FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

What does a money market trader do?

What exactly is a money market trader? Is it an enjoyable and

rewarding job? :)

Comments

• trizforestrizfores Human Being PExer
    trade of course. it can be rewarding, but if you lose in the trade, even though it's not your money, you lose!!! you can go bankrupt because it's your neck that's on the line. that's as much as i know.
  • eastereaster Pinoy PExer
    very risky
    it is very risky. the trader and his/her clients could become filthy rich one day, or the next day, they could loose everything.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Are you in the Philippines?

Over here, money market traders usually work for financial institutions. What you do is to contact clients who have money to place and sell them financial instruments (deposit substitutes, commercial papers, promissory notes, etc). When these same clients need money you buy the financial instruments you previously sold them.

Other money market traders (such as those in insurance companies and some banks) invest their employers' money buy buying and selling money market instruments for their company's account.
    yes i am in the philippines. it's not that hard to find someone that can do foreign trading, as long as you have the money of course. so my apologies if i gave the former postings the wrong idea.
    I was asking Bourne Supreme.
  • Yes sir I am. :)
    Then there you have a short job description. As you can see, money market traders don't do much trading here. They are more salesmen than traders. As to the job being enjoyable and rewarding, you'll have to decide for yourself.

I do know that money market traders tend to have hectic mornings, have lunch late (1:30 or later), but have relatively relaxed afternoons, which they usually spend on meetings, making reports, or visiting clients. They rarely stay late, and don't go to work on weekends all that often.
  • Alright thanks a bunch! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file