Home PEx Campus University of the Philippines
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

UP MBA entrance exam/GPAT (merged)

mahirap ba entrance exam sa UP MBA?

Comments

• 2nd-in-Line2nd-in-Line Banned by Admin PExer
    why won't you try taking it yourself so you would know? :D

seriously, I heard UP MBA's entrance exam is harder than AIM's.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 Banned by Admin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    in my batch, 450 took the test and 150 were accepted. my score? borderline! :D about 60 eventually graduated.

i took the AIM test the same year and i found it a little harder. the funny thing is, i fared better in that one (or so the interviewer said).
    UP's MBA is averaging a 900+ applicants since 5 years now. 110 are initially accepted. got this from a reliable source.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 Banned by Admin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    amazing considering those crazy college people trippled the tuition to a mind-blowing 2,500 per unit!
    Originally posted by mac_bolan00
    amazing considering those crazy college people trippled the tuition to a mind-blowing 2,500 per unit!

In fairness, the college facilities have improved a lot.

check this out:
    http://www.upd.edu.ph/~cba/news_03.htm
  • alyana_malyana_m @admu PExer
    Hi does anyone know what the GPAT (MBA entrance exam of UP) consists of? Is it like the GMAT or GRE? Im planning to take it this coming feb but i dunno how to prepare for it...pls help! thanks! :)
  • ach_sooach_soo Banned by Admin PExer
    Same as AIM's.
  • leadscoutleadscout Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Is it tough? What types of test questions are in it?
  • feisty_viragofeisty_virago full-time freak PExer
    Hmm. If you have taken the GMAT and scored decently (i.e. 700 above), UP MBA GPAT should be quite easy;)
    So, is it made up of the same/similar components? (data sufficiency, critical reasoning, analytical writing, sentence correction, reading comprehension, problem solving)
  • feisty_viragofeisty_virago full-time freak PExer
    ^Not really, but some questions, especially those in the reading comprehension, sentence correction, problem solving part looked like they were GMAT based.. . And there was definitely no analytical writing given the time constraint. There's a logic part, though. Sorta like an IQ test with pictures and stuff.:)

You planning to take it? If so, good luck. :)
    ^Not really, but some questions, especially those in the reading comprehension, sentence correction, problem solving part looked like they were GMAT based.. . And there was definitely no analytical writing given the time constraint. There's a logic part, though. Sorta like an IQ test with pictures and stuff.:)

You planning to take it? If so, good luck. :)

Yup, although as part of the admission requirements for the Master of Finance program, not MBA.
  • dark_halfdark_half Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hi guys.

Has anyone taken the GPAT in UP? This is the entrance exam you need to take if you want to enroll in the MBA program of UP.

Any feedback on the areas you need to review to do well in GPAT?
  • hunter_alchemsthunter_alchemst Moderator PExer
    Merged and moved.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file