Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Imelda

moonshinemoonshine PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
papalabas na dapat yung Imelda: The Movie (documentary tungkol kay imelda marcos) pero kinokontra ni madame ang pagpapalabas dito.
Bakit kaya??? Eh pumayag naman siya na sundan-sundan ng direktor para ma-shoot ang pelikula.
Naipalabas na ito sa ibang bansa, mga kritiko sa U.S. sabi naman balanced raw ang pelikula.
Since part naman siya ng history ng Pilipinas, eh mas dapat sigurong mapanood ng mga Pilipino ang pelikula diba...ayaw raw ni Imelda na mapalabas dito ang pelikula. Ipalabas na raw sa abroad, wag lang dito sa Pinas. Hmmmmmmm.

Rate This Movie 2 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
0% 0 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
100% 2 votes
:) :) :) [b]Ok Lang[/b]
0% 0 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
0% 0 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
0% 0 votes

Comments

• God, it was funny! For a documentary, I swear it was fun to watch. Hahaha! To all of those who have already seen it, my fave comments were about the "apple computer" and the "ribbonless bolo". "Pacman" comes a close third. :D
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yeah, those were funny as hell. Her "Peace and Order" speech was more complicated that the Matrix films. :glee:

However, I didn't like it that much. It didn't offer anything new, really. All that was shown in the documentary is old knowledge. I dunno, maybe because we're Filipinos and are familiar with Imelda and the Marcoses.
  • Where to watch this film?
  • tequilapjtequilapj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    showing at greenbelt and glorietta. dunno about other theaters...

it's amazing how delusional this woman is. she honestly thinks she's a symbol of beauty and grace and class and that she's done nothing but good for the filipino people. she's totally convinced she's a good role model for the millions of poor filipinos...:rolleyes:

but yeah she was hilarious in this docu. classic yung mga sagot niya. i imagine ms diaz can write a whole book on just her one-liners and "witticisms" alone...:lol:
  • showing since yesterday on all local theaters...
  • Movie: Imelda
    Genre: Docu-Film
    Director: Ramona Diaz
    Distributor: Unitel Films
    Showing: July 21

Finally, "Imelda", a docu-film about our former first lady, Imelda Marcos, has seen the light of day in our local theaters! It premiered in Glorietta 3 last Monday (with tickets costing PhP300 each) and it's showing regularly starting today! Thank heavens that the TRO has been lifted already or else, we will truly miss a remarkable docu-film!

"Imelda" is a docu-film for everyone, especially for the Filipinos, whether you are a loyalist or not. It really won't matter whether you are pro-Imelda or anti-Imelda. The docu-film is unbiased. It is devoid of narration so the film maker's thoughts were not included. They interviewed people who are friends or family of Mrs. Marcos, people who are "not friends", and people who are in between. It is well-edited that the events unfolded as they happened. It'd be up to the audience to decide whether the character is a saint or a sinner.

As for my comments re Imelda's character as I've seen it, I'd rather just keep it to myself so as not to step on someone else's toes. But I really do suggest that you see it. (Hey, I'll even require my students to see the film! (,") Hehe.)

"Imelda" is truly a magnificent experience! It truly deserved the "Best Cinematography" award that it has received in Sundance Film
    Festival. Catch it as soon as you can because we would never know how long it'd be on theaters.

more reviews at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoymoviesdotcom
  • The Wit and Wisdom of Imelda Marcos
    complete article at http://groups.yahoo.com.group/pinoymoviesdotcom

On Money

"My economic theory is that money was made round to go round. Money was made to encircle man so that he would blossom with many flowers. The whole trouble is, the center is money. All the heads of people thinking about money. All the hands of people reaching out for money. All their poor little bodies working for money. They are running in all directions for money." -- November 1985, to Sandra Burton, in Impossible Dream

"I get my fingers in all our pies. Before you know it, your little fingers including all your toes are in all the pies." -- cited in Ang Katipunan, October 1980

"It's the rich you can terrorize. The poor have nothing to lose." -- in Fortune, 1979

"I'm like Robin Hood. I rob the rich to make these projects come alive... not really rob. It's done with a smile." -- in Fortune, 1979

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." -- 1987

"It is terribly important to do certain things, such as wear overembroidered dresses. After all, the mass follows class. Class never follows mass." -- cited in Ang Katipunan, October 1980

"Daig ko pa si Cinderella." -- cited in Beatriz Romualdez Francia's Imelda: A Story of the Philippines

"Win or lose, we go shopping after the election."

"I am being questioned (and) convicted with imprisonment for building the Philippine General Hospital, the premier hospital of the Philippines, that I did in the spirit of a mother's love, in creativity and ingenuity beyond technicalities, in my passion to serve the sick and the poor." -- quoted in The Philippine Daily
    Inquirer, February 1998 (contributed by Jose Cruz)

"The only gold my husband has......"
    (more...)

On Her Country

"The Philippines is in a strategic position. It is both East andWest, right and left, rich and poor. We are neither here nor there." -- at a press conference, on why the Manila Film Festival should be held in Manila -- cited in Ang Katipunan, February 1982

"The Philippines is where Asia wears a smile. Beautiful products can only be made by happy people." -- at a press conference at Bloomingdale's, at the opening of the Philippine exhibit -- cited in Ang Katipunan, May 1982

"Why should people be afraid that we use a few small pellets of uranium at the nuclear power plant in Bataan? Don't they know that
    we're surrounded by uranium? We have the world's fourth largest deposits of uranium. Yes, we're all radioactive -- must be the reason why we have so many faith healers!" -- on nuclear-generated power, February 1985

"If garbage affects us, then there must be something wrong with us." -- in the Far Eastern Economic Review, February 1983

"For the sake of the republic of the Philippines, for the Filipino people, [we must] put the remains of the president to rest so that
    these negative vibrations will leave us." -- after alleging that Ferdinand Marcos's angry spirit caused Hurricane Andrew in 1992

"And my scientists tell me that these forces are so powerful that we can use them to protect you, our American friends, against Soviet missiles." -- on the hole in the sky where cosmic forces supposedly enter the Philippines, during a lecture to 20 American scientists in January 1982, cited in Raymond Bonner's Waltzing with a Dictator

"To know Asia is to feel Asia. Asia must be felt with the heart in order to be understood."

It's bad enough that the Philippines is really hamburgered geographically." -- cited in Beatriz Romualdez Francia's Imelda: A Story of the Philippines

"Events of the last decade have really nfolded the truth about Marcos as a great democrat and...."
    (more...)

On Being First Lady

"I am First Lady by accident. I was not elected by the people but here I am."

"The problems with First Ladies is that you have to set the standard. My role is to be both star and slave."

"I am my little people's star and slave. When I go out into the barrios, I get dressed because I know my little people want to see a star. Other presidents' wives have gone to the barrios wearing house dresses and slippers. That's not what people want to see. People
    want someone they can love, someone to set an example." -- from the Los Angeles Times, October 1980

"As we were coming down Malacanang, Ferdinand held my hand and said, 'Imelda, this is your fault.' In shock, I asked, 'Why, Ferdinand?' He answered, 'Because you gave me a heart.'" -- on why Marcos refused to fire at the crowds on Edsa in 1986, quoted in
    Special Edition

"I promise if given the chance, I will do it again and again. Because even death will not diminish the energy of a mother's love." -- on her regime's achievements, quoted in Special Edition

"My husband does not like me to give interviews because I say too much. No talk, no trouble."

"It is so easy to choose the wrong word... That's why I'm so terrified by the press and even photographers. Because they are
    recordings, and they are permanent. Later on in history, you could be completely misunderstood because of the writings of people who may misquote you or quote you out of context. Every time I see myself, my God, I look or sound like a witch, or monster, or dragon. For example, I was called the Steel Butterfly. I am neither steel nor a butterfly. What an image! I'm neither frivolous nor
    insensitive." - quoted in Julio Silverio's Golden Quotations of our First Lady

"I understand my people better than anyone. I study them all the time and even conduct experiments." - to Steve Psinakis, December

"Don't worry, if you ever sue us, I have a good lawyer. I have the President. Besides, really, if they sent me to prison, maybe that will be nice because for a change I'll really have peace. I will be alone and then I will have all my memories to enjoy myself for a while."

"Never dress down for the poor. They won't respect you for it. They want their First Lady to look like a million dollars." -- cited in Beatriz Romualdez Francia's Imelda: A Story of the Philippines

"Bakit mayroong mga Pilipino na naninira kay Presidente at kay First Lady? Hindi ba nila alam na kami ang Tatay at Nanay ng Bayang
    Pilipino? Kung kamote ang Tatay at kung kamote ang Nanay, kamote ang Pilipino! Ang kamote ay..."
    (more)

On Beauty

"If you're a little presentable, you're called frivolous. Beauty is frivolity it seems, but beauty is love. You can never have an excess
    of what is democratic, just and beautiful. You can't say a woman is overly beautiful but you can say someone is overly ugly. It is against religiosity to be surrounded by ugliness."

"People say I'm extravagant because I want to be surrounded by beauty. But tell me, who wants to be surrounded by garbage? Beauty
    is love made real and the spirit of love is God. Only a crazy man wants to be surrounded by garbage, and I'm not crazy just yet."

"In the material world, where everything is valued, when you commit yourself to God, beauty and love, it can be mistaken for extravagance." -- in People, 1996

"They call me corrupt, frivolous. I am not at all privileged. Maybe the only privileged thing is my face. And corrupt? God! I would not look like this if I am corrupt. Some ugliness would settle down on my system." -- cited in Beatriz Romualdez Francia's Imelda: A Story of the Philippines

"Our opponent [Cory Aquino] does not put on any make up. She does not have her ingernails manicured. You know gays. They are for beauty. Filipinos who like beauty, love and God are for Marcos." - on why Ferdinand Marcos would win the gay vote, January 1986

"What's wrong with shoes? I collected them because it was like a symbol of thanksgiving and love?" -- Associated Press article, in
    The Eye, November 1997

"I have no weakness for shoes. I wear very simple shoes which are pump shoes. It is not one of my weaknesses."

"I hate ugliness. You know I'm allergic to ugliness." -- quoted in the Philippine Daily Inquirer, August 1999

On Her Philosophy

On What is Most Definitely is Not
  • _LoRrAiN3__LoRrAiN3_ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I've watched that in New York :) it's pretty good.....and yeah, funny. :D *okay*
  • laught trip mga pinagsasasabi ni imelda
    i remember she was joking after nung masaksak sya....sabi nya sa interview she was telling herself daw that time sa dinami-dami ba naman daw ng way para mamatay sha bakit daw yung pangit at makalawang na _____ (i don't what it is....) ang saksak sa kaniya....hindi daw bagay sa beauty nya....:glee: basta something to that effect....... :D

**there you go....nabasa ko yung unang post......"ribbonless BOLO" :lol: and yeah....the PACMAN thing.....

and the "Imeldific" word..... :D feeling ko sobrang ni-big deal naman ata nila yung pagkakaroon nya ng maraming shoes....i mean...., that is sooo normal noh......kung ako nga i have tons of shoes eh yun pa kayang may pera?? know what i mean?? when you watch mtv cribs you'll see na may mga celebrities na isang closet ang shoes.....so...diba.......parang ang big deal naman for them? la lang........:D :confused: :teehee:
  • the big deal there lorrain3 is that it's the
    reason why imelda got an entry in the guinness book of world records...
  • oh thanks! showing na pala everywhere. hehe :)
    Originally posted by todo_pinoy
    the big deal there lorrain3 is that it's the
    reason why imelda got an entry in the guinness book of world records...

:D
  • oooh i wanna watch this! phew good thing they pulled out the tro.. i thought they weren't gonna show it here na talaga. imelda kasi, nag inarte pa.. eh diba she was interviewed naman for the film? haay...
  • its a so-so documentary about a subject anyone can put into film, and still get good results.

prop a camera in front of her, and that's it.
  • moonshinemoonshine PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i personally thought it was well made, and looked well researched too. yes, we did know about imelda, but the viewpoint used was quite refreshing. good editing and sound. i like that it didn't utilize an in-your-face kind of editorializing, like the kind that's so popular in our local news networks.
  • mintymalonemintymalone PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Learned nothing new about Imelda but there were indeed unintentionally funny moments
    Imelda seems to live in her own little world, having her own set of reality
  • now i understand why she did not want this movie be shown in theaters!! meron pala siyang "funny" side!! hahahaha! :lol:

my favorite line:

E for effort! - imelda marcos
  • pal2iwarapal2iwara PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    haha..ang kulet nga niya..dun sa part na interview ni bong bong and imee..naexcite cya sa part about sa kanya..kung ano ano naconnect niya sa 0 and 1..tas yung pacman and the bolo..the best yung apple and computer..kaya siguro tinawag na apple yun.. :glee:

her philosophy is weird.. err..mapapa-SENSE?! ka na lang.. :D

and sobrang balidosa niya! all those pictures she gave away..and try counting how many times she said beauty in that docu..la-la-la-la-la..

it lacks depth though..may kulang..
  • 22mai22mai Australian Open 2020 Participant 🎾
    sa shangrila 295