Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Mexico for Honeymoon?

CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
Mexico

Any tips? Good resort to stay in? Location? Nice places to visit? :) Things to know? Best months for travel to the place?

Still researching eh. :)

Comments

• of course, acapulco and cancun are up there as mexicos top destinations.

but if you want more bang for your buck, check out baja, california (which is in mexico) or huatulco.

tips? drink ONLY bottled water, avoid ice.
  • istarbaksistarbaks PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i'd suggest the eastern side-- cancun, playa del carmen, etc... plus, you can visit lots of archaeological sites, during your rest time. :D
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Looking at Cancun and Acapulco. :) Any resort suggestions? :)

redman, thank you for the tip! Sana magamit... :)
  • mac326mac326 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    haven't been there but the pictures i've seen tells me that Maroma beach is the best place.
  • Originally posted by CaRaMBa
    Mexico

Any tips? Good resort to stay in? Location? Nice places to visit? :) Things to know? Best months for travel to the place?

Still researching eh. :)

Spent glorious week in Mayan Riviera - south of Cancun and 20 min ride from Playa Del Carmen.
    The beaches are to die for. So quiet and serene. You have options of going to some tours that you can arrange thru the front desk. (Chitchinitza- Xcaret and other peninsula) A must to try Xcaret cause it's like a haven - we swam with the Dolphins and caves with light current), my firstime diving in Mexico too- if you're into it you have to try the CENOTE- snorkeling is awesome as well - in AKUMAL (turtles) all in all a great Honeymoon.

We stayed at an all inclusive resort- called Karisma Hotels (I think they've changed their names now) but you can always count on BARCELO chain of resorts.

goodluck! and have fun!
    and if you're in playa del carmen, you might as well visit the cozumel island. it's a short ferry ride from pdc and it's a really nice resort area.
  • how about Rosarita Beach ? -- my uncle's planning to take us with him and cross the border this Sept...
  • ^its nice in rosarita.

rosarita, along with ensenada are popular destinations in mexico if the tourists are driving from california.
  • yes, I'm driving from San Diego... I'm excited. It's gonna be a 3N/4D stay next month. :)
  • kelangan ba visa dun?
    yes for philippine passport holders...
  • whoops. pwede ba kme? we're just crossing the border e... pero multiple entry US visa naman... so d kme pwede tumawid to Mexico?
  • mac326mac326 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sol, i'm not sure about this... you can get your mexican visa sa border mismo. btw, treat this as chismis lang ha... baka masira vacation mo because of me. hehe...
  • thanks mac326 hehe. mukhang pwede naman ata, my uncle who's been there is arranging the trip, he wouldn't have organized it if hindi pwde... may hotel reservation na nga e... baka naman maging prob e di na ako pabalikin sa US and I'm stuck in Mexico waaah!! LOL
  • akosikatakosikat PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Let's up this Mexico thread :D
  • Hello to all! I think in addition to resorts, no visit to Mexico will be complete without a visit to Mexico City... Love their culture =) You can also try experiencing the Mexican version of Gondola in Xochimilco, Mexico City...