Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Tiger Power

AltweggAltwegg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Lately, I have noticed the decreasing number of Thomasians watching the Tigers play against other teams in the UAAP men's basketball. This wasn't the scenario during the early up to the late '90s when UST's basketball program was at its peak. However, the ferocity once shown by the Tigers on court has started to wane and with this, Thomasians no longer troop to the playing arena to support the them. Hanggang sa panalo na lamang ba tayo kasama ng ating mga atleta? Let's show to them that in victory or defeat, we are cheering for and supporting them. On September 12, the incomparable Salinggawi Dance Troupe will try to duplicate its earlier fete as it tries to win 3 straight titles in a row. It is in this day that we should show to them that we are behind them. Let's not allow any other school to outnumber us again. Let's fill Araneta Coliseum to the rafters! We will show to them that the growling gallery of UST is back. Tayo ay magtungo sa Araneta at ipakita ang bangis ng Tomasino pagdating sa pagsuporta ng kanilang mga tropa. Magsama-sama tayo sa isang lugar para mas masaya.

In victory or defeat, we are ever His valiant legions imbued with unending grace. This is what Tiger Power is all about.

To the members of Salinggawi, just have fun. After all, you don't have to prove anything to anyone. You are the champions, the REAL champions.

VIVA SANTO TOMAS

So who's going to the cheering competition? Let's have an EB there at sama-sama tayo!

Comments

• I just wanted to share that the famous "We are the tigers, the mighty, mighty tigers..." is also the official cheer of Kellogs Corn Flakes here. I am not so sure who was first, though. But I am guessing, UST is because I've been cheering that for UST since I was a freshman in '95. I have been here every year since then and it is just now that I heard of it. So Kellogs owe UST then. Hahaha!

I MISS THE UAAP! :cheerleader:
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    there's not much school spirit to begin with at UST.

that was quickly noticed after the school's 4peat. slowly dying.

but we're still here, GO USTe pa rin!
  • AltweggAltwegg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The men's basketball don't deserve any thank yous from me (and I think even from the whole UST community) because they did not give their best in their campaign. A 5 game losing streak is humiliating for a team that is used to winning.

Tomorrow is the release of tickets for the CDC. I hope everyone buys a ticket and flocks to the Coliseum to cheer for Salinggawi. Bahain natin ang Araneta with Thomasians.
    [email protected] altwegg!

i bet you they didn't even take the USTet. Do us a favor by redeeming yourselves in your academics NALANG. dont let hype blow you up cause you'll end up with nada (look what you have now, NADA).
    :glee:
  • Yup, altwegg's observations are right. Am an alumni of the University and I used to watch the games during its championship years. Due to my work sched and venue inaccessability, I can't watch the games live. But I can still catch some on tv. I notice that when the cameras focus of the UST gallery, its numbers are dwindling. The UST bangers are still there and support is still unwavering, but the students are very few.
  • news flash!: Please support the UST Salingawi this sunday, let us all support, cheer and pray for a merry sunday for all thomasians! good luck gawi and KAYANG KAYA NYO YAN!

sana makapunta po kayong lahat mas marami mas masaya

Date: September 12
    Place: Araneta
    Time: 2pm(be early if possible)
  • TigercubTigercub PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    as much as possible... pasok kayo dun as early as 12nn or before 1pm... from what i read sa mga forums, the Coliseum opens at 1130 or 12... and baka magbenta ng tix without the Gift Certificates...

para may upuan kayo and para maoccupy natin yun seats for FEU and NU kasi sila ang katabi natin...

:D
    We'll be there at 12. Go there early so you'll get your desired seats.
  • sana hindi lang sa forum ito! be there tomorrow!
  • congrats USTE!!! champion ang SALINGGAWI!!!
    hoy ang galing at nanalo tayo
  • Congratulations. The UST-SDT, YJ and the Thomasians in the gallery exhibited absolute TIGER POWER! Kitang kita sa TV. Superb talaga.
  • TigercubTigercub PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    :cheers: Three-Peat!!! :cheers:

in full force ang mga Thomasians nun sunday... sana hindi lang sa cheering... pati rin sa basketball...

Whooo!!! Tiger Power!!!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!!! :D
  • We are the Tigers.
    The mighty, mighty Tigers.
    We came to play,
    and to dominate
    with no FEAR.

I hope the Tigers win a basketball championship before I graduate. I think it is only when the basketball team wins that UST put up a bonfire. The overall championship doesn't count.
  • hi! :)
    i'm selling out copies of the 2002, 2003, and 2004 uaap cdc. Just pm if you want to have one. thanks.