FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

If you could have your realistic dream salary...

If you could have your realistic dream salary, how much would it be? The keyword here is REALISTIC. Put in the numbers-- how old you are, how experienced you are, what your current job is now or if you want to get promoted, if you feel underpaid-- how much would you rather get, your degree, you name it, etc. How much would you really like to earn a month?

Comments

• How old I am: twenty-something

How experienced: undergrad pa lang nagtratrabaho na.

Current Job: no specifics, baka mabasa ng boss ko

Do I want to get promoted? Syempre. I love my present job. Pero halos wala palang promotion dito. Asa pa ko.

Do I feel underpaid? Yes. Since walang promotion, I feel I am going to get the same salary for years :sleep:

Napapanis ang beauty ko.

Ayon sa payslip ng mga kasama kong matagal na dito (syempre sinilip ko) konti lang ang lamang nila sa akin...

How much would I rather get? P25 thou. realistic.

My Degree: Engineering from top university, mejo mataas naman ang grades. :D
  • trizforestrizfores Human Being PExer
    let's try to keep this thread rolling peeps. who knows, this might be a form of ranting for some of you who are unhappy, or a form of being pushed towards some of your goals in terms of motivation. :)
  • bachelor_zonebachelor_zone Wazzupening! PExer
    I'm 24 yrs old IT Professional................my desired salary

Formula: age x 1000 <= desired salary

Ex. 24 x 1000 <= desired salary

Experience: 3.5 yrs from top companies
  • rachoracho Member PExer
    My desired realistic income is twice my age. Doesn't have to be a salary, basta income. Unless of course, it counts if I pay myself. (Running your own business.)

So, at age 28, 56k is "desired." ... It's possible I could get more if I work at it...

It's funny cuz when people ask my dad his salary, he replies that he doesn't get any. heheheh.. (he owns or controls the corporation, if he's not being paid a salary, then his personal tax is zero.)
  • florenofloreno Miyembro ✭✭✭
    Get a Job abroad ...surely youll get a realistic 5 x your age salary...

Dito sa pinas...wala nakong nakikitang pagasa.
    Well, that's if you stick with a "job."

I think I'll modify my desired income formula.

Twice my age * 1000 up to age 30.
    And somehow going up until around 1M by age 40.

I've been playing with a spreadsheet for awhile and I can't seem to get a formula good for all age ranges.

Ang pag-asa lang dito sa pinas eh kung mag negosyo ka. The only other way to earn that kind of income on a salary is if you make it to top-level executives of multi-national corporations or you get expat'ed back here from abroad.

That's about right, 1M by age 40 is only 12M a year. I think I should aim higher.
    i too am involvoed in a family corpoartion. it's nothing that big or popular. small time. i get a fixed allowance or salary from it monthly w/c also i believe is small. so i'm doing a few things on my own because i believe that it's not all that good if i rely on the corporation. so, for the past few months or so, i've been earning extra income, away from the family business because of how hard and i work and not mention budget. haha! anyways, i have to admit that i've been doing well. IT'S NOT MLM if that's what some of you are thinking. i also did not set up a business. though i hope that one day i will.

racho
    1m is my goal also, but i'm not sure at what age. that would be a dream of mine. i wouldn't mind getting 500k either :). that's my realistic dream salary, or should i just say income :). twice my age is quite high for a formula. have to admit, i'm getting a little more than that now, but that's now. will i ever reach my 1m? maybe. -thinking positive-

floreno
    going abroad is not always the solution for everyone. maybe it is for some people but if you want to make it here, you have to learn to stand out.
    Well, we all now Henry Sy right? We all know his story (it was all over inquirer). He sold ... ano yun, dyaryo bote at first. Then started getting shoes... one pair at a time.

Decades later, he's still selling shoes.. Inside Shoe Mart. and he's got 18 of them Shoe Marts all over the country.

1 M (pesos) is small fries.

I'll tell you some of my other dreams, and let's quantify them:

1. I want a house and lot in Ayala Westgrove Heights. I asked around, the price for a 400 sq meter lot is around 4M. Just the lot, wala pang house yun. But a lot is no good with no house, so maybe 10M all in.

2. I want a cute car. Cute? Whatever, maybe Toyota Vios, because ang cute ng model (Britney) heheheh. That's another 1M (more or less.)

3. I want to visit Beiging in 2008 (Olympics) or just about any other country I've not been into, like Europe. That's going to cost 500k for 2 or 3 months.

4. I want the best education for my kids. According to actuarial studies, in 15 years (from today) Ateneo or LaSalle tuition will cost maybe 200k per semester. So a 4 year college degree will net you about 4M. So just imagine how upset parents can get if you failed, heh. They'll kill you.

And then there are other details to work over.

1M... 40 is kinda old for that I think. Maybe 35 is better. But if I'm already 50 and that's the only time I'm earning 1M, that's not so bad. I could own a new house every year (not that I'd want to.)
  • bishopbishop amdg PExer
    How old I am: early 20's

How experienced: over a year

Current Job: HR practicioner

Do I want to get promoted? of course

Do I feel underpaid? nope. with the work i do (and amount of workload), i'm well compensated.

How much would I rather get? 25k (or an incentive-laden 20k)

My Degree: AB degree from Loyola Heights
    racho,

you and i think similarly-- business minded wise, and knowing what we want out of this life. i think that you and i can get along and feed of each other ideas. with regards to the tuition fee that you mentioned. ouch! can just imagine. i too want a dream home of my own. maybe one day, i'll get what i really want.

i'm young. in my twenties to be exact. i am earning and investing with what 'little' i have and learning the ways of how the real world works. so far so good. one step at a time... one step at a time... :)

email me or pm me
    [email protected] :)
  • wooferswoofers I love Aina PExer
    Originally posted by trizfores
    If you could have your realistic dream salary, how much would it be? The keyword here is REALISTIC. Put in the numbers-- how old you are, how experienced you are, what your current job is now or if you want to get promoted, if you feel underpaid-- how much would you rather get, your degree, you name it, etc. How much would you really like to earn a month?

Experience: 7 years of software development, 4 of them in mid-level management
    Current job: leading a team of software developers in a European multinational company
    Yes I want to get promoted, but I don't see that happening yet because I just started with this company in January 2004, and we haven't met our targets yet.
    How much I'd like to earn a month: P100,000.
    I'd be happy with my current P80,000, except that I have to learn to curb my spending and live below my means.

It's not how much you earn, it's how much you save.
    i hear you woofers. it is how much you save. there are a lot of people that just spend everything on their paychecks and later, they're back to having no saving. the law of economics is true--
    'the more you earn, the more you save.'
    i see it though as

i've learned to see things this way as i got exposed to the real world :)
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    i know someone who's earning a gross of 100k a month pero 70k lang nauuwi niya because of deductions. imagine the amount of money he gives to the government every month... tsk tsk...
  • Originally posted by trizfores
    the law of economics is true--
    i see it though as

Ano daw? :D
  • wooferswoofers I love Aina PExer
    Originally posted by boogerflicker
    i know someone who's earning a gross of 100k a month pero 70k lang nauuwi niya because of deductions. imagine the amount of money he gives to the government every month... tsk tsk...

Actually if his gross is 100k, he should be taking home quite a bit less than 70k from the deductions.
    oops. i meant.

the law of economics is true--
    'the more you earn, the more you spend.'
    i see it though as
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    Originally posted by woofers
    Actually if his gross is 100k, he should be taking home quite a bit less than 70k from the deductions.

sh!t. baka nga... wag na nating pag-usapan baka sisihin pa ako kaya nabawasan pa sahod niya.
    bump
    *bump*
  • soulthirdsoulthird It Ain't Worth It PExer
    my desired salary is 40K. for now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file