GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

Remember the old Rock n' Rhythm Music Magazine?

back in the 80's and the early 90's - they were the coolest musicmag. i had a collection of it but my big brother bother threw them out. i wonder if there are people who feel the same about it. anyone?

Comments

• jenibibejenibibe Member PExer
    i used to collect issues of that magazine! kasagsagan pa ng so-called "alternative music" noong nagsimula kaming magbasa ng RN'R.

my favorite section in that mag (apart from the articles themselves) is the "letters to the editor" section, where the hip-hoppers and the punks bash the heck out of each other. nakakatawa lang. wala pa kasing PEx nun e. :D
  • hanskyuthanskyut kyut na pexer PExer
    my favorite section is the 'kamalayan' article .... contrbutor din yata ng rock n rhythm si dodong cruz ng the youth
  • RöttenMindRöttenMind Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    .21 caliber shot..

trip ko yung pinagtripan ang covers ng mga album...

alamid "malamig.."

nakalimutan ang diyos.. "nakalimutan ang juice.."

etc..
  • Alfie1975Alfie1975 Member PExer
    i still have one copy left, 1993 pa yung year ng issue may article pa kay Mightek guitars hehehe astig....
  • brown_manbrown_man Member PExer
    Originally posted by Alfie1975
    i still have one copy left, 1993 pa yung year ng issue may article pa kay Mightek guitars hehehe astig....
    Pre... meron p b Mightek guitar ngaun???
  • Alfie1975Alfie1975 Member PExer
    wala na yata as far as i know bro, try mo si jun castro or si arie hipolito, magagaling na luthiers yan. may website si jun castro; www.roadtone.tk
  • brown_manbrown_man Member PExer
    Originally posted by Alfie1975
    wala na yata as far as i know bro, try mo si jun castro or si arie hipolito, magagaling na luthiers yan. may website si jun castro; www.roadtone.tk
    ok.... nakita ko n ung roadtone at si arie friend ko n sya s friendster... wala pa naman ako problema pa s gitara ko eh...in case n magkaroon lng.. pero s tingin ko OK naman sila arie at roadtone......kaya OK lng......TNX!!! ;)
  • str84wardstr84ward Member PExer
    sana mag-reincarnate sila, no?

when we were still there, the last musicmag i was able to read was pulp and it sucked bigtime - almost every writer were labeling their hated bands (some of which are cool compared to their featured stupid bands) 'sold-out' but when you browse their pathetic mag, they are the ones who are the 'sold-out freaks' (probably the only musicmag with nude pics). hehehe, almost every page nga you get to see the neurotic little chinese guy (who i think was basking for attention because he was most probably never been hugged during his childhood) in the pictures......too bad the publisher is probably his ever busy mom that's why he got the privilege.
  • wooferswoofers I love Aina PExer
    Hmm, how about Jingle mag? Are they still around?

I probably still have some copies dating back to the mid to late 80's.
  • LadydreddLadydredd KspmtaPskmta PExer
    may collection din ako nyan, nung kasagsagan ng pinoy alternative. kaya lang, di na ko bumili pagdating ng mga late 90s, baduy na kse mga features nila eh. mali-mali pa mga chords. sayang lang pera.

pinaka-ok na mga issues nyan, around 94-96.
  • reykjavikreykjavik Sungka Grandmaster PExer
    I remember Rock n' Rhythm. I used to steal my brother's copies so I could read them. The quality was not that flash presentation-wise but the articles were interesting. And it embraced a wide variety of Philippine music so you'll read about Joey Ayala on one page and when you turned the page the Eraserheads were there with their answers to a word-association interview-bizarre but good!

Whenever my brother comes back from the Philippines he brings back "Pulp" magazine which as a female I'm actually quite embarrassed to read. It seems like a skin mag maquerading as a music mag. It's a pity bec some of the articles are good to read. I'm just scared what I'll see next when I turn the page...
  • jenibibejenibibe Member PExer
    (yang pulp binabasa ko rin, at nahihiya rin ako doon sa mga pix ng mga babaeng halos hubo't hubad na. buti kung merong pix ng mga lalaking halos hubo't hubad rin, para quits lang. :D anyway...)
    Originally posted by hanskyut
    my favorite section is the 'kamalayan' article .... contrbutor din yata ng rock n rhythm si dodong cruz ng the youth
    hello manong hanskyut! :wave: sa pagkakatanda ko, si robert javier naging columnist din ng RN'R di ba :)
  • bossmanbossman Member PExer
    dudes, if you want more details regarding Arie's work, visit the Guitar Hospital website: www.guitarhospital.net
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN hooah! PExer
    meron pa bang JINGLE magazine?
  • wireheadwirehead Member PExer
    reykjavik wrote:
    the Eraserheads were there with their answers to a word-association interview-bizarre but good!

that was the first rnr issue i bought when i was in high school. if i'm not mistaken, the cover was the glossy one with the nirvana picture? i used to borrow/steal/arbor from my cousin before. my favorites were kamalayan, dear mug, the album reviews and the concert reviews (lalo na kung napuntahan ko din yung concert na nireview nila).

we actually met the staff when we tried to contact them when my high school friends and i were putting up an underground school paper. they thought it was a good idea and they had us visit them in their office on roces ave where their editor bj treated us to bananaque at the nearby sari-sari store. they were really cool people. they sure made my high school years memorable. :D
  • guy_25guy_25 Member PExer
    Off topic lang. Buhay pa ba fade to Black? Dati sa Proj 4 yun malapit sa PSBA.
  • reykjavikreykjavik Sungka Grandmaster PExer
    wirehead wrote:
    that was the first rnr issue i bought when i was in high school. if i'm not mistaken, the cover was the glossy one with the nirvana picture? i used to borrow/steal/arbor from my cousin before. my favorites were kamalayan, dear mug, the album reviews and the concert reviews (lalo na kung napuntahan ko din yung concert na nireview nila).

we actually met the staff when we tried to contact them when my high school friends and i were putting up an underground school paper. they thought it was a good idea and they had us visit them in their office on roces ave where their editor bj treated us to bananaque at the nearby sari-sari store. they were really cool people. they sure made my high school years memorable. :D

Can't really remember the cover but that article is stuck in my head for some reason. Used to read the letters to the editor page a lot. It was such a small community that seemed to know everyone or at least know people who knew people who knew someone on that mag. I don't know any of them of course but the tone in the letters were so personal it felt like you did. I remember this chick writing in and basically badmouthing one of the guys from the Teeth (?) who worked on the mag. It was amazing that the editor published that letter at all.
  • tanketanke Blogger PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i still have copies of RNR magazine... just check this site...
    tanke-de-gira ..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file