Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

What makes a blind date successful?

I've had a serious relationship with a girl for several years and we broke up recently. I've started to move on and so I went on a blind date which turned out to be a disaster. It's hard for me to relate with other people after sticking close with just one person.

I'm just wondering, what makes a blind date successful? Need some tips here. :p.

Comments

• during the date, when you realise you two have things in common and actually can get conversations going. and after the date, if you guys exchange phone numbers, then thats a good sign. if either one calls the other, that's even better. there might actually be a chance of friendship atleast.
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Not having one. :glee:

Seriously now, one question: who sets up your blind dates for you?
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's successful when you're both blind and you only see what's in each other's thoughts. :D
  • QuentinQuentin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ or you can just pex. it's the same really.
  • dupsdups PExer
    how do you describe blind dates anyway?

my friends set me up for a blind date before and it went great..hmmm, altho it aint really blind coz we got to know each other thru texting :D

maybe the best thing to do is get to know as much as you can about your date...
  • interesting thread. i once considered myself a master(mistress) of blind dates. I used to go on one everyday, sometimes even more than one in one day.

hahah..those were the days. i was the favorite of my friends to set-up (pinakamadali daw kasi, anytime game kahit short notice). i must admit that i have had my share of great, mediocre (in other words forgettable) and disaster blind dates.

the ones that werent short notice first start off thru text. (some of them nakita na ng nung guy yung picture ko from my friends. so it was ony blind on my part.)

uhm, i'm going off topic. to answer the question. i think what makes a blind date succesful is when you click. you just know that there is a certain connection because it just makes evrything so easy.

but i also had blind dates that i didnt have the connection with the guy on the first date but the connection did appear on the second date. (hanggang second lang yugn masasabi ko kasi kung wala pa din connection with the guy i dont go out with him again...kasi boring.)

thank God i dont have to go through that now. but then again even if i was single i still would have sworn off blind dates just because i think i got too much of it. and there are a lot of crazy guys out there.
  • dupsdups PExer
    Originally posted by maxieGRL
    interesting thread. i once considered myself a master(mistress) of blind dates. I used to go on one everyday, sometimes even more than one in one day.

hahah..those were the days. i was the favorite of my friends to set-up (pinakamadali daw kasi, anytime game kahit short notice). i must admit that i have had my share of great, mediocre (in other words forgettable) and disaster blind dates.

the ones that werent short notice first start off thru text. (some of them nakita na ng nung guy yung picture ko from my friends. so it was ony blind on my part.)

uhm, i'm going off topic. to answer the question. i think what makes a blind date succesful is when you click. you just know that there is a certain connection because it just makes evrything so easy.

but i also had blind dates that i didnt have the connection with the guy on the first date but the connection did appear on the second date. (hanggang second lang yugn masasabi ko kasi kung wala pa din connection with the guy i dont go out with him again...kasi boring.)

thank God i dont have to go through that now. but then again even if i was single i still would have sworn off blind dates just because i think i got too much of it. and there are a lot of crazy guys out there.

tara blind date tayo!!! hehehe :D bilis :D
  • Originally posted by dups
    tara blind date tayo!!! hehehe :D bilis :D

uhm..sorry...i'm happily taken. engaged to be married.
    thank you very much. i some how met him on a semi blind date also. crush ko siya nugn college and we were set up years later. when we were both single again.

and even if i wasnt in a relationship. i dont go on blind dates anymore. :D i swore to myself that if thing dont work out with my biboo..i'll go back to my ex...este..i'll swear off men for good.:P
  • dupsdups PExer
    Originally posted by maxieGRL
    uhm..sorry...i'm happily taken. engaged to be married.
    thank you very much. i some how met him on a semi blind date also. crush ko siya nugn college and we were set up years later. when we were both single again.

and even if i wasnt in a relationship. i dont go on blind dates anymore. :D i swore to myself that if thing dont work out with my biboo..i'll go back to my ex...este..i'll swear off men for good.:P

you'll go back to your ex? ganun? kilala ko ba yan? :D
  • sunset7sunset7 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sometimes blind dates happen for destiny, i mean my parents met on a blind date & if they were'nt match up to a blind date, i would'nt be here for sure...just dnt expect too highly of the person ull meet cz itll only make u sad whn it doesnt match ure expectation, i guess thts how it works....

andie:*)
  • Originally posted by LaTtE`M
    Not having one. :glee:

Seriously now, one question: who sets up your blind dates for you?

My friends. She set me up with a nice girl. Too bad there's no connection, but that's ok. I thank my friend for the effort.
  • for me, it's basically going out with someone you don't know and haven't seen with your own eyes.

yup, three years ago I went on a blind date but I was able to talk to her on the phone a week before we saw each other which made everything easier.

is it possible to get the same result without getting know each other before the date itself?

Originally posted by dups
    how do you describe blind dates anyway?

my friends set me up for a blind date before and it went great..hmmm, altho it aint really blind coz we got to know each other thru texting :D

maybe the best thing to do is get to know as much as you can about your date...
  • Originally posted by maxieGRL
    interesting thread. i once considered myself a master(mistress) of blind dates. I used to go on one everyday, sometimes even more than one in one day.

Everyday? You must have enjoyed it. Good for you! You must be the perfect blind date.

Just a question, where do you usually find the connection?
  • dupsdups PExer
    Originally posted by mister_foo
    for me, it's basically going out with someone you don't know and haven't seen with your own eyes.

yup, three years ago I went on a blind date but I was able to talk to her on the phone a week before we saw each other which made everything easier.

is it possible to get the same result without getting know each other before the date itself?

well it depends really..mangangapa ka tlaga if you dont know her before your date..pero kaya mo din yan..just have faith in your abilities
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My friends. She set me up with a nice girl. Too bad there's no connection, but that's ok. I thank my friend for the effort.

It's good if that's true. I hope they do know your quirks with regards to women --- and set you up with someone you'd really enjoy being with, and not set you up just for the sake of setting you up.

As for yourself, you could explore other avenues... like online. :glee:
  • Originally posted by mister_foo
    Everyday? You must have enjoyed it. Good for you! You must be the perfect blind date.

Just a question, where do you usually find the connection?

connection? hmmm..iba iba.

sometimes theres just chemistry between the two of us..sometimes it starts with a common interest and the start talking about anything.
  • Originally posted by LaTtE`M
    It's good if that's true. I hope they do know your quirks with regards to women --- and set you up with someone you'd really enjoy being with, and not set you up just for the sake of setting you up.

As for yourself, you could explore other avenues... like online. :glee:

What's with the funny face? :p.
  • Originally posted by maxieGRL
    connection? hmmm..iba iba.

sometimes theres just chemistry between the two of us..sometimes it starts with a common interest and the start talking about anything.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Any tips on what I shouldn't do in a blind date based on your experience? Sorry for asking too much of your time.
  • attend to your blind date...
    with an open heart,
    with an open mind,
    and (especially for girls) an open wallet (in case matapat ka sa *****$hole & you need to split agad).

:D
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Any tips on what I shouldn't do in a blind date based on your experience? Sorry for asking too much of your time.

Never discuss or cross-reference other dates to your present date. :D