Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness

how come i have the symptoms but....

im experiencing palpitation, excessive sweating and can't sleep early at night. symptoms of a hyperthyroid person. then my doctor advised me to have FT3, FT4, TSH to test for my thyroid.

but the result of the tests are all normal...

what must be the problem...i'm really bothered, coz i'm still experiencing those symptoms. and i dont what to have tests again, for it was so expensive...

help!

Comments

• Although your symptoms may be that of a hyperthyroid person, you have to understand that these symptoms are not confined to hyperthyroidism only. You may need further workup, as your doctor likely might have suggested, to get at the root of the problem so that proper management may be instituted.

BTW, these symptoms are also found in people having anxiety attacks. Are you sure you're not very worried about something right now?
  • so maybe that's why...

actually, i have lots of problems right now, school stuff, grades, organization, financial and family... i just cant understand why these should came at the same time...

anyway, thanx for the help...

btw, do i need to see a doctor or take any medications...
  • so maybe that's why...

actually, i have lots of problems right now, school stuff, grades, organization, financial and family... i just cant understand why these should came at the same time...

anyway, thanx for the help...

btw, do i need to see a doctor or take any medications...
  • I don't think you need to see a doctor right away. It's normal to experience anxiety when faced with a multitude of problems and tasks.
  • how bout a medicine to reduce anxiety? i often see my self tulala and thinking what to work on, first.... which doesn't really help...
  • Anti-anxiety meds need prescriptions. If you really think that you're having problems with managing your stressors, maybe it is best to consult a doctor.

Otherwise, you could employ breathing and relaxation techniques, and try not to worry too much. Just do one thing at a time.
  • thanx very much...