Granny Goose 4 1 +3
    Magnolia 3 3 +1
    Toyota-Otis 2 2 +1
    Air Philippines 2 2 -2
    Welcoat 2 3 -1
    ICTSI 2 4 -3
    Addict Mobile 1 4 +1

pbl player of the week: jondan salvador - monta?a","222.126.11.210
  • i wish some company could support the PCU Dolphins.....they deserve to play in the PBL....
  • itongitong PEx Rookie ⭐
    I cant wait to see Gabriel Espinas and KG Canaleta go at each other.
  • With the exodus of many marquee PBL players (as of last PBL conference won by Viva Water Force) to the NBC and the URBL...maybe this could be the time for the PBL to discover more new talents from the UAAP and the NCAA...:)
  • i hope jireh ibanes gets drafted...
  • ibanes actually had a brief stint with blustar...

we are purposefully laying low until the college seasons finish...

first big news should be next week...with the announcement of the participating teams and the draft(s)...

thanks to the threadstarter by the way...
  • You're always welcome roadwarrior Please keep us posted.

Since the college basketball season is beginning to end, now is the right time to talk about PBL :)

As for Iba?es...did I see him play sa Blustar (which incidentally got disbanded raw):?:
  • Originally posted by itong

eligible kang maglaro sa pbl pag naka at least 2nd year ka na of playing sa Collegiate League mo.. if ever na maglaro ka na wala ka pang 2nd year.. di ka na pede maglaro sa school mo.
    kaya isang taon pa maghihintay si espinas.. or pede ng mag pbl.. goodbye back to back dream na pcu nga lang sila..
    we'll see :D
  • ^binago na ng NCAA ruling nila about this...u only need to play 1 season of NCAA ball for a player to play in the PBL....ganun ginawa ng letran with some of its players like pinera....
  • Then maybe PCU can play in the PBL. Question will be if there is a company that is willing to sponsor them? I do hope Chaiman Genuino of PAGCOR, which is a PCU Alumnus, can find a way for PAGCOR to sponsor the team. Sana nga....... :)
  • i know this will be one excitin' PBL season... i hope alota newbies can make it to the teams
  • ateneo10ateneo10 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by itong

puede na ba? doesn't the ncaa have a two year rule barring any player who hasn't played two years in the ncaa at least to play in the pbl lest he foregoes eligibility in college?

ano ba logic ng rule na ito?

some uaap players are getting the raw end of this deal. like jobe for admu, who's like 19 and has arms bigger than my legs. he's definitely ready. espinas was ready three years back to get farmed in the pbl.
    Originally posted by rg_alba
    Then maybe PCU can play in the PBL. Question will be if there is a company that is willing to sponsor them? I do hope Chaiman Genuino of PAGCOR, which is a PCU Alumnus, can find a way for PAGCOR to sponsor the team. Sana nga....... :)

roadwarrior,

say pcu does find a sponsor, is there a limit to the number of teams that could prevent the dolphins from joining?
    Originally posted by isaachayes
    i know this will be one excitin' PBL season... i hope alota newbies can make it to the teams

i also hope some of the talented oldies can make impacts. abadia didn't get that much time with letran and neither did guevarra or cordero. at least paterno made some noise.

i hope to see admu parade arao, tiu, and uichico. they'll need the experience.
  • officially...

ncaa players can go after one year, uaap after two years. other leagues vary with their eligibilities (ucaa one year, mmucaa and ncraa two years, etc).

yes, with the URBL and NBC in the frame, our older players have some place to go. hope the teams indeed pick up some of the collegians who apply next week.

PCU was rumored to have called the office today asking for a meeting, but they have to move fast. we close our doors on incoming teams next week.

There should be a major announcement this weekend for one new team...and another on wednesday. ICTSI-La Salle will also be returning INTACT.

Blustar and Hapee will go on leave this conference. Sunkist is just trying to fix some matters internally but should come in. And one company who has never joined a big basketball league has held two meetings with us and should ring in next week. If you're counting...that could be as many as TEN teams.

And there are four more college teams awaiting confirmation next week from their prospective partner-sponsors - one from ncaa, one from ucaa, one from ncraa and one from the uaap.

The draft is october 1.
  • roadwarrior Are you talking about GMC sponsoring the UP Maroons, that story has hit the papers today.
  • GMC? general miling? akala ko ba malakas si luigi trillo? pano na adamson?...
  • well, GMC is expected to field a mix of their General Feeds team in Cebu led by Alfie Grijaldo (ex-NU) and Chico Llanete with the core of the UP Maroons...

so that's one...

by the way ateneo10, we are not setting a limit but 12 is probably the limit i foresee...while we have not reached that number, we are not closing any doors.
  • it's so nice to hear that the pbl will have more teams since there a lot of good collegiate players who were not able to play in the PBL due to lack of teams and that some PBL teams only get the players of a certain school....

i would love to see espinas, jayjay sagad, jason castro, ken bono, noy javier, edwin osoro, jonathan fernandez, etc play in the PBL....
    Originally posted by roadwarrior
    by the way ateneo10, we are not setting a limit but 12 is probably the limit i foresee...while we have not reached that number, we are not closing any doors.

bakit 12?

i think the one day soon, most uaap sqauds will have one team. four/five have one now. adu and ue will have good components to make a bid with bono,cruz, martin, canuday et al and ue's bigs in residency. the nc looks to be going that way to.