Anti Depression

hi guys.. anyone can recommend something like a over the counter anti depression medicine.. i badly need it, 2 weeks na akong depressed and di ko na kayang tumagal pa sa ganitong situation.. please do help me thanks!!

Comments

• eyedoceyedoc Member PExer
    Your description doesn't really fit with the clinical description of depression. Anyway, it's best that you consult a psychiatrist if you think you need help.
  • phoenix14phoenix14 internetslave.blogspot.co m PExer
    Try going out or pray.. it works.. =)
  • ErnestinaErnestina Banned by Admin PExer
    gingko biloba, pwede rin daw anti-depressant. share naman ng story! :glee:
  • summit012summit012 Member PExer
    how much is the consultation fee of psychiatrist?

what is the difference bet psychiatrist n psychologist?
  • GabrielaGabriela i luv my baby PExer
    A psychiatrist is an MD, a psychologist is not. Thus, a psychiatrist can clinically evaluate a case and is authorized to prescribe medicine. I'm a psychologist. I can only go as far as counseling.

My mom's consultation fee is PhP1,000.00, regardless of the length of time she spends in her doctor's clinic (w/c is usually just about 5-10 mins). Plus ang mahal ng gamot.
  • GabrielaGabriela i luv my baby PExer
    Btw, I don't think there's an OTC drug for anti-depression. tama bako doc?
  • eyedoceyedoc Member PExer
    Nope. Anti-depressants need prescription.
  • putotiputoti ThePowerToKnow PExer
    nagkaganyan din ako dati. i was depressed for almost 2 mos. muntik na rin ako magpunta sa shrink but naisip ko mahal. may nagsabi rin sakin to take prozac but mahal din. i was depressed bec of the work environment so lumipat ako ng ibang work. kung ano man ang ikinakadepress mo, gawan mo nlang ng solution on your own. and yeah, prayers would be a lot of help.
  • eToiLeeToiLe seuLe PExer
    chka its dangerous to take anti-depressants esp when ur not clinically depressed. like what eyedoc said, looks like ur not "clinically" depressed. its all in the mind i guess :)
  • katuraykaturay Member PExer
    just pray and eat balance diet...dont think too much...or maybe talk to a friend it will help a lot ...
  • xxrayxxray X-Ray Tech PExer
    I exersize..it elevates endorphin. This has anti-depression qualities.

Kung baga..natural high!
  • Battousai1Battousai1 Member PExer
    Originally posted by Gabriela
    A psychiatrist is an MD, a psychologist is not. Thus, a psychiatrist can clinically evaluate a case and is authorized to prescribe medicine. I'm a psychologist. I can only go as far as counseling.

My mom's consultation fee is PhP1,000.00, regardless of the length of time she spends in her doctor's clinic (w/c is usually just about 5-10 mins). Plus ang mahal ng gamot.

Hi Gabriela! I would like to ask, do psychiatrist and psychoterapist differ? and that psychoterapist and psychologist are just almost the same and that psychoterapist are more inclined in treating mental illness or disorder in a "more non-medicinal approach" and psychologist are into "counselling" type?

Im just wondering why some of the best psychiatrist often goes directly to medication sometimes without even asking or trying to give tips and helpful suggestion to patients who really sometimes need a little more talk than those "expensive medicine" Sometimes even psychiatrist needs to have a "guinea pig" period for their patients in order to get the right medicine for him/her which is really debilitatig for poor patients...

And I would also like to ask if you know any good psychoterapist out there with a low consultation fee?
  • Battousai1Battousai1 Member PExer
    Originally posted by lAhKee
    hi guys.. anyone can recommend something like a over the counter anti depression medicine.. i badly need it, 2 weeks na akong depressed and di ko na kayang tumagal pa sa ganitong situation.. please do help me thanks!!

I would recommend you first try out reading self-help books... specially that of Dr. Tom G. Stevens'

"You Can Choose to Be Happy"

Theres a free copy in the internet and read it.. I think it might help you alot...

heres the link: www.csulb.edu/~tstevens/hcontent.htm

I also recommend this book to all those who experience any kinds of problem in life... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file