COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

ever been to DSWD shelters or the like?

I've been to both private and government orphanages and also sa Golden Acres-- they are always happy to receive visitors..
pero grabe nakakaiyak--

just bring whatever you can bring--old or new clothes, toys, food
okay din na pumunta kayong as a grupo--
alam ko di ako mayaman--pero pagnakita mo kung panaano nabubuhay yung mga nandoon--mahihiya ka na maggastos

Comments

• georginnegeorginne Member ✭✭
    I'd like to see one...
  • majemaje Member PExer
    ... yup! i volunteer sometimes... very tiring.. yet feels so good to have done something worthwhile...
    ...makes you appreciate more of all the blessings that you have received...
  • vava2300vava2300 TagaBasa ng PEx PExer
    please pakipost namn kung paano makapagvolunteer on DSWD or other NGO's cause matagal ko ng gus2 magjoin pero di ko lam kung paano!
  • Mitsu78Mitsu78 Member PExer
    kung meron din sana contact numbers paki post na lang. thank you. :)
  • MaiKaMaiKa single mom PExer
    these are organizations that work with children, families and communities.

Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
    122 Matahimik Street, U.P. Village, Quezon City
    Tel. 434-7528/434-7536

Childhope Asia Philippines
    1210 Penafrancia, Paco1007 Manila
    Tel. 563-2242 / 563-4647 / 561-7118

Create Responsible Infants by Sharing (CRIBS)
    30 Maj. Santos Dizon St., Industrial Valley, Marikina
    Tel. 681-5921/ 681-8078 / 681-9705

Educational Researchand Dev't Assistance (ERDA) Foundation
    66 Linaw St., Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City
    Tel. 741-3014/732-7815

Serra's Center (for sexually abused girls)
    162 Sinciego St. Harrison Pasay City
    Tel. 525-4705

Pangarap Foundation
    2503 Taft Ave., corner Escobar St., Pasay City
    Tel. 834-1061
  • liz_1215roxadaliz_1215roxada LiZzIe!! PExer
    I did!!It was called "Women's Correctional Center*i think*... I liked talking to them and hearing their stories. Kawawa nga because some were just accused.
  • i visited this place in antipolo for lolas way back in highschool. it was good experience and it was the one which prompted me to volunteer. i visited a gawad kalinga site last year in payatas and i'm a member of an org in admu which goes to uno in payatas.

do you know any organizations which help out juvenile prisoners?
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla d princessita PExer
    we have a group which we called [email protected] too bad nde nag materialize into a SEC-certified one, although nasa plan dati to seek certification. nde na active ngayon kasi hirap na i-org kasi kung san-san na napunta ang members.. hehe. saka naging busy na sa family lives.. imagine, dun na kami nag-grow.. we have this ardent dream na sana maipagpatuloy namin, together with our future kids.

anyway, we've been to Elsie Gaches, Bethany Orphanage in Bulacan, i forgot yung mga former rugby boys in Bicutan pati... and other small projects...

yep, kahit na yung excess nyo lang ang ibigay nyo sa kanila... big smiles na ang katapat nun sa kanila. hopefully Jan next year ay makapag-organize sana ulet kami ng outreach...

here's our webby nga pala... www.geocities.com/Angels_at_work2000 sorry nde na nga lang updated...
  • I'd like to visit shelters one day. Giving back to the community especially the less privileged is a heartwarming experience. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file