Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

South Beach Diet! [Merged]

Is anyone on the SOuth Beach diet now? If you are, where do you eat out and waht do you order? please recommend cheap food to eat and the restaurants.

Comments

• am now in phase 3 of south beach. i lost 5 lbs in phase 1-2, had meals delivererd to me for 3 weeks. but my friend is just testing it first so I volunteered to be test market and will just pay him the cost. the 5 lbs may not seem like much but i'm actually quite thin, i just need to lose my tummy.
  • shopgirl88: where do you buy your meals? :D
  • I saw on TV that Cibo and Cafe Bola now offer South Beach Diet friendly dishes.
  • my friend is a chef but still testing his south beach menu, so am just the test market. will post once he is ready. i know le souffle and margarita fores prepare SBD meals. i think PHP1k a day (5 meals).
  • Name a cheaper place to get this south beach diet? In a fast food restaurant what can you order when on this diet?
  • at a fast food place? almost nothing...maybe the burgers, but take out the bread. no fries, no soda, no iced tea, no spaghetti, no pizza, no baked potato, no ice cream...there's nothing left!

i suggest you concoct your own meals at home. btw, you can't work out while on this diet.
  • SouthBeach Diet Good Carbs, Great!

A SouthBeach Diet related trial done in the Netherlands recently involved feeding 26 males good carbohydrates (complex carbs) for breakfast one day, and then bad carbs (simple carbohydrates) for breakfast the following day.

The results wont seem surprising to anyone familiar with the SouthBeach Diet. The researchers found that those consuming a complex carbohydrate breakfast (whole grain breads and cereals) felt more energetic and less hungry, throughout the day, than those who ate the simple carbohydrates.

The consumption of the simple refined carbs for breakfast (which SouthBeach Diet advises against) resulted in increased glucose and insulin levels, triglyceride levels and free fatty acids.

hmm... daming artista nag t-try ngayon ng southbeach... effective naman daw..
  • ROXYROXY PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Most of the ingredients used in the South Beach Diet recipes are hard to find or not available here in Manila. I heard a Le Souffle Chef is offering meals at Php1,000 per day.

I would rather much prepare the meals on my own. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!
  • roxy, check out Metro Magazine's Aug and September issues. They feature articles on the South Beach Diet, complete with menu.
  • ROXYROXY PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    really? i'll try to look for metro magz.. thanks michai! :D
  • Originally posted by ROXY
    Most of the ingredients used in the South Beach Diet recipes are hard to find or not available here in Manila. I heard a Le Souffle Chef is offering meals at Php1,000 per day.

I would rather much prepare the meals on my own. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

Yeah, the ingredients for the recipes of the SBD are really hard to find :-(

Sa mga people na into this diet, baka pwedeng i-post niyo naman kung anu-ano iyung mga food na kinakain niyo, most especially sa phase 1. :D
  • may books re: South Beach diet ah
  • Sa mahal ng diet n to siguradong mangagayat di lang ang katawan mo pati ang bulsa mo.
  • i've been on this for a week and a half now and if you just follow the list of things you can and canNOT eat? it's going to work for you.. so far i've lost 6 pounds and i dont miss carbo at all.. i just drink water or iced tea.. no fruit juices.. the recipes are hard yes but you can always vary it with what you want just as long as you follow the guidelines..

this site may be useful if you want the list of what you can and canNOT eat..

http://www.dieting-review.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=308
  • Hi sanguine.

Thanks, the site is relly useful.
  • Originally posted by hEaVeNLy_DiViNe
    at a fast food place? almost nothing...maybe the burgers, but take out the bread. no fries, no soda, no iced tea, no spaghetti, no pizza, no baked potato, no ice cream...there's nothing left!

i suggest you concoct your own meals at home. btw, you can't work out while on this diet.

I don't think you can even eat the burger, they are very particular on what part of the beef you consume and what oil was used. so there's really nothing to eat in a fast food restaurant, unless you're eating at wendy's and you order their salad with no dressing. hehehehe
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Cafe Bola has a couple of South Beach items on their menu.
  • bakit hindi ka pwedeng mag-work out? hindi ba dapat diet and exercise should go together?
  • green,

because when you work-out, you need lots of carbs... you need it to sustain your energy level.
    south beach diet will sabotage your work-out routine.
  • oh i see. thanks. :)