a new one or renovate. i think that it would depend on the situation that i'm in, and i'll take the best option possible.
  • 1m into phisix equities
    1m seperated evenly into rtb's, time deposit, index, and mutual funds
    option1: 3m converted to dollars then put into a back to back loan purchasing an apartel or leasing condo's

apartels and condo's are converted into "masa" dorms and rented out to student as its easier collecting payments from them.

option2: 3m converted to dollars then put into a back to back loan leasing land then purchasing containers at 20k each. and converting this into apartment style homes. rent this out to the masa. higher risk higher returns due to low cost startup.

option3: 3m converted to dollars then put into a back to back loan purchasing a small comercial complex and then converting this into smaller sections for a tiange style comercial complex
  • get a franchise

kamiseta/bench = 3M
    henlin = 1M

dami pa iba, hanap ka lang sa web. yun pa lang alam ko kasi i'm eyeing on those franchises.

or maybe start your own business, like a coffee shop or something...
  • Originally posted by SILENTMAX
    1m into phisix equities
    1m seperated evenly into rtb's, time deposit, index, and mutual funds
    option1: 3m converted to dollars then put into a back to back loan purchasing an apartel or leasing condo's

apartels and condo's are converted into "masa" dorms and rented out to student as its easier collecting payments from them.

option2: 3m converted to dollars then put into a back to back loan leasing land then purchasing containers at 20k each. and converting this into apartment style homes. rent this out to the masa. higher risk higher returns due to low cost startup.

option3: 3m converted to dollars then put into a back to back loan purchasing a small comercial complex and then converting this into smaller sections for a tiange style comercial complex

Now this I like!!
    I have seen this done with containers in Europe ...I would like to see the various designs and way they are stacked and how they are altered etc to create liveable dorms.. I wonder what kind of planning consent is required..Also how are they to be insulated from hot weather..How are they fitted out in the interior?
  • http://www.jonespartners.com/procon.html

MAX... This might be a silly question but where do you buy a 40 ft container?
  • contact your nearest customs broker. more likely than not they know a couple of people selling 40 ft containers usual price 20k-25k

i also know of a completely refurbished home converted 20 ft container for 20k looks real nice with windows and aircon support.

for hot weather there is an insulated foam that you could apply to the walls and the roof its a mix of thin aluminum and foam. though this doesnt remove a lot of the heat so an exhaust is recomemded or for the slightly well off an aircon.

the links you gave out doesnt really imply masa. looks a little luxury you should see the container apartels in manila. looks like bricks just bunched together. organized into the smallest sections. kinda like sardines. but the families dont complain as long as its livable.

my relative runs an apartment style complex like this. she makes a killing in rent.
  • OK thanks.. Do you know of any planning or building consent issues with these container structures?
    What areas of Manila are they best suited for?
    Im wondering if there would be complaints by resident commitees in even low end sub divs.
    Ideally I would clad the front elevation with marine ply and apply an exterior texture to avoid the units looking too downmarket..
    Where in Manila are these massa container apartels that you mention Max? are they on ground level or are they stacked higher?
    Thanks again .
  • Capital Investment sa AMWSLA!:D I'll get 500K every 6 months. That's enough for me to live comfortable (not luxuriously) for the rest of my life!:D
  • Originally posted by elyserva
    Capital Investment sa AMWSLA!:D I'll get 500K every 6 months. That's enough for me to live comfortable (not luxuriously) for the rest of my life!:D

I seem to remember you mentioning that investment in AMWSLA will not be available to any of us here...So whats the point eh?:confused:
  • Originally posted by gumacanian
    OK thanks.. Do you know of any planning or building consent issues with these container structures?
    What areas of Manila are they best suited for?
    Im wondering if there would be complaints by resident commitees in even low end sub divs.
    Ideally I would clad the front elevation with marine ply and apply an exterior texture to avoid the units looking too downmarket..
    Where in Manila are these massa container apartels that you mention Max? are they on ground level or are they stacked higher?
    Thanks again .

sorry thats all i know.
    the apartments are in the qc cubao area.
    they are stacked higher.

ill post again if i dig up some more info on this.
  • ill post again if i dig up some more info on this.

I`d appreciate it,thanks!!
  • Originally posted by gumacanian
    I seem to remember you mentioning that investment in AMWSLA will not be available to any of us here...So whats the point eh?:confused:
    Well, the the thread says "if you had 5 million, how would u invest it?", so I'm just answering the question!:D
  • condo units near U-belt na exclusively for girls! may chicks ka na, may pera ka pa :glee:
  • condo units near U-belt na exclusively for girls! may chicks ka na, may pera ka pa

Yeah but they may only want to pay me rent ....in kind...
    Good man!! Top idea!!
  • Renting out apartment or condos, especially to the massa is highly NOT recommended. I've known and talked to a lot of people in this business and they all would be rather doing something else. The law here leans toward protecting the tenant, not landlords. You'll encounter a couple of tenants who won't pay or constantly delay their rent. It's even more common when you're dealing with the low class. It's a constant headache. It's impossible to kick them out especially if they have a relative who is a cop or on the higher up. You think they'll leave just because you showed them a piece of paper saying they're suppose to vacate the premises? No. If you enter their apartment forcefully and throw their stuff out, you'll find yourself in jail. Basta, once they lock the door and tell you to f**ked off, you can't do anything. If they do leave, some tenants are so nasty na gaganti sila. They'll destroy everything inside the apartment (hammer the toilet, bara pipes, cut all the wires) before they leave. Lahat ng kita mo pupunta sa repair. 3 months deposit won't make a difference either. Usually kasi ubos na yan by the time they leave. If you insist on a renting biz, save up so you can buy a better place to rent to better class of people. Just don't do business with the massa.

Personally, I wouldn't put money in real estate here. Take a walk around, do you ever wonder why there's so many lots for sale around your neighborhood? It's because nobody wants to buy them and there's a reason why. The price of these lots from 2 years ago stayed the same today... while the value of peso drops.

If you want safe and play conservative, you can always go for time deposit and bonds. Banco de Oro offers time deposit at a rate of 7.35% (Premium Growth Fund) and you can pull it out in 30 days. After taxes, you earn P24,500 per month for a P5 mil deposit. There's also the Pag-ibig bonds. It's 8% and tax free pero your money is tied up for 5 years. You'll earn P33,333 per month paid out semi-annually.

If you want to go long-term, convert all your peso to dollar and wait for the Philippine government to offer US dollar based treasury bonds. They offer it every couple of months. The term is usually 5, 10, or as long as 20 years. Interest is around 7 to 12%. The good thing about this is, it's in US dollar. You don't have to worry about peso devaluation. It's also guaranteed by the Philippine government. This is safer than any bank here.

Higher risk means higher return. It's the only way to make serious money. If you have the passion and time, open up a franchise or a business. Pero if you're going to renting business, you might as well leave it in the bank. Konting difference lang minus the stress. For P5 mil, it's much better to have 3 to 4 franchise business than throw it all in one pot to buy an apartment.
  • prosceniumproscenium PEx Rookie ⭐
    if i had your 5M, i'd buy a condo unit in eastwood city...tapos i'll rent it out to some people who work in the call centers there. hehehe. tapos, i'd invest the rest sa citigold, yung savings and investments side ng citibank. i think they can help you with that, meron silang mga tutulong sayo sa pagpili ng investments. :D