Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

who is worth going the "extra mile"?

this has been a question that has bothered me for the longest time.

who is worth that extra mile?

for my past serious relationships (i've only had two.) none of my ex's seem to go that "extra mile" for me. dont get me wrong. they were both great guys..they'd take other girls home when they needed a ride...convoy them when they'd drive home alone...other girls except me their girlfriend. i dont know if i give them sucha strong air of independence or whatever they'll do i'll understand and love them...

i'm at a loss..

are there qualities that make you go an extra mile for that person?

God knows i've gone the extra mile for both of them. I'm not asking for much, i just want at least to see them try.

right now, i have come to the conclusion that maybe i'm just not worth it.

Comments

• nobody. thats the answer to your question. if some chick feels bad because her boyfriend doesnt go "the extra mile" for her, shes not worth going the extra mile.

just because you do it for them doesnt mean that you can expect them to do it for you. quit being high maintenance, quit asking for things that others may find difficult to provide for you.
  • WoTWoT PExer
    I don't think asking to be treated the same way other girls are being treated ("they'd take other girls home when they needed a ride...convoy them when they'd drive home alone...other girls except me their girlfriend") is asking for too much, do you? The fact that they do it for other girls clearly means it's not difficult for them.

I know that if it were my girlfriend, I'd be willing to do a lot more for here that I would be for other girls who aren't that special to me. Unless that's just the way you treat your girlfriend? In which case I feel sorry for her.

maxieGrRL, I'd say they just took you for granted and were more interested in impressing other girls with their 'gentlemanly' ways than with making you feel important to them. So good riddance to them.
  • Originally posted by WoT
    I don't think asking to be treated the same way other girls are being treated ("they'd take other girls home when they needed a ride...convoy them when they'd drive home alone...other girls except me their girlfriend") is asking for too much, do you? The fact that they do it for other girls clearly means it's not difficult for them.

its not asking for too much but its asking. the most pathetic thing a boyfriend or a girlfriend can do is to ask to be treated a certain way. thats being high maintenance.

youre right. its not difficult for the guy to do it. the guy just finds it difficult to do it for HER.
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    A rare quality found wanting in both women and men. Dr Phil, once again you have proven that going the extra mile is as good as they get hooked. :naughty: :laugh:
  • :noevil:

it about not expecting too much..some people think that when their significant other does it to their friends or family they should be treated more..don't expect too much..you'll definitely get disappointed..be happy of what you have..not what you can't have..
  • ...i think it all boils down to what type of person you are. some girls appear to be fragile and delicate, others appear strong and independent. for each case, guys act/react differently. maybe you exude an air of independence nga as you mentioned... that is probably a reason why guys didn't think its necessary to go the extra mile.

:)
  • you are worth it...dont think of it na hindi...

may mali lang yung mga guys na yun...
  • maxieGRLmaxieGRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    my bad for expecting.

maybe i just needed comforting that night. after all, my parked car did get hit by some creep who ran off.
  • so be upset at the creep who hit your car, not at the boyfriend who didnt "convoy" with you.
    redman..yes i was upset at the guy who ran off.

nevermind. you wouldnt understand.:beam:
  • prolly not. ive a hard time understanding why women even ask for more than what theyre given. :)
  • baby_07baby_07 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Maybe those exes of yours actually lack initiative. And the girls they managed to go the extra mile with actually asked them to. They're just too "shy" to turn them down.

And maybe they think you'd rather be with yourself because you don't need much assistance after all. Air of independence, as you put it. Maybe you never asked. :shrug: And if you did, they might be able to give in.

Just maybes. :D After all, all has been said and done.
  • Originally posted by maxieGRL
    my bad for expecting.

maybe i just needed comforting that night. after all, my parked car did get hit by some creep who ran off.

you got hit?! tara gulpihin ang bumangga!!
    Originally posted by dups
    you got hit?! tara gulpihin ang bumangga!!

umalis na nga e...but thanks for the offer.:beam:
  • joeblack1231joeblack1231 PEx Rookie ⭐
    i do find it strange that he has no problem offering other women rides, and not you. I wouldn't have a clue why thought.

I find nothing wrong with asking, it's demanding that I have an issue with.
  • Originally posted by maxieGRL
    this has been a question that has bothered me for the longest time.

who is worth that extra mile?

it's a subjective question that deserves a subjective answer.

passion rules reason. go figure.
  • bananalubebananalube PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ I agree with aika131. It's quite subjective. A person's worth depends on whose perspective it's from. For me, the person I like and love would deserve the extra effort.
  • maybe you don't go the extra mile for them or maybe they don't appreciate what you do for them, i'm not sure what's their reasons for not doing anything for you, y don't you ask them......:lovealot: it will make you feel better, no more unanswered questions. :catfly:
  • maybe you don't go the extra mile for them or maybe they don't appreciate what you do for them, i'm not sure what's their reasons for not doing anything for you, y don't you ask them......:lovealot: it will make you feel better, no more unanswered questions. :catfly:
  • we don't make people recognize us for who we are not and expect them to do things we don't deserved.

i guess it all comes down to that Golden Rule - of "treating ourselves the way we want others to treat us."

or to find someone to fit your standards, be someone who fits someone's standards, first, something like that.