FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Air Rifle

maruzkimaruzki Member PExer
Guys,

Im planning to buy an Air Rifle. ok ba ang armscor? what model ba yung pinakamalakas nila? and ive been hearing about those icconvert daw sa .22cal, ano yun? so meaning totoong baril na siya as in pumuputok?

saan maganda bumili? hindi kasi ako marunong tumingin kung 2nd hand na yung nabili ko or brand new nga.

purpose ko kasi talaga kaya ko balak bumili is to impail or kill cats and dogs.

about the scope, ok ba yung tag 3k? or yung tag 600 lang?

comments and suggestions are welcome

thanks

Comments

• wooferswoofers I love Aina PExer
    Originally posted by maruzki
    Guys,
    Im planning to buy an Air Rifle. ok ba ang armscor? what model ba yung pinakamalakas nila? and ive been hearing about those icconvert daw sa .22cal, ano yun? so meaning totoong baril na siya as in pumuputok?

I think the conversion they're referring to is from 0.177 cal to .22 cal barrel. It's still an airgun, and not a firearm.

0.177 is the regulation caliber for competition shooting and is the most accurate. 0.22 is a bigger bullet and hits harder, making it suited to pest extermination.

I don't think even a 0.22 air rifle would be enough to kill a cat or dog immediately, though.

I actually own a rather interesting airgun that lets you take out the barrel and use a shot-filled cartridge instead of a bullet -- an air-shotgun!
  • maruzkimaruzki Member PExer
    so where can i buy quality airguns? and how will i know if it is really has a .22cal barrel?

what scope would be advisable ba?

but how about impailing a dog? will the .22cal airgun do the trick in one one or two shots?
  • cramnhojcramnhoj Member PExer
    I suggest you ask at filairsoft.com. Also, I hear there's a good place to buy air rifles at san juan, near greenhills but I don't remember the specific address.
  • MokkoriMokkori Moderator PExer
    A well placed shot even from a .22 cal air gun will put down small animals like cats and dogs... I've seen it done but don't aske me about this as I'd rather not recall. Also please don't advocate or ask about killing animals here as it will offend a lot of people, including myself.

Depending on your use, I recommend no higher than a 4x scope for "human" sized targets and 8x for "vermin" sized targets. Mounts and a Bushnell scope would be adequate for most CO2 airguns. Unless you're experienced with this, leave the sighting-in and shimming to a skilled gunsmith.

Filairsoft.com is for airsoft hobbyists not CO2 airguns, although I do believe that there are many knowledgeable people there on airguns as well.
  • rage_withinrage_within no angel PExer
    experts, question naman.

kelangan pa ba ng license kung bibili ng air gun?
  • MokkoriMokkori Moderator PExer
    I've heard mixed info on this... I'm sure that you didn't need one before, but ever since the gun ban, I've been hearing that you need one now. :|
    oh, i see.
    bummer. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file